Trains to London

Hatch

peak time,

bloody scandalous.

I'll Stick with the car then.

Where have you got to go? I usually Park at Richmond, £13 for the day, although a colleague on mine drives into Hammersmith where it's a quid an hour he says. Traffic can be sh*t on the way out though if after 4ish.

Mrs booked one last Friday for travel today and I think (off-peak) it was £37 return from New Milton. I find trains overly expensive and too complicated. I remember when it was £15-17 for a day return (and no doubt some will remember when it was a few shillings), but £37!

Well if peak time is after 09.30, and you know a week in advance or so; google megatrain for a £2 day return.

HTH.x

Went from So'ton central to London Waterloo last weekend for 2 quid return. Megatrain is the way forward. Going in another couple of weeks again, this time it's a 5er return though! Getting expensive.

Went from So'ton central to London Waterloo last weekend for 2 quid return. Megatrain is the way forward. Going in another couple of weeks again, this time it's a 5er return though! Getting expensive.

Exactly this, booked So'ton - Waterloo today for the first week in September. Going up Tuesday coming back Wednesday, £2 total.

Network Railcard:

"A Network Railcard gives you 1/3 off most rail fares for journeys in the Network Railcard area and can also save you money on trips to and around London. The Network Railcard costs £25 and is valid for 12 months."

"The added benefit is that up to three adults can travel with you and they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare. Plus, you can take up to four children (aged 5 to 15 years) with you and save 60% on each child fare."

"You can travel any time on weekends and public holidays or from 10.00am Monday to Friday."

Not as cheap as Mega but more frequent if you want more choice.

Park at Soton Parkway on Saturdays and Sundays, free of charge (last time I used it).

Also, I recomend getting one of these freebies if you plan to eat at a station food outlet:

http://www.bitecard.co.uk/home.asp

**20% OFF**

I commute to London daily from Winchester. It works out a lot cheaper to buy a return to Basingstoke and a return from there to Waterloo. About 35 I think, 20ish with a railcard If you do this make sure the train you catch calls actually does call at Basingstoke. If you want to use the underground an oyster card may well be cheaper than a travelcard, depending on where you are going. Hope this helps.

You best not be getting the same train as me, I'll be most upset.

ps this is my 5th post today - what happend to the 3 post per day limit?

Where have you got to go? I usually Park at Richmond, £13 for the day, although a colleague on mine drives into Hammersmith where it's a quid an hour he says. Traffic can be sh*t on the way out though if after 4ish.

Park in the Kings Mall multi-storey in Hammersmith - there are always spaces and from memory it's only about £8 for the whole day - then tube in. Oyster card is cheaper if you're just doing the one tube journey; travelcard better if you're going to be on and off the tube all day.