O'Neill resigned with immediate effect

NorthamSteve

Blimey, that's a shock. Maybe too many players are being sold from beneath him? Milner is almost certainly gone and Spurs are after Young. Thought he did well really, considering. Last year they got to the League Cup Final, FA Cup Semi and finished 6th. Unless you're Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal - that's a good season for any team.

if Villas transfer policy is to sell Milner for £25 mill, then I reckon they have a pretty good transfer policy.

Apparently the deal involves Stephen Ireland coming the other way valued between 8 and 10 million if rumours are to be believed. 15m + Ireland is just crazy for a player like Milner.

Apparently the deal involves Stephen Ireland coming the other way valued between 8 and 10 million if rumours are to be believed. 15m + Ireland is just crazy for a player like Milner.

I suspect O'Niell fancied the cash to spruce the squad up a little bit, i think Ireland is very underated at Citeh and would do a bloody good job at Villa, but if he was perhaps told he wasn't getting the cash he is right to have walked.