Bob Crowe

Hatch

militant w**k*r gets a 12% pay rise.

'I'm alright Jack, but could you all please go on strike and risk your livelihoods'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1302316/Bob-Crows-12-pay-increase-RMTs-militant-leader-pockets-10k.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If a manager or CEO get a big rise, they deserve it because " we have to pay higher rates to attract the best ". I personally think Bob Crowe is a good union leader but if i were in his shoes i wouldn't have taken the rise because many workers are being laid off or are having pay freezes forced upon them and to be honest 84,000 pounds is enough to live on.

Just spoke to a mate who works for the RMT, and is in the same 5 a side squad as Mr Crowe. Apparently this pay rise is 12% over 4 years... so it's still a bit off in the current climate, but no where near as OTT as the Daily Heil suggests.

Personally, I think Crowe is one of the least likeable people in the country (up their with Cowell, Clarkson and half the Tory party). Even from my left of centre position, I feel he is a very scary authoritarian, with horridly illiberal views.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10954851

More commies going on strike...

BAA staff are in a totally different position to BA. BAA staff are pretty poorly paid and the company will make £900mn profit this year on turnover of only £2bn. The 10,000 staff (security, firemen etc) had a wage freeze last year and have lost bonuses - yet BAA made a profit of £90,000 per employee. I reckon they can afford to pay £18,000pa security staff 3% cost of living.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/7279920/BAA-profits-boost.html

Edited by buctootim

Bob Crowe is a knob for taking a pay rise - I'm one of the Underground workers in danger of losing my job as it is now and perhaps having to take a £7 grand pay cut, all because LUL have decided to cut our booking office roster from 18 people to 14, and I'm the 15th man.

I've been told that if I don't get a rostered spot four months after losing my position, I'll be dropped back a grade. These are so far unsubstantiated rumours doing the rounds with the reps, but it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'd have to move if I dropped a grade, and I certainly couldn't propose to my missus. We'll see. I didn't vote to strike though, as I didn't know this was happening at the time, but it's irrelevant as it looks like the strike is going ahead.