Brisbane Saints

An idea from Upsidedownsaint:

Any Brisbane based fans going to the Brisbane Roar v Sydney game next weekend (Saturday 21st August)....lets all wear the stripes and meet up at the game and sit together - sort of our tribute to Markus. If there's enough to make it worthwhile I will suggest a meet up somewhere before the game to raise a glass to the great man. Post on this thread if you are going to be there. I'm going.

Would also be good to meet each other in case there's reason for a party towards the end of the season....

Good on yer boys - I would be there myself - but it's a long way to come from Melbourne.

Just got back from a week at Hamilton Island - sh*t it's freezing down here!

Any Victory Saints wanna meet & drink a toast to the great man - our saviour- prior to the next AAMI fizzer?

Thanks for your text 'Knightsbridge', the spirit is willing, but mission control is exerting severe demands on this potential night out. Is it pay on the door then? The web site says 38 bucks - do you know if that's what we'd pay? Is there any risk of not getting in? (I'm speaking from the perspective of trying to get in to the Dell in the 1980's). Unfortunately, I don't have the stripes, but have a tasteful polo shirt with the badge! I'd really like to be able to talk about the impact of Markus - I wonder if it's worth contacting any local press so the Liebherr family get an idea of the global spread of Saints?

Ah, I realise that, as usual, I am one step behind - well done upsidedownsaint. I know there's a bunch of Saints fans in Perth who could do the same sort of thing with the Perth team. I also know, that I'm so desperate to watch any kind of football that is above pub level, I'll be a Roar fan for life (if I get to the game).

18 fans, nice one boys. Met 2 more on the way out, not in colours, tut tut! Friday night is the next game lets see if we can keep this up. I know we may not all be able to but maybe pick a few fixtures to get us all together. At the train station we were met with a chorus of O when the Roar go marchin in!!!! What have we started????????

Enjoyable first gathering chaps. Enjoyed singing 'Oh When the Roar' and 'Le Tiss, Le Tiss' when the Roar Number 7 spudded that sitter into the keepers arms from 2 yards. Upsidedownsaint has bunged us 4 free tickets for the Roar v Wellington game Friday night 8pm kick off (27th August). I'm going - first come first served for a free ticket on this thread. Collect at Kitty O Sheas from about 6:00 Friday evening. Shirts on again of course. Very interested that there is one of us in that number in Brisbane that runs a restaraunt.....looking forward to meeting him. COYR. WIFM. Go The Roar.

Good on yer boys - I would be there myself - but it's a long way to come from Melbourne.

Just got back from a week at Hamilton Island - sh*t it's freezing down here!

Any Victory Saints wanna meet & drink a toast to the great man - our saviour- prior to the next AAMI fizzer?

If I'd seen this thread last week I would have been interested. I'm at every Victory game so happy to meet up for a beer at any game. Unfortunately unlike our Queensland counterparts we can't actually wear the stripes or even the new home shirt to a game as it clashes with Heart!

We better let the Brisbane Saints have their own thread so put a post up on the Aussie Saints board and we'll see if there's any other interest. I know there are a few other Saints fans down here.

Another good turnout last night for the Wellington game - 10 I counted. 4 FREE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE ADELAIDE GAME. Saturday 18th September 7:30 kick off. I can't make that one sadly, but hoping Bright Spark will be able to go. As usual first 4 on here to claim a ticket gets one (or two if you're coming with a partner/friend). Will be sitting behind the goal in the Milton End from now on so our friends around Australia see us and can maybe do the same. Let the stripes fill the screens of the A League around Australia!! COYR. WIFM. Go the Roar.

Good to hear 'O when the Roar' again! The Brazilian band will be playing 'El when the Saintos' next time! Milton rd end..... takes me back to the Dell.....Southern end......it was made for Saints fans. Come and join us right behind the goal. We need to spread the word. Bright Spark how is the Taringa Rovers forum? 4.0 Saints lovely start to the day C.O.Y.R

Good to hear 'O when the Roar' again! The Brazilian band will be playing 'El when the Saintos' next time! Milton rd end..... takes me back to the Dell.....Southern end......it was made for Saints fans. Come and join us right behind the goal. We need to spread the word. Bright Spark how is the Taringa Rovers forum? 4.0 Saints lovely start to the day C.O.Y.R

I'll post a quick thread and see if it gets any attention... i've gotta be careful on the Taringa site though, referees need to keep a low profile ;)

http://trsc-online.xphpbb.com/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=9ff2e9a900f1929613a2b903ab923708

I'll be going to the Adelaide game so will meet those who claim the tickets outside the Milton on the 18th.

1 ticket left for the Adelaide game. brightpark has one, and Shaun has 2. Pick up will be Kitty O Sheas in Caxton Street from brightspark about 6:30 on the day unless otherwise arranged. Matt and his family will be at the game as well - so that will be at least 7 in the stripes plus hopefully a few more who will buy their own tickets and either see us in Kittys or at the ground. Remember we are gathering behind the goal at the Milton Road end of the ground from now on.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

G'day Kingsbridge Saint,

Christian here. well what the hell has been happening back Home. the nightmare continues.... I will be there at the milton end on the 18th. not sure who else will be with me, not sure what Gazza is up to yet or whether i'll have the girls with me at all. But i'll be there in my Red n White stripe singing 'Oh when the Roar go marching in'

Is there the 1 ticket left? I'll take it if there is just the one left still, if not, i'll get mine on the evening.

ive got a couple of good pictures from that evening v Sydney FC with all the Saints Fans together and the Flag and signs for Marcus. If anyone knows how to send the pictures to St Marys to get the word out back home, then I'm happy to send the photos through to an e-mail.

see you guys at the Adelaide game.

Christian

There has been a great reaction to the thread on TRSC which was a bit of a surprise. I spose there are more Saints fans hiding here than most of us imagined. 2 and half weeks to go until Adelaide, I spose that all of a sudden that is a bit more anticipated than our clash with Rochdale on the weekend :?

COYR

Saint Cookie - the final Adelaide ticket is yours then

Pick up from brightspark at Kitty O Sheas from 6:30pm on the day or arrange alternative directly with him (Conor)

I will txt you his mobile number.

And email me the pictures - I will try to get them up on here too. You already have my email address.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

nice photo lads....we enjoyed meeting up too (the Sunnybank saints crew). I will see about coming along to the Adelaide game with the boys - could be another 3 there in the red and white. just joined up to the forum - should be good to keep in touch. Hey upsidedown - no show at the Souths game - and I told them to lose it on purpose - see you on sat for the big one I guess COYR

To oztopcat, yes see you saturday, my other lad was banging in 3 last week so couldn,t make it. Thats 38 for his first season! time to call St mary's i think! Great to see that we have a good bit of interest, we are sure to make headlines if we can get 30 or so one day, even soccer am should in on the act now that its on over here....to those that have foxtel anyway? 16 days to go....O Whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn the Saints..............

oztopcat, upsidedownsaint: I may be on the wrong track here but I've reason to believe you're talking about the Under 14 Division 1 match between Souths and Queensland Lions?

If so, then i'll be the referee for that one (as I was at loganholme last weekend funnily enough). If not, then you needn't care 8)

brightspark - right clubs, right age group but wrong div. upsidedown and oztopcat have a boy in each team and it is knockout time in Div 3 at John Paul College on Sat arvo. I think the Div 1 teams play before us at same venue. but just in case you are our ref - what about mowing the lawn, doing the shopping AND washing the car??!!

upsidedown - saw your lad - looks like knee is bad..... anyways see u all there - in RED and WHITE of course!!

RED and WHITE was proudly displayed by upside down and oztopcat @ John Paul College U14 preliminary finals on sat arvo - but alas only one winner could prevail so congrats to upsidedown and his lads team - we will be there next Sat to cheer u on - Saints shirt in wash ready for repeat appearance!

Spoke to me brother in UK tonight - Saints really crap in last 2 games - is putting money and lots of hope on Martin O'Neil as new manager!!???

10 days to go to the next Roar game, if each of us on here bring 1 friend to the game then we will have, once again, a nice little turn out. Start thinking of some new chants, Myself and 'sonofasaint' have though of one for when 2 players are having handbags! 'It must be Love' (by madness) just repeat the chorus with hand claps should do, maybe with hands raised in between claps? Come on have a go, you will smile when you try it! We need to get on song and show the Roar that we, although Saints fans, support them as if they are our own. C.O.Y.R

G'day Brisbane Saints... So when does Martin O'neil sign up????

I got an e-mail from Roar about going to the 'Pig n Whistle' in Brissy to watch the Melbourne Victory game and have a few Beers, is there gonna be any Saints going down for a Pint or 2? i'll be there with my Saints top on and my Roar cap... Also a good start for our National team in the Euro qualifying...

Saint Cookie, good to see ya! If you see red and white please tell them to get along to the Adelaide game, we will be one down, 'sonofasaint' is away for the Adelaide game so need to make up the numbers. Pig and whistle have jumped on board with the roar, thank you Pig and Whistle.We may have to have a board meeting at the Pig?

Good morning lads.

well it could be a weekend we'd like to forget i guess, unless we're called 'sonofasaint'.. spot on mate. just to say, i hooked up with the support down at the 'Pig n Whistle' and i was the only one in a Saints top, but i got my picture with some of the Brisbane Roar players who made guest apperances, and also the secretary 'Emma Hamilton-Smith'. I'll try n post the picture up on here some how.

'Kingsbridge Saint' I told her about our gathering fan club to the home games and told her where we're sitting on the Milton End, she said to get hold of her and she would be able to get seats for us down that end. Told her to look out for us, make a bit of a head line, i'll pass on contact details at 'hotmail'.

Bring on the Colchester and Adelaide...

Is Emma worth getting hold of?! Just letting you all know I'm following the Brissy Saints in the 5 minutes internet access I have! Not quite sure from the above posts when the next meet up might be, could someone clarify? I enjoyed the Sydney game and would like to see another. My lad's PCYC soccer team had Roar reps handing out stuff at the end of season presentations - I think the Roar have a good community programme, I like the way they do things here!