gameface - fifa 2010

thesaint sfc

Did you ever think it could be because one side of your face is glaringly bright, causing the software to have a few problems working out the correct tone etc of your skin? I don't know how gameface works, but I'd certainly suggest taking a more neutral shot (no shadows as far as possible etc) and then spending a bit of time in photoshop to sort it out.

You need to be more accurate with the + pointers on your picture as it uses them to map your face pic onto the model. If you put the crosses at the outside of your nostrils and the tip of the nose in the right place then you won't get the shadowing effect around the side of the nose because the photo will be stretched the correct amount and the folds in the picture will be where the folds in the 3D model go.

Also, use the colour palette/brightness to tone your skin to one of the in-game skin shades so the circle "face in the hole" effect disappears.

I found using the 2 different pictures was probably the best way to get an accurate pic.

It's still a bit flawed because you can't control things like neck length, face shape (much), and what happens to your eyes when it puts you actually in-game, but you can do a pretty decent representation.

One last thing - once you've set your face parameters with the crosses, etc. DON'T change them with the sliders, they're the right sizes on average from your two photos and you shouldn't be able to improve them!

This is me, kinda : 11262_201275216930_708351930_3611908_4359727_n.jpg