Wheel Clamping to be outlawed

Weston Saint

I am afraid that private landlords have brought this on themselves. If they hadn't employed these cowboys then I am sure that clamping would not have been targeted in this way. I suppose that landlords will have to put up a spike or gate etc to stop illegal parking.

If any of you had private parking and the total ignorance of people who have no rights to park in these places , blocking people in and then abusing people who dare mention they should not do so, then you may be a little more understanding.If the clamping companies are doing things illegally then i have no time for them but can you tell me what else people can do when they provide customer car parking ?

I add i dont use clamping companies but it does annoy when people take liberties

Also if people didn't park illegally the clampers would not be needed

If any of you had private parking and the total ignorance of people who have no rights to park in these places , blocking people in and then abusing people who dare mention they should not do so, then you may be a little more understanding.If the clamping companies are doing things illegally then i have no time for them but can you tell me what else people can do when they provide customer car parking ?

I add i dont use clamping companies but it does annoy when people take liberties

You have a point, but if the clampers weren't charging exhorbitant fees this would never have happened. The landowners and clampers have brought this on themselves. I have no sympathy for either of them.

I'f i'm ever down your way i'll have to remember you've got a free car park.;)

Many years ago we had this chap who kept on parking his car in our staff and customer car park and then walking over to central station to catch the train to London every day. After a number of letters were put on his windscreen which he ignored we took the law into our own hands and got the fork truck driver from the company next door to pick the car up and dump it on the pavement across the road only for it to be towed away about an hour later by the OB. We never heard anything about it and he stoped parking his car in our car park.

First speed cameras were targetted, and now it's clamps. It's brilliant that since the Conservatives got into power we are seeing more and more of our freedoms returned.

Coming soon, the freedom to fall off of faulty scaffolding, or by killed at work by bad wiring when they get rid of the Health and Saftey regs.

Following that, the freedom to burn books .

First speed cameras were targetted, and now it's clamps. It's brilliant that since the Conservatives got into power we are seeing more and more of our freedoms returned.

I agree with you about the wheelclamps, but I don't on speed cameras. If I had my way, they would be on every road, along with clear signs on the maximum speed limit.

Hmmm, 70 mph down Peartree Avenue? Does that ring any bells?

Nowhere near 70. Was 58, and proves my point, should have had the book thrown at me, but luckily I think the copper was on the way to Woolston to pick up his chinese.

And anyway, the speed limit wasn't clearly marked. It was obviously an error thinking I could go national speed limit.

Julian, have the points come off your licence yet?

Nowhere near 70. Was 58, and proves my point, should have had the book thrown at me, but luckily I think the copper was on the way to Woolston to pick up his chinese.

And anyway, the speed limit wasn't clearly marked. It was obviously an error thinking I could go national speed limit.

Julian, have the points come off your licence yet?

Yes, yes they have & I'll be available for Towcester if anyone's got any horseys that need riding.