Any house alarm experts?

Baj

Long story, so bear with me...

Living in a rented house in Eastleigh. The house alarm (which supposedly doesnt work) went off last night when I had to turn the power off at the mains... and of course went mental for 20 minutes with me having no way to turn it off. I even tried pulling the box off the wall and "hot wiring" the 6 wires that come out in various combinations, only succeeding in pausing the ringing, not stopping it.

Am contacting the estate agent, but also interested in other peoples thoughts.

Problems I have now are:

a) If I lose power, the alarm will go off again. I tried turning the power off at the mains, it had no effect.

b) Having now pulled the box off the wall, I'm going to have to rewire it back on, however I've no way of doing it since I dont have the installation manual, and can't see any identifiable marks on the keypad or PSB inside.

Long story, so bear with me...

Living in a rented house in Eastleigh. The house alarm (which supposedly doesnt work) went off last night when I had to turn the power off at the mains... and of course went mental for 20 minutes with me having no way to turn it off. I even tried pulling the box off the wall and "hot wiring" the 6 wires that come out in various combinations, only succeeding in pausing the ringing, not stopping it.

Am contacting the estate agent, but also interested in other peoples thoughts.

Problems I have now are:

a) If I lose power, the alarm will go off again. I tried turning the power off at the mains, it had no effect.

b) Having now pulled the box off the wall, I'm going to have to rewire it back on, however I've no way of doing it since I dont have the installation manual, and can't see any identifiable marks on the keypad or PSB inside.

if its not been there long it will probably have an annual maintainence contract on it. although they may not take too kindly to having to repair it cos you pulled it off the wall :)

Edited by Saint Keith
becasue i was talking ********

As it's rented, this really shouldn't be your problem Baj. The fact that you've messed with the wiring shouldn't be a problem, faced with a noisy alarm going off 'out of hours' I think most people would do the same.

The estate agency should have someone to sort this ASAP, don't take any cr*p from them!!!!!!

If you can't find the battery or its not a conventional battery then try and find the sounder. A small disk with two wires. Try and disconnect that. If its on a PCB (printed circuit board) then find a hammer and beat the sh1t out of it for a while. They are usually mounted on the front so shouldn't be hard to find

Thankfully I'm back with David Evans estate agents now, who have always been the best I've ever dealt with. The owner himself dealt with my problem at 9:30 at has an electrician coming out this morning. :)

Thankfully I'm back with David Evans estate agents now, who have always been the best I've ever dealt with. The owner himself dealt with my problem at 9:30 at has an electrician coming out this morning. :)

Can't stand the man, jumped up smarmy git. Best of luck getting your deposit back when you leave.

Didnt have a problem last time I used david evans, maybe you just live like a pig? ;)

Wasn't my rental property I was speaking about! He was also a nightmare when we bought this house, very unhelpful and blamed his staff for things not going to plan dates wise.