Airline ticket advice...

Tractor_Saint

OK, so I've just booked a holiday with flights to Malaga via Expedia. Unfortunately there's a bug in the sign up process on Expedia (seriously!) as I've put 'Mike' as the profile name but before booking the tickets changed my firstname entry to 'Michael'. However, because I hadn't filled something on the page correctly, when I hit 'Continue' it asked me to correct my passport details. Unknown to me, it had also reset 'Michael' to 'Mike' further up the page.

So, Flybe have sent the e-ticket to me with MIKE instead of MICHAEL. Is that going to be an issue? I've tried to call Expedia quite a few times but they keep fobbing me off that they can't get hold of Flybe and they'll call me 'tomorrow'. So far, tomorrow hasn't come - 3 days running.

Obviously not very happy, anyone got experience of where a first name isn't the same as the passport?

Cheers

Mike / Michael / whatever.

I did ring Flybe - they tell me that it's an easy change on their end but because I've booked it through Expedia it's Expedia that has to make the update and there's nothing they can do... ARGH.

Get it sorted as they will not let you fly if the names are different.

You MUST have a confirmation from FlyBe that a "note" has been added to your customer information profile that they use at check-in or you will not fly. IF they say Expedia must do it then that is what you MUST do.

I had similar with my last freebie BA ticket - that had to be booked through their call centre and the girl (being Asian) used the Asian pronunciation of my surname (yeah yeah I know the jokes). It took me 2 hours on the phone before they were able to put a message in. I still had a grilling at check-in on each leg of the flight.

I've just flown with Flybe and I read throug their FAQs. They mantion a 24 hour grace period for changing a name. After that it's 25£, I believe.

Thanks for all your responses. Finally got through to someone who helped at Expedia after asking to speak to the supervisor (first time I asked to speak to the manager I was put on hold and gave up after 30 minutes of holding). I think that my ticket has been updated now but just awaiting confirmation from Flybe that all's well. Phew!