Weather data

Red Alert

Really need some help regarding a customer at my work. Can anyone point out or give me a website that tells me the rainfall on Weds 4th August this year in Shawbury? There is a RAF base there if that helps.

A customer is saying that we left a door open on that day and allowed more than 1000 litres of rainwater into his central heating tank. :? I know, but unless we can prove there was no way that much rain fell in that day we are pretty much taking the blame.

Really need some help regarding a customer at my work. Can anyone point out or give me a website that tells me the rainfall on Weds 4th August this year in Shawbury? There is a RAF base there if that helps.

A customer is saying that we left a door open on that day and allowed more than 1000 litres of rainwater into his central heating tank. :? I know, but unless we can prove there was no way that much rain fell in that day we are pretty much taking the blame.

Wed 4th August 2010 precipitation at Shawbury 10mm with a south westerly wind. www.weatheronline.co.uk If it was me I'd ring Air Traffic Control at RAF Shawbury (RAF main helicopter training base) and ask them to give you their actual weather for the date/time that is relevant.

Edited by derry

Wed 4th August 2010 precipitation at Shawbury 10mm with a south westerly wind. www.weatheronline.co.uk If it was me I'd ring Air Traffic Control at RAF Shawbury (RAF main helicopter training base) and ask them to give you their actual weather for the date/time that is relevant.

IIRC, 10mm of rain is equivalent to 10 litres of rain per m/sq. So if the area of the water tank was smaller than 100m/sq then you should be ok (assuming my dodgy maths is correct).

It has been the hottest August in 100 years in Damascus. Temperatures have been reaching 45C.

Hope that weather data is useful as well

Long may it continue as where i'm going in Turkey isn't far from the border with Syria.

Long may it continue as where i'm going in Turkey isn't far from the border with Syria.

Where in turkey are you going?

Here: http://cds053.lo1.hwcdn.net/e3m9u5m8/cds/s/17/media17/2010/Aug/23/LiveLeak-dot-com-0ad8ab4e25fb-36883_20100822171030.jpg?epochTTL=1282605542&Token=cc677cf68c14b8f56e1da9565d8065b0&ri=1200&rs=1000

Edited by Dog

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Allowing for a standard oil tank opening of 20 cm diameter, 1000 litres in 6 minutes would require 50mm of rainfall per minute. This equates to 1200mm rainfall per day and, considering that the floods which have devastated over half of Pakistan recently have had an unprecedented absolute maximum of 250mm of rain on July 30th, it would appear that your customer has experienced a recurrence of the deluge which destroyed the earth in biblical times. Tell him to get building an Ark damn smartish. His god is angry with him.

Alternatively, tell him that he is claiming a rainfall approximately 5 times more furious than the floods in Pakistan. And suggest politely to him where he can put his claim...

Side, pronounced See day. 5 star spa hotel, unthemed, no riff raff.

I have been to Side, it is a right dump, extremely hot and full of Kurdish gypsies. There is a massive open air waste refuse site on the edge of the beach, and when the wind blows in the wrong direction you get a lovely smell of gone off milk & maggotty dustbins.

I hope the wind stays calm for you.

Edited by Dog

I have been to Side, it is a right dump, extremely hot and full of Kurdish gypsies. There is a massive open air waste refuse site on the edge of the beach, and when the wind blows in the wrong direction you get a lovely smell of gone of milk & maggoty dustbins.

It is supposed to have been spruced up recently so I expect it's not quite like this now (i hope).

I have been to Side, it is a right dump, extremely hot and full of Kurdish gypsies. There is a massive open air waste refuse site on the edge of the beach, and when the wind blows in the wrong direction you get a lovely smell of gone of milk & maggoty dustbins.

must've stayed in a similar location. the 5 minute walk to the beach was through said tip!