Britain is now the most over- populated country in the EU

dune

Thanks to Labours open door policy to immigrants we have now overtaken the low countries as the most over - populated country in the EU. Only Malta has more people per square mile than England!

James Clappison, Tory MP for Hertsmere, said: 'Population density of such a level is an issue which politicians must address. Immigration is the major driver of population increase.'

He added: 'This is something which the last government studiously ignored and this Government must deal with.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306213/England-populated-country-EU.html

Edited by dune

Over population and population density are seperate issues.

Malta, the only other nation mentioned there and is more densely populated (the measure that the Daily Mail is using....) and is not over populated.

Note they have put 'The United Kingdom' in the list as well.... They are just playing with statistics to try and spin a story.

Thanks to Labours open door policy to immigrants we have now overtaken the low countries as the most over - populated country in the EU. Only Malta has more people per square mile than England!

'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306213/England-populated-country-EU.html

That’s a contradiction as Malta is in the EU, also it states England when it is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that is a member of the EU.

That’s a contradiction as Malta is in the EU, also it states England when it is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that is a member of the EU.

So that makes Englands over crowding ok does it?

So that makes Englands over crowding ok does it?

On what basis are you stating we are over crowded, the article relates to population density, I can relate to an overcrowded pub or club but I cannot relate over crowding to a country in the same way. Outside of the EU there are a number of countries who have greater population density than England. Is there an international standard against which over crowding can be judged, the UK is about 50th in world population density terms with some notably economically successful countries well above us. To answer your question, not quite directly i admit, nothing in the article gives me any cause for concern.

How appropriate that there is a 'FANCY A POLISH GIRLFRIEND IN THE UK' ad at the top of the page. But yes, there is a deliberate piece of misdirection on the Daily Mail's part, but you don't expect anything else from the official paper of the outer party.

Thing is the Tories won't act decisively Dune, as despite having an inbuilt hatred of all things 'foreign', Tories tend to have a even greater love for all things involving money, especially personal wealth. Screw with immigration, and you scupper what's left of the economy. Welfare makes more economic sense to tackle, and is another typical Tory pet hate, so will appease the frothing blue masses. As such, the easiest target for Tory wrath is where Immigration and Welfare intersect, by targetting those who Prince Philip might depict as both 'foreign types' and 'scrounging beggers'.

Personally, I agree with swannymere, albeit, that people who chose not to work, who were born in the UK should recieve a slightly stiffer penalty than the merely be sent home.

Oh, and by the way, the Heil is wrong in it's basic argument. Politically, socially and economically, the infrastructure of the Country, while heavily utilised, is not at breaking point. As such, the Country can support further immigration - whether it wants to is another question. As such, the Heil is wrong again.

On what basis are you stating we are over crowded, the article relates to population density, I can relate to an overcrowded pub or club but I cannot relate over crowding to a country in the same way. Outside of the EU there are a number of countries who have greater population density than England. Is there an international standard against which over crowding can be judged, the UK is about 50th in world population density terms with some notably economically successful countries well above us. To answer your question, not quite directly i admit, nothing in the article gives me any cause for concern.

It is easy to put us 50th if you include Wales & Scotland and all of the unproductive land. There is a chronic overpopulation in the South. Food security and water will be our children's big issues. You should not close your eyes to this.

It is easy to put us 50th if you include Wales & Scotland and all of the unproductive land. There is a chronic overpopulation in the South. Food security and water will be our children's big issues. You should not close your eyes to this.

My eyes are not closed, food security and water security are a global issue and whilst population density in a small geographic area is a factor it is very minor. Your issue of the chronic overpopulation in the South (What is your boundary definition of the South?) it is mainly casused by internal UK economic migration. It could be alliviated by the oppsoite of a Tory think tank proposal last year to move unemployed people from the north to the south, why not send them in the opposite direction however I am sure you value and enjoy your freedom to live and work where you choose, I certainly do and have no wish to deny that freedom to others.

Have you only just noticed?

Of course not, England and particularly the south has been over populated for some time now. You just have to look at the M3 and other roads and the sheer number of houses to realise that the South is now ruined.

James Clappison, Tory MP for Hertsmere, said: 'Population density of such a level is an issue which politicians must address. Immigration is the major driver of population increase.'

He added: 'This is something which the last government studiously ignored and this Government must deal with.'

The problem is the coffin dodging Daily Mail readers living too long.

something tells me you hate labour:lol:,what a surprise and that you are a dailymail reader:lol: ,what another surprise not.

i,m more worried about the workshy and lazy spongers and anyone from the eu can work or live her if they want to since we joined the eu under the converstives :rolleyes:

And the solution? (You realise that I may have a personal interest here).

Accept that the older generation vote for the forces of darkness in some form of sick revenge against the youth of today, safe in the knowledge that they will probably be dead before the inevitable catastrophe of self-greed and corruption impacts the country?

Accept that the older generation vote for the forces of darkness in some form of sick revenge against the youth of today, safe in the knowledge that they will probably be dead before the inevitable catastrophe of self-greed and corruption impacts the country?

NAh, we'll just run up massive debts instead.