England footballer wins continuation of gagging order

tony13579

England footballer wins continuation of gagging order: There has been increasing concern over the use of gagging orders to hide embarrassing information An England footballer has won a continuation of a High Court gagging order preventing the "misuse" of private information about him.

An injunction blocking publication of allegations about his private life was originally granted to the sportsman on 19 August.

The move came shortly after another England international player was granted a similar court order.

The terms of the orders prohibit either of the footballers from being named.

The latest ruling was made by Mr Justice Kenneth Parker, sitting in London. The initial injunction was granted by a different judge.

Before the proceedings went into private session, Hugh Tomlinson QC, for the footballer, stressed it was not a so-called super-injunction - one which even prevents publication of the fact an injunction has been granted.

Private hearing

Mr Tomlinson said: "It is an injunction which does not seek to conceal its own identity, but seeks to conceal the identity of the claimant and the defendant because it is an injunction which relates to private information."

The footballer's lawyer then called for proceedings to be held in private, because he said hearing the case in open court would "defeat the object of the hearing".

The judge said it was indeed "an appropriate case to be heard in private".

There has been increasing concern over the use of injunctions to stop reporting of potentially embarrassing revelations.

There was outrage last year after an injunction granted to the Swiss multinational Trafigura appeared to restrict what MPs could say in Parliament.

The footballer's injunction will now continue until a further order or other court action.

Any one know what this is all about? Without actually breaking the law...

This will be locked within minutes I warrent... but if rumours are to be belived then this might something to do with a current England player, and the daughter of a former Irish international midfielder of Anfield fame. Perhaps. Maybe. Caveated with massive disclaimers of it's all a fabrication.

A few very subtle clues here

http://www.goalymoly.com/football-news/which-england-player-took-out-super-injunction-week46008

On a totally unrelated note somebody has left the toilet seat up!

ooh that artile is fun for speculating. Reading that it could be The revenge of the ex England left Back as his ex does the kiss and tell

Or not allegedly made upedly

Nope. From someone who knows a few paps, there is some truth in them.

Love to know who his source is, mine's the editor of a national sunday tabloid? One rumour was even saying he banged Curren's little sister - she hasnt even got a sister!

Sorry, I wanted it to be true badly as I think she's a slag that looks like she's been ****ted in the face with a frying pan straight off the hob, but it really isn't.

TBF i agree BTF, i really couldn't give a flying f*ck who they are and what they are up to.

Do we really have a right to know the ins and outs of their lives ? Would you want people knowing ??

On a side note, the piccy in the Goallymolly post about actually looks like Lescott even with the smudging.

Who gives a toss? Seriously?

People with sad lives who get their kicks by reading about other people's goings-on?

Sad, very sad.

true but those footballers who think they are demi gods and think they can get away with anything do need wake up calls.

true but those footballers who think they are demi gods and think they can get away with anything do need wake up calls.

Like what ?? They don't really do anything normal people don't do in a way, just with a bit more excess.

I know people that have cheated, done drugs, got caught up with gambling etc and i am sure they wouldn't want there names plastered all over T'net

Who gives a toss? Seriously?

People with sad lives who get their kicks by reading about other people's goings-on?

Sad, very sad.

We have an England captain who can't find a way to motivate the "team" They cant be a team if thier going behind each others backs and borrowing thier wives daughters etc.

I too don't give a fig about thier private lives. It is however the root of thier problems

I think the Anfield one with an "alleged" or close to being minor and a pregnancy were the 1st gagging order. Although who that player is is anyone's guess.........

Might have something to do with something I heard about a player in a playing in the M area of the north.

• 8 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1384757/Your-Secret-Life-So-mention-wife-Hugh---fact-drives-Volvo.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

the last paragraph in an article in todays Mail.

But then Hugh’s devotion to wife Lulu is so strong it is understood he is known to fellow thespians as the Ryan Giggs of the showbusiness world, after the famously family-orientated footballer

LOL, that will be two fingers to the courts and injunction ruling then.

Problem with all these injunctions, the rumours and inuendoes sculling around could easily implicate completelry the wrong person and make their life a misery.

Apart from 'Citizen Cane' outed by a political rival in the film, you never hear of Newspaper Editors getting caight up in scandal

Perhaps they all live blameless lives

http://twitter.com/#!/injunctionsuper

This has appeared on Twitter in the last few days. Easily traceable I would think.

Must be showing my age......never heard of David Threlfall and Pauline McLynn, Hugh Bonneville, David Schneider or Imogen Thomas.

And to be honest I really couldn't care about the sexual activities of any of those mentioned on that twitter page.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Must be showing my age......never heard of David Threlfall and Pauline McLynn, Hugh Bonneville, David Schneider or Imogen Thomas.

And to be honest I really couldn't care about the sexual activities of any of those mentioned on that twitter page.

I bet you have, she was Mrs Doyle in Father ted.

Oh so it isn't the story about Peter Crouch and the stag night in Spain then

ooh that artile is fun for speculating. Reading that it could be The revenge of the ex England left Back as his ex does the kiss and tell

Or not allegedly made upedly

Careful! Dont get libellous