Halo: Reach

St Marco

Yeah Hypo, that was an advert, not a trailer, none of that is actually in game footage, if it was it would be pretty amazing!

There was a beta that had like 3 million people or something in it so lots of gameplay footage about. Here is a cool video a gamer made of his time in the beta

graphics kick ass.

And here is a proper trailer, all in game footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8uJRYUOdME&feature=player_embedded

I just read the CVG preview, if you got time is a good read http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=261713

They say

"The Halo marathon that ensued purged any doubt from our minds that not only is the forthcoming Reach every inch the sterling sign off from Bungie, but it's also set to blow its shooter rivals off the face of the planet this September.

Straight away you'll clock the gigantic leap in visual quality from Halos 3 and ODST. Bungie hasn't confirmed 60 frames a second - but it certainly looks that way. It's a lot more fluid than Gears Of War - and in-game action runs as smoothly as Modern Warfare 2. This one would have Marcus Fenix and Captain Price going green around the gills.

The AI on show is simply staggering, a decade of experience and familiarity with the universe right there on screen to test your gaming mettle"

Can't wait.

To say im looking forward to September 14th is a ****ing understatement. Ive logged an unhealthy amount of hours playing halo over the years, and this next one just looks brilliant. I have not been able to play Halo 3 since the Reach beta finished because Reach makes 3 look antiquated. Cant.....Wait....!

It's a trailer. They can make it look as good as they want. All irrelevant without in-game footage. Not sure why anyone even bothers to look at a trailer until we see actual footage of the game itself.

Doesnt take anything away from the fact that its a ****ing brilliant advert though. The live action add' for ODST was absolutely terrific. Should make a movie in the same style, would be epic!

Just thought i'd point this deal out

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=4467;6;-1;-1;-1&sku=298441&_tag.WT.ac=HC_HALO_REACH-PBODY-HC_HALO_REACH_PROD-298441

If you pre-order from HMV you get it for £37.99 and get 800 microsoft points. Think that is a pretty good deal!

That is a good deal, but im sad and will want it in my hands on launch day and hmv cant guarantee that! Might go for it anyway though...

That is a good deal, but im sad and will want it in my hands on launch day and hmv cant guarantee that! Might go for it anyway though...

In that case you want to order it from game. They always get the games to you a day early.

In america Gamestop (one of the biggest stores in the world) have just said this

"Due to massive demand and excessive sales the following are all sold out WORLDWIDE. We are not allowed to take anymore pre-orders.

Legendary Edition

Limited Edition

Halo Reach console bundle.

We still can take pre-orders on the standard but have been notified that maybe only for a week more".

Game better honour my pre-order or i will be ****ed!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a rental copy last night - hacked through 3-4 hours worth of covenant playing on heroic. Not sure if I've played too many other FPS games in the past few years, but it doesn't feel as though Halo has evolved, which is a good and bad thing. Needless to say I doubt I'll be consumed by the desire to rank up like I was in CoD MW2, and the campaign still has a poignancy that other FPS games don't. The audio is superb, colours are darker and many of the easy kills have been reduced. The Elites seemer harder to take down, weapons have been altered and I dare say the storyline and future elements of it will draw me in, the way my first encounter with The Flood did but so far (four levels in) its still the same game I was playing earlier this decade. So I've matured a little and am growing out of video games finally. Or perhaps that will change as the game evolves. I'm now itching to play again but am working from home and will resist until this evening. Probably.