Fair play to the miners in Chile.

Turkish

How is that for coping with an ordeal. No whinging and complaining from them, just getting on with it. 22 days trapped so far and still smiling. Grateful that people are trying to help them get out. Compare that to when the Eurostar train broke down in the tunnel for a few hours a couple of months ago. People whining and moaning that there was no food or water, it was hot and how did they survive!

Nothing but respect and admiration for these men. I hope they make it. I'd go mad. Apparently some American expert driller / miner is getting involved who reckons it can be done in weeks, not months.

I hope he is right. The news today is that 5 of the men have been diagnosed with depression. They need to hurry as much as possible.

Think TSW could help out. We seem to have a number of experts on Depression in our midst.

Good luck to them, what a nightmare for them and their families, as we found, it can be the Hope that kills you but in this case it is the one thing that has to be kept going

How is that for coping with an ordeal. No whinging and complaining from them, just getting on with it. 22 days trapped so far and still smiling. Grateful that people are trying to help them get out. Compare that to when the Eurostar train broke down in the tunnel for a few hours a couple of months ago. People whining and moaning that there was no food or water, it was hot and how did they survive!

I know somebody who was on that Eurostar, and shes still complaining about it now, no joke, unfortunately.

personally I think the Chilean miners are a bunch of lazy ****s.

they know they are stuck down there until Christmas. They have access to tools. They should damn well get to work and open up a few more seams and get four months worth of work done while they wait. You can bet, as soon as they do get rescued and back to the surface they will be asking for back pay owed for being stuck down there. Well, if they want their back pay, they should work for it. Bugger all else they can do. Otherwise they are no different from the scum what Maggie had to fight back in the 80's.