Is William Hague Gay?

1976_Child

He has been caught sharing a room with a younger, male, assistant.

He has just released a press release saying he has not had an affair with this young man, but his wife can't conceive.

What he did not say was that he was not gay; the press release was clearly very cleverly worded to leave him room to come out of the closet in the future.

imho, the jury is out on this one.

He has just released a press release saying he has not had an affair with this young man, but his wife can't conceive.

What he did not say was that he was not gay; the press release was clearly very cleverly worded to leave him room to come out of the closet in the future.

So is the suggestion that he was trying to impregnate this young lad?

I went on a sports tour the other weekend the team were put up in a B&B I was in a room with two single beds and had to share the

room with another team member. I hope the insinuation that you can no longer share a room in case your classed as gay is a load of crap. Fortunately I never slept in my bed but slept with a lass in her house . none the same it is a bit worrying

I'm sure there was a post on this forum a while back that aluded to Hague being gay.

I posted back on the Election forum that my mate in the press had told me he was ,so I was celebrating my first ever ITK, until he went and made a satement. It's a pretty stright forward statement that leaves him no wiggle room.Personaly I cant see him making this statement if he was, all it needs is an exboyfriend to come out and admitt it and his career's over.

Lord Tebbitt and John Redwood have criticised his statement - the words of Lord tebbitt was that it was naive at best and foolish at worst, so I suspect that they know that he is gay and that at some point the press will out him and use the statement against him.

I don't think sharing a room with his special adviser is THAT suspicious. People in these positions will just work through the night and it would be easier to do so when in the same room. I don't think the statement was necessarily the best idea though, I hadn't heard this rumour until he released that statement.

I don't think sharing a room with his gay lover is THAT suspicious. People in these positions will just sh4g through the night and it would be easier to do so when in the same room. I don't think the statement was necessarily the best idea though, I hadn't heard this rumour until he released that statement.

I've made a few alterations to your post.;)

Lord Tebbitt and John Redwood have criticised his statement - the words of Lord tebbitt was that it was naive at best and foolish at worst, so I suspect that they know that he is gay and that at some point the press will out him and use the statement against him.

My Press mates response when I made the same point was "Lets hope Seb Coe keeps his mouth shut then". I think he's starting to wind me up now :cry:

I guess it might depend on what his voting record/public views were on gay issues

Indeed! He's got a bad record on equality issues. I'm lesbian (but buy me a drink and I'll still flirt with you!) and obviously don't give a monkeys about sexuality but if he were gay I wouldn't be impressed on the hypocrisy or the betrayal of his wife (assuming she wasn't in on it). Why bring up the miscarriages at all: it doesn't prove anything and puts her under unwelcome publicity. Don't like Tebbit but he was right about the lapse of judgement. Today I saw for the first time that photo of him in the park with his aide and again, gay or not, how he appeared was a real lapse of judgement for a politician!

Indeed! He's got a bad record on equality issues. I'm lesbian (but buy me a drink and I'll still flirt with you!) and obviously don't give a monkeys about sexuality but if he were gay I wouldn't be impressed on the hypocrisy or the betrayal of his wife (assuming she wasn't in on it). Why bring up the miscarriages at all: it doesn't prove anything and puts her under unwelcome publicity. Don't like Tebbit but he was right about the lapse of judgement. Today I saw for the first time that photo of him in the park with his aide and again, gay or not, how he appeared was a real lapse of judgement for a politician!
The picture is one of many that has dogged him (bad phrase perhaps) over the decades.

His statement is a s### or bust position. It has left him open for a gay man who has never met him to destroy him and make money in the tabloids at the same time. Strikes me that it was started by a dirty tricks campaign by his political rivals.

I would vote for him whether he was gay or not, he is good at his job.

I dont think it was started as a dirty tricks campaign. I was told years ago when he was Tory leader that he was gay, so it's been doing the rounds for years.Surely it would have come out then if it was about dirty tricks.

In this day and age being gay would not have a negitive impact on his career. To deny ever having had relations with a man, if it was untrue, would.If he had done so, the Portillo route would have been the way to go. I cant believe a gay politican would make a staement like that, if it was untrue. However, the person who told me didn't do it in a gossipy way, it just came up in conversation as a matter of fact and common knowledge in press circles. Perhaps the statement has been made to protect his marriage (as in his wife doesn't know, but is starting to pressure him on the rumours)

Really? As reported in today's paper...

"Christopher Myers.....blah blah blah.....Any suggestion that his appointment was due to an improper relationship between us is utterly false, as is any suggestion that I have ever been involved in a relationship with any man".

Seems pretty clear to me.

I've made a few alterations to your post.;)

I have to admit I did lol a little bit... which concerns me loads as it is you who is responsible for it!

To continue on from that post, I don't give a shít if he is gay. Much more interested in what he does in government, which I don't agree with at all.

I dont think it was started as a dirty tricks campaign. I was told years ago when he was Tory leader that he was gay, so it's been doing the rounds for years.Surely it would have come out then if it was about dirty tricks.

In this day and age being gay would not have a negitive impact on his career. To deny ever having had relations with a man, if it was untrue, would.If he had done so, the Portillo route would have been the way to go. I cant believe a gay politican would make a staement like that, if it was untrue. However, the person who told me didn't do it in a gossipy way, it just came up in conversation as a matter of fact and common knowledge in press circles. Perhaps the statement has been made to protect his marriage (as in his wife doesn't know, but is starting to pressure him on the rumours)

I remember hearing the story that Hague was gay (and that his wife was therefore a beard) back in 1997, after he became Tory leader. This was from a friend who knew a journalist who'd told him, so wasn't exactly the most reliable source in the world! Personally, I couldn't give a flying one about his sexuality; however, I can well imagine that being gay (or even thought to be gay) would have totally knackered his chances of becoming Tory leader at that time.

I remember hearing the story that Hague was gay (and that his wife was therefore a beard) back in 1997, after he became Tory leader. This was from a friend who knew a journalist who'd told him, so wasn't exactly the most reliable source in the world! Personally, I couldn't give a flying one about his sexuality; however, I can well imagine that being gay (or even thought to be gay) would have totally knackered his chances of becoming Tory leader at that time.

The fact that we both heard from press people confirms that there have been rumours for years. Therefore, it seems really surprising that he shared a room with another male, as he must have been aware of this rumours. It's not like he's short of a bob or two, so I don't buy this saving money defence.

I think this will be a case of the denial and cover up causing more damage than the original rumours.

The fact that we both heard from press people confirms that there have been rumours for years. Therefore, it seems really surprising that he shared a room with another male, as he must have been aware of this rumours. It's not like he's short of a bob or two, so I don't buy this saving money defence.

I think this will be a case of the denial and cover up causing more damage than the original rumours.

If there was going to have been a media campaign about this why not previously, and it's certainly not something I'd heard. Mind you, I hadn't heard the term "beard" before either! It still leaves me heartily disliking him for his voting record. If he won't grant me equality and enforced a 3 line whip on the crass section 28 he won't get any support from me.