Questions for the Solent Forum?

Saint Charlie

Its the Radio Solent forum on Thursday, the first chance to quiz Jan. Hopefully Killer will be there as captain!

I went last year (Burley, Hone, Claus) and it was so flat it was untrue. This year should be different IMO as a few dark clouds have been lifted from over St Mary's (at least in the view of those who judge RL on the job he does now rather than what he has done/personal vendettas).

Anyhow, what would you like to find out?

For me I am interested whther or not we will look to add a few loan players to squad as when JP joined the club said they hoped the new structure would attract good loan players, which can be vital in the CCC.

Would also like to know if we are still trying to sign anyone, and which areas JP thinks could be improved in the squad.

Will Lowe and Wilde be attending or are they still bottling it?

If Lowe does attend:

"What efforts are you making to find investment in SLH, and would you advise investment in SLH to W H Ireland clients given that you are non executive director and chairman of the company?"

Lowe had obviously not anticipated being back in control, as he rather conveniently had made other arrangements for a prior engagement some time ago. As he won't be there, I'll not bother going either, as without him it's going to be a rather sterile and bland meeting. If I were going and Lowe was too, I'd probably feel inclined to ask him if he and his cronies were still adamant that they would be prepared to sell their shares if an offer was made for all of them and if so, what price would they settle for, bearing in mind that they were at last priced at a level commensurate with our situation?

Lowe had obviously not anticipated being back in control, as he rather conveniently had made other arrangements for a prior engagement some time ago. As he won't be there, I'll not bother going either, as without him it's going to be a rather sterile and bland meeting. If I were going and Lowe was too, I'd probably feel inclined to ask him if he and his cronies were still adamant that they would be prepared to sell their shares if an offer was made for all of them and if so, what price would they settle for, bearing in mind that they were at last priced at a level commensurate with our situation?

Problem is Wes, that as long as people imply dishonesty without evidence (prior arranged busness trip was 'convenient') and insult his colleagues ('cronies') why should RL submit himself in any arena where is likely to face mindless insults? If fans want to establish communications with the chairman, there needs to a guarantee that debate will be polite and questions will be sensible. Asking a controlling shareholder what price they will accept for their shares simply displays ignorance of business. It also makes an assumption that RL wants to end his 13 year relationship with SFC, when there is no evidence to support such an assumption. It would be good for fans to be able to talk to RL, and we saw him doing just that at the pre-season friendly at Winchester, but anti-Lowe obsessives continue to make it difficult.

. It would be good for fans to be able to talk to RL, and we saw him doing just that at the pre-season friendly at Winchester, but anti-Lowe obsessives continue to make it difficult.

Lowe not turning up at the forum makes its difficult......wouldnt you say proffessor?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lowe not turning up at the forum makes its difficult......wouldnt you say proffessor?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are obviouly under the impression that Radio Solent's forum is a unique occasion for the fans to meet club officials. It isn't. Neither should we expect Lowe to cancel a pre-arranged businesss trip when his attendance is not necessary for the other directors to explain what the club is doing.

As I said in my post, RL was chatting to fans in a very friendly fashion at the Winchester friendly, but the point you seem to have missed is that no one is going to attend an event just to be insulted by some mindless obsessives.

So, NO. Its not at all difficult to encourage the chairman to meet the fans and to encourage genuine challenge, but only if people show that they can behave properly. Lowe must be sick and tired of the ignorance shown by a small group of fans.

As I said in my post, RL was chatting to fans in a very friendly fashion at the Winchester friendly, but the point you seem to have missed is that no one is going to attend an event just to be insulted by some mindless obsessives.

So, NO. Its not at all difficult to encourage the chairman to meet the fans and to encourage genuine challenge, but only if people show that they can behave properly. Lowe must be sick and tired of the ignorance shown by a small group of fans.

One can only assume that you have never been to a Radio Solent fans forum, nor a Supporters Group Meeting at the Club, because in recent years they have been nothing like you claim them to be.

In fact, it would appear to be that your ignorance and obsessiveness is being clearly demonstrated here!!!!!!!!!

Neither should we expect Lowe to cancel a pre-arranged businesss trip when his attendance is not necessary for the other directors to explain what the club is doing.

QUOTE]

I guess it really depends on how important SFC (plc) is in Lowe's mind. He's had several weeks, if not months, to re-arrange his 'prior business committment' but doesn't seemed to have been able to do a relatively simple task. Strange don't you think.

Problem is Wes, that as long as people imply dishonesty without evidence (prior arranged busness trip was 'convenient') and insult his colleagues ('cronies') why should RL submit himself in any arena where is likely to face mindless insults? If fans want to establish communications with the chairman, there needs to a guarantee that debate will be polite and questions will be sensible. Asking a controlling shareholder what price they will accept for their shares simply displays ignorance of business. It also makes an assumption that RL wants to end his 13 year relationship with SFC, when there is no evidence to support such an assumption. It would be good for fans to be able to talk to RL, and we saw him doing just that at the pre-season friendly at Winchester, but anti-Lowe obsessives continue to make it difficult.

Everything I said was perfectly reasonable and based on what Lowe himself had indicated. At the time of his ousting by Wilde, he had stated that he wanted to sell his shares and leave the club, but there was a proviso that his cronies would receive an offer at the same price for their shares too. I call them his cronies because they are the people who colluded to bring him in to the club at the time of the reverse takeover, they having benefitted financially in the process. They have continued to collude with him by allying their shares to his poxy 6% to keep him and them in positions of power or influence, so I think that calling them his cronies is perfectly apt.

Asking him what price he would consider acceptable for his shares would be a little mischievous, but is just the other side of the coin where he used to tell the World that if anybody put up £25 million he would move aside as Chairman. Presumably that figure has gone quite some way South currently.

You ask why Lowe should submit himself to questioning by the fans? Well, first off, its a tradition with precedent. You might think that the only way ought to be via a friendly chat at a pre-season friendly, but that is for toadies and if you knew Lowe at all, you'd realise that if the questioning was critical of him, he's soon refuse to answer. As Um says, you obviously know nothing of the Solent Forums. They are generally well ordered environments, but the essence of them is that they are a platform for fans to ask questions of the people running the club under the jurisdiction of an independent chairman, the Radio Solent journalist. Somehow, you ignore the other side of that coin, that Lowe is able to argue his side of things too. Or don't you believe that he would mount a capable defence?

Everything I said was perfectly reasonable

Do you really think it a reasonable question to ask how much he would expect for his shares? Do you really think you would get an answer? Sounds more like you just want him to not answer so you can continue to attack him?

Do you really think it a reasonable question to ask how much he would expect for his shares? Do you really think you would get an answer? Sounds more like you just want him to not answer so you can continue to attack him?

I did say that it would have been mischievous and mitigated it with the comparison of how historically he had been quite free to broadcast that £25 million would have been enough for him to vacate his chairmanship. Perhaps the more pertinent question now would be to remind him of that and ask how much it would take now.

I did say that it would have been mischievous and mitigated it with the comparison of how historically he had been quite free to broadcast that £25 million would have been enough for him to vacate his chairmanship. Perhaps the more pertinent question now would be to remind him of that and ask how much it would take now.

Given there have been more false dawns on the takeover front that at a vicar of dibley convention I don't see the point of keeping that wound open at the moment, all it does it distract from the matter in hand, as the previous boards found to their (and our) cost.

Lowe isnt attending but Cowan is. Lowe had an international commitment with one of this other businesses apparantly.

How convenient.

Is Wilde carrying his bags for him,or is he subject to a gagging order ?

He is going fishing in Canada (think it's pleasure as opposed to business).

And Wilde ? Holding Ruperts rod for him,or is that just a rumour ?

And Canada ? Cue the 'Canadian takeover' [vol 73] threads.

How convenient.

Is Wilde carrying his bags for him,or is he subject to a gagging order ?

And Wilde ? Holding Ruperts rod for him,or is that just a rumour ?

And Canada ? Cue the 'Canadian takeover' [vol 73] threads.

Under UK law a person is "tax resident" if that person visits the country for 183 days or more in the tax year or for 91 days or more on average in any four consecutive tax years.

So Mike Wilde is only allowed 91 days in the coutry before he is taxed like the rest of us. Is this the reason why Mike Wilde will not carry out such a reasonable request?

While the endless debate about Rupert Lowe goes round in circles, and is obviously of all-consuming interest to some, I personally don't give a rat's arse right now.

So back to what this thread was supposed to be about

- I'd like to know whether Arsenal had any role in the transfer of Schneiderlin from Strasbourg and whether they have been given any guaranteed option to buy in the future

- and for how long is Andrew Davies likely to be out?

I remember the days when the solent forum was there to discuss the forthcoming season from a footballing perspective. Interestingly there are nearly no questions around our team, training methods, opinions on strengths / weaknesses, forthcoming transfers (if any) etc but no they all seem to be about lowe / wilde which quite frankly is of little interest because they are here to stay whether we like it or not.

Maybe thats why lowe doesnt want to attend so that this forum is focussed on football for a change. Maybe they should change the name to the solent football forum

what happens if they sell 22k tickets and then get 4k walk ups on match days' date=' where do the stewards etc come from[/quote']

I would guess that if advanced sales made it look like there would not be enough space for walk ups they would put wheels in motion to open the corners. Its not rocket science.

While the endless debate about Rupert Lowe goes round in circles, and is obviously of all-consuming interest to some, I personally don't give a rat's arse right now.

- I'd like to know whether Arsenal had any role in the transfer of Schneiderlin from Strasbourg and whether they have been given any guaranteed option to buy in the future

Thats a very interesting question that I would really like to hear an answer to

I would guess that if advanced sales made it look like there would not be enough space for walk ups they would put wheels in motion to open the corners. Its not rocket science.

agreed would just be interested to know what the cut off figure is , do we need to sale 20k or 24k up front.

Really good question. Wouldn`t expect a straight answer though.

Wenger still associated with Strasbourg. Very interesting, maybe even a few more and a couple of loans from the Arse or not.

Q. If we have a good start, will the board actually invest some of their own money for a change? or find new ways of penny pinching?

Q. Will the club try and encourage larger away following like they used to? ie subsidised travel? where other clubs give over 5k for away fans?

Q. If we have a good start, will the board actually invest some of their own money for a change? or find new ways of penny pinching?

Q. Will the club try and encourage larger away following like they used to? ie subsidised travel? where other clubs give over 5k for away fans?

Answering your questions would be easy from a fans perspective.

How much have any of them actually put in so far? What has changed to make them feel that they ought to put in anything now?

They are currently in penny pinching mode big time. So not a chance in hell that away fans will be subsidised. Why, they've withdrawn the subidy for home fans' travel, so hardly likely to subsidise away fans, are they?

1. Under the new arrangements where the younger players train with the first team players, do we actually have a first team squad any more?

2. Does the board have a view as to how large the playing force should be?

3. In relation to the club's Official Website, setting aside issues of presentation, there are questions about accuracy and out-of-date information. Do the board accept these criticisms, and if so are there any have plans to address them?

Q: Would significant investment in the club at this juncture now be paradoxically unwelcome given the 'silver lining' that the lack of investment has had on accelerating the integration of our academy players into the first team?

Seeing as the investment question has been covered already, I would ask: "Are we planning to use the loan system to bring in competition in the full-back areas?" We are OKish at CB, CM we're well sorted for and CFs as it stands too. Not doing too badly for width with Dyer's new contract but full-backs worry me. Lloyd James was excellent V WHU but what if he has a dip in form or gets tired - does happen with young players - or gets injured? Moreover, I'm still not convinced at Surman at LB.

I see from the OS that tickets for the forum can now be picked up from Radio Solent reception desk. Is that the ones that have been pre-ordered and there isn't time to send them out before Thursday, or is it how I might have misunderstood it? I had read it that they had tickets still available and they could be collected by anybody turning up at Radio Solent until they were all gone. If that were the case, then if I recall correctly it would be the first time in my memory that all the tickets had not gone within a couple of days of them being touted.

If and when the Lowe Out protests reach the point of a boycott, and the said boycott impacts on club finances, should Rupert Lowe resign?

Yet another purile question that has not got a hope in hell of being answered.

If and when the Lowe Out protests reach the point of a boycott, and the said boycott impacts on club finances, should Rupert Lowe resign?

There may well be a whole tranch of smarter businessmen than Rupert Lowe, and maybe a good few with more knowledge of running a football club, but is there a single one of them who wants to take over at Southampton? So if RL were to get fed up with the antics of the anti-Lowe obsessives and he was to resign from the board, just who would be running the club? Michael Wilde - probably would resign as well. Maybe Mary Corbett? Or perhaps big Lawrie despite holding no shares and being just a little over the hill? Or maybe the administrators put in by the bank to sell off the assets. Before asking a question it would pay to engage the brain.

Q. How quickly will he let Asturius Sport take over?

Hmm interesting. I'll let the usual suspects get digging.

Asturius Bridgend

Asturius Developments

Asturius Europe

Asturius Hospitality

Asturius Media

Asturius Sport

All limited companies, formed (or renamed) over the last couple of months.

All based at:

C/O CW FELLOWES LIMITED TEMPLARS HOUSE

LULWORTH CLOSE

CHANDLERS FORD

HAMPSHIRE

SO53 3TL

Fellowes rings a bell doesn't it?

Hmm interesting. I'll let the usual suspects get digging.

Asturius Bridgend

Asturius Developments

Asturius Europe

Asturius Hospitality

Asturius Media

Asturius Sport

All limited companies, formed (or renamed) over the last couple of months.

All based at:

C/O CW FELLOWES LIMITED TEMPLARS HOUSE

LULWORTH CLOSE

CHANDLERS FORD

HAMPSHIRE

SO53 3TL

Fellowes rings a bell doesn't it?

Looks like a job for Trousers.

Asturius Bridgend

Eh?

Why would someone setting up companies to take over SLH and its component parts have a division named after a welsh town??

(Bridgend was recently in the news for having the most suicides I think?)

Eh?

Why would someone setting up companies to take over SLH and its component parts have a division named after a welsh town??

(Bridgend was recently in the news for having the most suicides I think?)

Dunno, prior to June they were called PETRO MANDATE (BRIDGEND) LIMITED

Asturius Europe were PETRO MANDATE (UK SERVICES) LIMITED

Asturius Hospitality were PETRO MANDATE (HOSPITALITY) LIMITED

Asturius Sport were PETRO MANDATE (SPORT & LEISURE) LIMITED

Edited by Scummer

I see from the OS that tickets for the forum can now be picked up from Radio Solent reception desk. Is that the ones that have been pre-ordered and there isn't time to send them out before Thursday, or is it how I might have misunderstood it? I had read it that they had tickets still available and they could be collected by anybody turning up at Radio Solent until they were all gone. If that were the case, then if I recall correctly it would be the first time in my memory that all the tickets had not gone within a couple of days of them being touted.

For me its a total waste of time, it will just turn into more B****e ,lies deceit and spin...why bother ?