Good riddance Peggy

TopGun

I abolutely hate East Enders for numerous reasons but I really abhor the character Peggy Mitchell so I'm very glad she is leaving the show.

My next aim is to remove the show entirely from the BBC as I don't see why the cost of producing such utter tripe should be funded by the licence payer. It should be financed by advertising and therefore on a commercial channel such as ITV.

And before a mod puts this into the Arts section, there is a very good reason why I did not put it there myself!

Don't get so exercised about it, darlin'. If you don't like it, don't watch it :)

I don't like Top Gear or I'm a Z List Celebrity type shows, so I don't watch them. But some people like them.

However, I'll agree with you about Barbara Windsor. How that woman has ever managed to keep working as an 'actress' astounds me. She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Don't get so exercised about it, darlin'. If you don't like it, don't watch it :)

I don't like Top Gear or I'm a Z List Celebrity type shows, so I don't watch them. But some people like them.

However, I'll agree with you about Barbara Windsor. How that woman has ever managed to keep working as an 'actress' astounds me. She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Oi shut it will yer, she's family

Ah, but Top Gear makes a lot of money from overseas sales and is produced independently so less draw down on licence payers. EE is financed solely by the BBC and makes bugger all from foreign sales. That's the difference!

I abolutely hate East Enders for numerous reasons but I really abhor the character Peggy Mitchell so I'm very glad she is leaving the show.

My next aim is to remove the show entirely from the BBC as I don't see why the cost of producing such utter tripe should be funded by the licence payer. It should be financed by advertising and therefore on a commercial channel such as ITV.

And before a mod puts this into the Arts section, there is a very good reason why I did not put it there myself!

Completely agree with your first 8 words, that’s why I do not watch it and have no opinion on any particular character. You obviously torture yourself by watching it. Whilst I detest the programme I understand that several million licence payers do enjoy it and I am sure they do not believe it is a waste of money. Each to his own, use the off button or choose one of the other channels you have access to.

Ah, but Top Gear makes a lot of money from overseas sales and is produced independently so less draw down on licence payers. EE is financed solely by the BBC and makes bugger all from foreign sales. That's the difference!

Fair point. But think of the cost of that licence fee and what it enables us to watch. For every bad programme, there are loads of brilliant ones (recently - Sherlock, all the nature programmes, much of the very good drama etc. etc.)

Compare that licence fee to the cost of having Sky. Sky buys in all its (mainly crap) programmes and invests nothing in making stuff itself.

Fair point. But think of the cost of that licence fee and what it enables us to watch. For every bad programme, there are loads of brilliant ones (recently - Sherlock, all the nature programmes, much of the very good drama etc. etc.)

Compare that licence fee to the cost of having Sky. Sky buys in all its (mainly crap) programmes and invests nothing in making stuff itself.

Maybe there should be a red button sign in/sign out for programmes on the BBC so that the TV element of your BBC licence cost is measured on what you watch. I'd be happy with that.

Maybe there should be a red button sign in/sign out for programmes on the BBC so that the TV element of your BBC licence cost is measured on what you watch. I'd be happy with that.

You'd have to include ITV and other free to watch channels in your measurement. I reckon my button would show around 90% BBC viewing. I bloody hate adverts and dumb commercial TV.

what ferks me off is that the people who watch these soaps(mainly women to be fair) moan about the amount of football on BBC & ITV yet I'm sure if you added up the amount of hours dedicated to both it would be at least 75% soaps!

Copy and paste, e-mail the above to wife, I rest my case.