PS3 PlayTV

Marsdinho

Doesn't it only work on terrestrial-digital TV tho? Ie you can't feed your sky box into it.

It's essentially a Freeview box, so yes.

I'm still interested in it though, especially bearing in mind my Freeview box seems to be on the way out...

Yeah, it is essentially a freeview box, but....

"Unlike any other video recorders, the PlayTV supports PSP remote play. With this astonishing feature, users are able to control the PlayTV device and watch TV wherever there's a WiFi connection. The catch though is that you need to keep your PS3 turned on and connected to the Internet for you to access these live TV broadcasts or recordings in your PSP while away from home."

Yeah, it is essentially a freeview box, but....

"Unlike any other video recorders, the PlayTV supports PSP remote play. With this astonishing feature, users are able to control the PlayTV device and watch TV wherever there's a WiFi connection. The catch though is that you need to keep your PS3 turned on and connected to the Internet for you to access these live TV broadcasts or recordings in your PSP while away from home."

True, but I've got access to a Slingbox via my phone, so I don't need that feature!

I did download the PlayTV demo to see what the interface was like and it seemed quite good, so when my FV box does give up the ghost I think PTV will be the way forward for me.

Or if you have a dreambox you can do that anyway with the VLC player for PSP, and then I can watch my sky and over 3000 other channels and i dont need my ps3 left on. :D

Care to expand on this post....I have a PSP, PS3 and SKY. What is a Dreambox and what do I need to do to get the 3000 channels myself..???