Trust Membership

70's Mike

I know it is fashionable on here to deride them, but if more people joined and took an active part it would at least mean the club would need to take account of their views. Whether they (For that, read Rupert!) would ever take any notice is another question entirely.

For my part, I have rejoined as it at least gives me the moral high ground in any moaning session. Oh and I got a new membership card as well and get to drink in the upstairs at the King Alfred on matchdays.......

I know it is fashionable on here to deride them, but if more people joined and took an active part it would at least mean the club would need to take account of their views. Whether they (For that, read Rupert!) would ever take any notice is another question entirely.

It would be utterly negligent on the part of Lowe if he ever did pay attention to that ragtag band.

But what do they actually do. There is nothing in the link that says what they actually do, only what they aspire to do. For the first, and hopefully the only time in my life I am going to admit to being in agreement with Scooby:rolleyes:

I'm right behind you, in the 'ashamed to agree with Scooby' line :rolleyes:

The ST have done nothing other than put out the occasional pompus statement. Anybody with any power or responsiblity at St.Marys that takes notice of these amatures should be sacked.

But so long as they don't claim to represent the fans or anybody other than themselves, they can do what they wish and if people want to give their hard earned money away to them, that's their call.

Personally I'd rather give my money to a more deserving cause... Cancer Research, RSPCA, NSPCC, Oxfam etc etc

I was involved in the Trust in the early days and very much believe in the ethos of the Trust movement. I do not for one minute think they are in the slightest bit pompous and think that anyone who is trying to do something for the good of the club and the fanbase, even if you disagree with the way they are going about it, is unfair in the extreme.

That said, I shaln't be renewing, partly as I really need every penny I have to go towards a wedding and house move, and partly because I feel they have lost their way somewhat... or at least they are not communicating a clear message at present. They may feel they are, but I don't feel it's reaching me...

Some will say, quite rightly, that the way to help the Trust evolve is to get onboard and speak up... I can't argue with that view - indeed I fully endorse it - but I just don't have the time to do so at present and so I've reluctantly taken the decision to leave.

It would be utterly negligent on the part of Lowe if he ever did pay attention to that ragtag band.
if the takeover does not happen , then RL will go his own way and not be moved by any fan group.They have contributed in unsettling the fanbase and the club.

Saying that it is mainly well meaning hardworking Saints fans who want the best for the club.Sadly they are naive to believe a fan on the board is of use.

The powers that be (whoever) will only patronise and then od what they want to do for the best return.

I think Minty got it right...the idea is sound, the execution is not. Its a bit like being in a fog and knowing which place you want to get to, but can't see which route to take. Until there is a clear direction and strategy its not for me ! Headless chickens running in different directions is the way that I see them

You just as well set fire to a tenner for all the Trust clique do.Unless of course you think that paying £10 towards the occasional pompous statement is worth it of course.

Then again for a tenner maybe you are allowed to add a line to the pompous statement.........that might even explain why the statements are so pompous.

Is Chorley a Trust member ? That might explain why his "open letters" are so frigging long.

You just as well set fire to a tenner for all the Trust clique do.Unless of course you think that paying £10 towards the occasional pompous statement is worth it of course.

Then again for a tenner maybe you are allowed to add a line to the pompous statement.........that might even explain why the statements are so pompous.

Is Chorley a Trust member ? That might explain why his "open letters" are so frigging long.

the master of the "snipe from the sidelines whilst personally doing nothing except mock" speaks!

Oh and just in case his post hasn't rabble roused enough, why not throw in the name Chorley just to be really spiteful.

the master of the "snipe from the sidelines whilst personally doing nothing except mock" speaks!

Oh and just in case his post hasn't rabble roused enough, why not throw in the name Chorley just to be really spiteful.

I do do something I spend my money going to games and support the team.The Trust collect money and does nothing (oh hang on didnt they organise a quiz night once ? ). As for Chorley he "boycotts" games and issues absurd "open letters" and "organises" meetings that rarely happen.

I was involved in the Trust in the early days and very much believe in the ethos of the Trust movement. I do not for one minute think they are in the slightest bit pompous and think that anyone who is trying to do something for the good of the club and the fanbase, even if you disagree with the way they are going about it, is unfair in the extreme.

That said, I shaln't be renewing, partly as I really need every penny I have to go towards a wedding and house move, and partly because I feel they have lost their way somewhat... or at least they are not communicating a clear message at present. They may feel they are, but I don't feel it's reaching me...

Some will say, quite rightly, that the way to help the Trust evolve is to get onboard and speak up... I can't argue with that view - indeed I fully endorse it - but I just don't have the time to do so at present and so I've reluctantly taken the decision to leave.

I would hate to be your milkman.ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

When any group of fans is formed by anyone for whatever reason you always get the same ****ish nobheads who do nothing but criticise and take the ****.

There is a fair chance that we will get relegated this season and go into administration next, a trust might actually be more and more important - depending on how far down the leagues we go.

When any group of fans is formed by anyone for whatever reason you always get the same ****ish nobheads who do nothing but criticise and take the ****.

There is a fair chance that we will get relegated this season and go into administration next, a trust might actually be more and more important - depending on how far down the leagues we go.

Of course we will take the ****.They are a small cliquey minority who formed with a great fanfare and have acheived absolutely nothing.They couldnt even keep thier website up to date.

Anyway they had only one agenda and that was to get one of thier clique as a "fan on the board".

Concern about the S T is that it can allow active members with time on their hands to run the operation in a way that bolsters self importance. You can lose more than your money by subscribing to organisations that then use your membership as part of a numbers game to claim that as a member you support the opinions of the Trust leadership.

All those self-righteous mocking critics should put their money where their mouths are and join up and change it.

Minty at least puts a case for not renewing.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with those running the Trust, but to snipe at it in such a puerile fashion shows a certain amount of moral bankruptcy.

All those self-righteous mocking critics should put their money where their mouths are and join up and change it.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with those running the Trust, but to snipe at it in such a puerile fashion shows a certain amount of moral bankruptcy.

Why would I spend £10 on a small cliquey group that does not do anything ?

This forum (which incidently I have paid £5 towards) achieves more than any mickey mouse fans group does because it has a large amount of contributers and a vast array of genuinely differing opinions.

Tbf, I too wouldn't want Gump Pahars and his gang to get anywhere near the decision making at SFC... but I am willing to put a tenner towards Minty's wedding. Or a Steve Grant haircut. :)

Can you imagine Bum Pahars (hey its as witty as Moanji !) as the fan on the board.Gawd help us !

Mike Wilde killed the Trust at the time it was formed. He led the Trusts board along with the carrot of a "fan on the board" and used the Trust as a PR vehicle in the build up to the EGM in much the same way as he made use of Keith Legg/SaintsForever. By accepting Mike Wildes token gesture proxy (a proxy that a member of the Trusts board suggested would be withdrawn prior to any voting) the Trusts board made a massive mistake. From there on in the Trust wasn't seen as a voice of the fans, but as a focus group that blindly supported Mike Wilde (rightly or wrongly). At the time the popular opinion was in favour of Wilde, but the scant regard for independence was always going to be risky and the opposite divide of the fanbase (Manji etc) were lost forever.

Be fair, Hugh, some people don't see the ST as having any relevance so why bother with it?

Mike Wilde killed the Trust at the time it was formed. He led the Trusts board along with the carrot of a "fan on the board" and used the Trust as a PR vehicle in the build up to the EGM in much the same way as he made use of Keith Legg/SaintsForever. By accepting Mike Wildes token gesture proxy (a proxy that a member of the Trusts board suggested would be withdrawn prior to any voting) the Trusts board made a massive mistake. From there on in the Trust wasn't seen as a voice of the fans, but as a focus group that blindly supported Mike Wilde (rightly or wrongly). At the time the popular opinion was in favour of Wilde, but the scant regard for independence was always going to be risky and the opposite divide of the fanbase (Manji etc) were lost forever.

That was the time when it could have become a force to be reckoned with. It should have kept on recruiting and buying shares. It would have ended up with a strong independent voice. Instead it was content to cling on to Mike Wilde's coat tails and consequently lost the respect of a lot of supporters. I fear it's too late for the trust now.

Be fair, Hugh, some people don't see the ST as having any relevance so why bother with it?

That is fine and a perfectly valid view. I just don't agree with it.

What I do object to are the puerile, snide posts deriding the personalities involved in the Trust. Just typical of the sort of attitude that has affected this board like a cancer over the last year or so.

Rant over, ..... and breathe.

Back to football.

Can you imagine Bum Pahars (hey its as witty as Moanji !) as the fan on the board.Gawd help us !

Tbf, I too wouldn't want Gump Pahars and his gang to get anywhere near the decision making at SFC... but I am willing to put a tenner towards Minty's wedding. Or a Steve Grant haircut. :)

Do you lot ever read this board. UP and Granty have had nothing to do with the trust for months now.

This is one of the reasons that shows you lot up to being arrogant tossers.

Why, why, why would anyone join up to 'change' it?

Do you agree with the BNP, if not, can I assume you are a member of them and actively trying to change them?

Or maybe as you do not agree with their principles do you decide you do not want your name associated with the organisation.

I am sick of all the mugs who 'represent' the Saints Trust.

WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE???? ( Apart from release the odd statement and have a quiz night ( lol )

Do you agree with the BNP, if not, can I assume you are a member of them and actively trying to change them?

Or maybe as you do not agree with their principles do you decide you do not want your name associated with the organisation.

WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE???? ( Apart from release the odd statement and have a quiz night ( lol )

What the f*ck are you doing here???? thought you'd be at cardiff, you've let me and the team down russell.

What the f*ck are you doing here???? thought you'd be at cardiff, you've let me and the team down russell.

Just got back from holiday about 1 hour ago Kippy, sorry. :-( Away on holiday again on Monday, so gotta miss this one. Rock and Roll.

Ohhhh, can someone also provide me with a link or confirm whether this site is a profit making one as Baj didn't answer me on B-anter.

Are you saying then, that if I sign up and pay my tenner, I have the control and power to change the direction of the ST and change the way the ST operates?

I've put my case for not giving them my money, I believe the ST is arrogant and achieves little more than making Saints fans look bad.

I think the fact that some of the key people behind the ST when it started now have nothing to do with it speaks volumes. Incidentally, those who have left are the ones I have the most respect for. Not because they left the ST, but just the way they put their opinions across.

I don't believe anyone involved with the Trust, now or in the past, is an arrogant tosser... frankly, only the likes of you Stu, who berate anyone for daring to disagree, and having a complete lack of respect for others, is a tosser IMO.

Your BNP comparison is laughable. The BNP have a clear manifesto, so anyone knows their general beliefs and gets involved because of that. The Trust has never had a clear goal, IMO, and that is part of the problem, but it is true that if fans care enough, then they can get involved and influence it's direction.

I will gladly admit that I am something of a hypocrite because I don't feel that are clear enough in their aims at present, but just do not have the time or energy to get involved. Constructive criticism based on their actions is one thing, but your sweeping criticism of those who are involved, seemingly just because they are involved, is grossly unfair IMO.

Just got back from holiday about 1 hour ago Kippy, sorry. :-( Away on holiday again on Monday, so gotta miss this one. Rock and Roll.

Ohhhh, can someone also provide me with a link or confirm whether this site is a profit making one as Baj didn't answer me on B-anter.

Makes no difference if its not because the money could still roll even if its not,why?

Because Richard Branson formed mates condoms a few years back as a non profit company,when it was sold a couple of years later he pocketed every penny of the sale price.;)

Why Saintsweb? "Baj and Granty's pension fund" has a better ring to it.

Edited by AwaySaint1

I don't believe anyone involved with the Trust, now or in the past, is an arrogant tosser... frankly, only the likes of you Stu, who berate anyone for daring to disagree, and having a complete lack of respect for others, is a tosser IMO.

Your BNP comparison is laughable. The BNP have a clear manifesto, so anyone knows their general beliefs and gets involved because of that. The Trust has never had a clear goal, IMO, and that is part of the problem, but it is true that if fans care enough, then they can get involved and influence it's direction.

I will gladly admit that I am something of a hypocrite because I don't feel that are clear enough in their aims at present, but just do not have the time or energy to get involved. Constructive criticism based on their actions is one thing, but your sweeping criticism of those who are involved, seemingly just because they are involved, is grossly unfair IMO.

No Minty, I will stand by my ground that the vast majority of people who have been involved in ST, TSA and all the other cr*p are arrogant tossers who do it completely for themselves.

Are you telling me that the ST don't have a clear manifesto? As in to get a seat on the board?

I am completely fed up of hearing the ' why don't you put your money up and join or shut up' line, it is soooo tedious it's unreal. Can you not understand that if people do not agree with an organisation then the last thing they are going to do is pay money and join it?

I DO NOT WANT A FAN ON THE BOARD - So why the hell would I join the Saints Trust? Why would I donate money to something which I really cannot stand? Tell me WHAT the people who get involved in these schemes have actually contributed?

Ted Bates Trust - Raised some money and because of their own ego's wanting them to have an exclusive say in the statue, they wasted peoples donations.

TSA - What did they ever actually achieve apart from selling a few caps and t-shirts?

SISA - As much as I like the blokes who set it up and agree with their principles, what membership do they hold and who do they represent?

Saints Trust - Apart from a couple of quiz nights and race meetings, what exactly has it achieved? I notice there are still complete lies about their memberships on their website. 838 paid up members.... are you sure? Can you prove that? Have 838 people paid you money to be a member?

Now it is no coincidence that the same people seem to be getting involved in each of these organisations and f*cking up every one.

No Minty, I will stand by my ground that the vast majority of people who have been involved in ST, TSA and all the other cr*p are arrogant tossers who do it completely for themselves.

So be it,. although I've yet to see any case for that to be made other than individual opinion.

Are you telling me that the ST don't have a clear manifesto? As in to get a seat on the board?

Beyond that, I'm not sure at present, hence my personal reservations about renewing.

I am completely fed up of hearing the ' why don't you put your money up and join or shut up' line, it is soooo tedious it's unreal. Can you not understand that if people do not agree with an organisation then the last thing they are going to do is pay money and join it?

The difference being that often in life there are other movements or organisations to join who can fulfil similar roles. With Saints there is no other option. The Trust is about as near as any of us will come to having any say in the way the club is run. I realise that at present, with the Trust in it's current state, we are a LONG way from having a say, but ultimately, it is the only potential vehicle for that to happen IMO.

I DO NOT WANT A FAN ON THE BOARD - So why the hell would I join the Saints Trust?

Fair enough Stu... my main point was your complete lack of respect for people getting off their arses for a cause they DO believe in. The relevent phrase here is possibly: "I disagree with what you say but, I would defend to the death, your right to say it." Forget who by, but hopefully you see my point. I have a lot of respect for anyone who gets up and does something about something they believe in, (as long as it is lawful, before someone throws a weird example at me).

Ted Bates Trust - Raised some money and because of their own ego's wanting them to have an exclusive say in the statue, they wasted peoples donations.

Mistakes were made, but i'd like your evidence behind the accusation about egos.

TSA - What did they ever actually achieve apart from selling a few caps and t-shirts?

Not a huge amount. I was part of it, and I fully accept that it did not succeed, but I'll be damned if i'll take criticism for making an effort.

SISA - As much as I like the blokes who set it up and agree with their principles, what membership do they hold and who do they represent?

Can't answer that as i've never been involved.

Saints Trust - Apart from a couple of quiz nights and race meetings, what exactly has it achieved? I notice there are still complete lies about their memberships on their website. 838 paid up members.... are you sure? Can you prove that? Have 838 people paid you money to be a member?

Again, not part of it so can't give specific answers, and i've given my reasoning for not renewing, however I still have yet to see any credible reason for labelling those involved as arrogant tossers, or whatever you call them.

Now it is no coincidence that the same people seem to be getting involved in each of these organisations and f*cking up every one.

While I think you're being OTT once again, I have no doubt that anyone who has been involved in any of those organisations will be honest about the success or otherwise of them, and will have learnt a lot along the way. I am 100% certain that all of them have only done so because they care about the club, and given the amount of sh!t that tends to fly your way if you dare to try and do anything like this, I don't think anyone does it for the reasons you suggest.

Personally speaking, I live by the mantra 'The only failure is never to try.' That's actually a lyric from a song by a band I am currently listening to however it sums things up nicely for me. I'd rather give something a go and fail, than never try.

The one other thing I've learnt over the years is that to try and do ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING for the benefit of fellow Saints fans is ALWAYS destined to lead to abuse and condemnation, usually within seconds of the fanbase hearing of your efforts. As a result, I personally doubt that ANY new fan movement will be a success because too many fans are content only to whinge and expect others to do something. I hope to be proved wrong.

At the end of the day Stu, you are of course perfectly entitled to your opinion and if you don't wish to join any fan movement then good for you. However, your constant negative commentary on anyone elses efforts wears very thin for me... it's not even constructive, which I could accept. It almost feels like you are attracted to threads about SISA or the Trust etc, just to remind everyone of your opinion, and never with anything new.