Why is the forum running at a crawl?

Saint_clark

Basically, in a nutshell, the latest version of the website software added a lot of features, which also added a lot of weight to the server. Me and steve have already drawn up a checklist of things we are going to go through to speed things up, mostly technical stuff, but all require doing during a "quiet" period... which we are still waiting for...

Basically, in a nutshell, the latest version of the website software added a lot of features, which also added a lot of weight to the server. Me and steve have already drawn up a checklist of things we are going to go through to speed things up, mostly technical stuff, but all require doing during a "quiet" period... which we are still waiting for...

Thanks for the explanation, Admins, I apologised to the PC for giving it a bloody good kicking.

So this is something I can definitely blame Cortese for? :o :lol:

I'll just add that "busy" is probably a fairly subjective term, but in terms of number of people online, at one stage this lunchtime there were nearly 900 users on the forum simultaneously, so I'd argue that it was pretty busy, considering the record on the older version is just over 1000.

However much i appreciated the effort that goes into running this site,i am appalled.

I am now a paying customer and you are providing a service.

I have worked in the service industry at a substantially high level,if i do not provide that service then i expect critisim and the customer deserves an apology and assurances improvements will be made.

Unfortunately for sometime now the service you provide is falling short.

Matchday is going to be busy,so please make provision for the sevice to be available.

Cut out the 'blogs' the supposed 'improvements' and all the add-ons,supply what most come here for,a sustainable football forum on matchdays.

This site is brilliant in the main,supplying informative,highly enjoyable and entertaining times,yet cannot deliver what it is here to do..supply a lifeline for football fans to remain updated and post comments during a matchday without interuption to that sevice.

By charging you have obligations.

Please start to meet those obligations.

Regards.