Is this genuine?

Viking Warrior

I hae been sent the following by a female friend

Is it a fake or is this really happening?

Sad, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant carseat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

>

> "There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

>

> "There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a carseat by the road...with a fake baby in

> it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this carseat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 9-9-9

> AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

>

> "IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED

> WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFO RM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.

Well the people that sent are all in the medical profession. and Im not talking secreatries or cleaners but surgeons and highly qualified ITU nurses

In which case it is fake. People like that are rather dim when it comes to this sort of thing. For example when I was working on a helpdesk a chief surgeon consultant phoned up and said he could not log in and he had an error message on screen.The error said press CTL-ALT-DEL and this guy is going to perform surgery on people......

I heard that these gangs don't just operate next to woodland areas and fields, but are now active in urban settings as well. The advice is now to not stop anywhere, including traffic lights and zebra crossings because you might get r aped.

Ha, you say that, but in some areas of south africa people don't stop at traffic lights due to the risk, cross roads are just a free for all!

Although it is good advice this is in fact fake (or at least a re-has of old stories). how can you tell?. Well they sent it to you in CAPS. Sure fire way of knowing if something is fake or just a re-hash of a story from yesteryear

I heard that saying that because something is in CAPS shows it is fake is actually an urban legend.

In which case it is fake. People like that are rather dim when it comes to this sort of thing. For example when I was working on a helpdesk a chief surgeon consultant phoned up and said he could not log in and he had an error message on screen.The error said press CTL-ALT-DEL and this guy is going to perform surgery on people......

A comparison for your consideration:

Can an IT helpdesk technician perform brain surgery?