What Wii games to buy ?

Dog

I am getting a Wii for my son who will be 7 at the end of the month, but I am really struggling to know what games to get him, other than Mario Kart which he would like.

Help required please.

Also, what games would his old man enjoy playing when he's gone to bed ?

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 = both ace.

Super Smash Bros Brawl = very "Nintendo" fighting game which is entirely unconcerned with quarter circles and the like

Mario Party games are very good for kids. Lots of little 80s style mini-games underpinned by a board game structure. If you can get a few GameCube pads and get the older games, you're onto a winner there.

Mario Kart is cool as well, although the split-screen is not great.

Boom Blox = really cheap game which probably makes the best use of the Wii controller so far.

• 1 month later...
What Wii games to buy ?....................................buy? have you never heard of neogamma ? do people still BUY games?

Only pikeys don't pay for there video games, and be greatfull some of us are not pikeys as if we were not still paying for them nobody would be making them for you to pinch.

Getting down off the soap box. The games listed above are all excellent, I'm a big fan of the lego games and the Star Wars one in particular is excellent fun. I also wouldn't be without a Guitar Hero game of some sort as it's brilliant mindless fun, contrary to popular belief fps style games also work pretty well on the WII with Call of Duty and Medal of Honour both recieving pretty decent reviews. Finally I'd recomend the Metroid Prime games as all are brilliant and make great use of the WII control system.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in this position now, Mum and Dad got a red Wii with Donkey Kong preinstalled, New Super Mario Bros, and an extra controller that came with Wii Party bundled in. I'm looking for games we can dip in and out of, and preferably ones that have proper 1:1 motion control rather than predefined ''waggle left and the guy walks left a certain distance'' etc. Probs not the ultimate realism games, I have a 360 for that (and possibly access to PS3 for GT5 next week), nor too many party games though.

Mario Kart is on the way, and I'll check out all the games listed so far but any more suggestions very welcome.