AaB Aalborg in for Saga

Master Bates

However, Saganowski has emerged as a possible alternative target and the lure of Champions League football would be attractive for the Pole.

Yeah....good thinking Saga.....the mighty AaB Aalborg should keep you in European Football until at least September I'd have thought....

The CCC would be a better shop window.....think about it... (FFS)

Yeah....good thinking Saga.....the mighty AaB Aalborg should keep you in European Football until at least September I'd have thought....

if they beat FBK Kaunas then Saga will play in the Champions league group stages against some of the biggest teams in Europe for 6 games untill December

Well, they might not make it into the CL but they're already in the first round of the UEFA and the Danish league is not as bad as it used to be. Plus, since Rangers was kicked out by Kaunas that is Aab's opponent in the last Qualifying round. Chances are they will play in the Champions League and thus play at least untill December.

if they beat FBK Kaunas then Saga will play in the Champions league group stages against some of the biggest teams in Europe for 6 games untill December

Ah...good point....I'd assumed that there was a few more qualifying rounds to go....I've obviously lost track of how much they've dumbed down the once prestigious 'European Cup'...;)

In which case...."go for it Saga....the world is your lobster"

Sounds good from a wage bill perspective and the fact no one seems particulary interested in Rasiak or John. However dissapointing as he is player i actually quite like who may be able to do a job in the new system.

How much could we get for him - is £1mill optimistic?

How much could we get for him - is £1mill optimistic?

I would say very optimistic, remember that we are trying to offload some of our higher earners. He did quite well at Euro 2008 though which will be in his favour. If he starts playing regularly and scoring goals regularly I'm sure he will be worth quite a lot, however I can't see this happening because he doesn't seem to be part of Portvliet's plans at the moment

Ah...good point....I'd assumed that there was a few more qualifying rounds to go....I've obviously lost track of how much they've dumbed down the once prestigious 'European Cup'...;)

In which case...."go for it Saga....the world is your lobster"

In the "Old Style" European Cup the Danish Champions would have automatically qualified I think (or maybe after one round of qualification). Its a shame really, it used to be more fun when ever European country had a team in the groupstage. I was looking through the book I have on the 1995 European Cup and IFK Göteborg finished first in a group with Manu and Barca. Can you imagine that now?

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/sas-ligaen-2008-2009/saganowski-naesten-klar-aab

They mention its almost a done deal. I don't have a clue how reliable they are though.

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/sas-ligaen-2008-2009/saganowskis-agent-klapper-i

Here Saga's agent says Aalborg are an interesting team for Saga but doesn't want to say if they have had an offer from them or not. He does say that there are many clubs interested so I think its safe to say we won't see Saga back at Saints.

Edited by Saint Martini