Amnesty Amongst Posters

TijuanaTim

The vast majority of posters and readers here are huge Southampton Football Club supporters. We have suffered for quite a while now and there has been a lot of tough times and difficulties to overcome...we don't need to list them and relive frustration, disappointment and negativity. (I am as bad as anyone)

Right, we have a new gaffer, our finances seem secure, there are some decent players in place, a great stadium and most of all YOU lot and your magnificent support in numbers and passion.

Let's build on this, let's build on a positive rebirth. Be patient with the new boss, tolerant of our fellow fans and display understanding of other Saints viewpoints. If we feel forced or obliged to show hatred or negativity then we should channel it towards opponents, rivals especially pompee ;-) and not our own, not matter how much they get up your nose.

Come on everyone, we can do this, we can make this more pleasurable, positive, fun and exciting....Take a breath before reacting, try to think where that poster is coming from and let's have some fun, funny and invigorating dialogue...it doesn't mean we don't disagree...just do it in a more constructive fashion.

Under the right circumstances there is nothing better than being a Saints fan. Thank you for tolerating this post, really hope it doesn't seem too much like surmonizing,

In light of the link you posted Tim is there any update on how Ron is doing?

Hi Mate...thanks for asking! 'Europe's greatest centre forward' is doing very well in his little place down New Mexico way. Him and his two companion pets are enjoying the end of a beautiful, warm Albuquerque summer. His health is good, his car has given him a new lease of independence and he is content. I speak to him about every other day, there is not one call that passes without him mentioning his love and gratitude to Saints fans (not the club, but you lot!!). As our friendship has grown over the years he has opened up more. Ron was very protective of his inner feelings towards Saints and many other things. He is a proud man that has been burned before, yet as the layers of the onion have peeled back his appreciation of the people of Southmpton has become very prominent.

For any to young to know, Ron truly was magnificent. IMHO at one time, maybe one of three most effective players on the planet.

Great first post!! It reminded me just how bruised and battered I am (As we all are) following the turmoil of the last few years. It seems to have lasted forever!

Then the post about Ron brought me quickly back to remembering just how great is was to be a Saints fan until a few years ago. I truly hope that this is the rebirth of times like we had in the past.

The vast majority of posters and readers here are huge Southampton Football Club supporters. We have suffered for quite a while now and there has been a lot of tough times and difficulties to overcome...we don't need to list them and relive frustration, disappointment and negativity. (I am as bad as anyone)

Right, we have a new gaffer, our finances seem secure, there are some decent players in place, a great stadium and most of all YOU lot and your magnificent support in numbers and passion.

Let's build on this, let's build on a positive rebirth. Be patient with the new boss, tolerant of our fellow fans and display understanding of other Saints viewpoints. If we feel forced or obliged to show hatred or negativity then we should channel it towards opponents, rivals especially pompee ;-) and not our own, not matter how much they get up your nose.

Come on everyone, we can do this, we can make this more pleasurable, positive, fun and exciting....Take a breath before reacting, try to think where that poster is coming from and let's have some fun, funny and invigorating dialogue...it doesn't mean we don't disagree...just do it in a more constructive fashion.

Under the right circumstances there is nothing better than being a Saints fan. Thank you for tolerating this post, really hope it doesn't seem too much like surmonizing,

How dare you come on here trying to be all Happy Clappy and looking forward to the future.

It's alright for you out there in the land of Katie Perry songs, but in the real world do you have ANY idea what it means when you have turned over every possible New Leaf and still found a pile of sh*t.

Nah was just thinking of a few on here. I think you may be right, the mood is slowly changing, a lot of went from under to simply whelmed with NA's appointment but have slowly seen heard the man and sit here now thinking maybe, just maybe we did something right for once.

Guess we'll be back to normal in a couple of hours, 'twas nice to dream though

The exact same was said 12months ago, i'm betting it will be the same in 12months time

Blimey! I thought your patinence had run off out the door three matches into the season? who are you? and what have you done with the real Tim;)

Wish we could clone Big Ron...

Glad to hear he is doing well..

Saints will come back good.....I see the light at the end of the tunnel..........

Bloooooooody loooong tunnel and I am loooking through a very good set of binns...

Still can't see the USA flag when I look up at that there moon...

Come on you Saints..

Best wishes to Ron Davies.....Good on yer Tim and your better half..

WIFM

• 2 weeks later...
Rollin', rollin', rollin'...Two encouraging goals for Ricky, three more points, a clean sheet, massive home gate and support and a fine win against our upstart rivals. Keep the good vibe going!!

encouraging ? two dubious penalties that in the cold light of day the ref / lino will be having sleepless nights about......and a "massive " home gate....mmmm I wonder why ?

How can two penalties be " encouraging" ? encouraging for what/ whom / where / when

answers on a postcard please

encouraging ? two dubious penalties that in the cold light of day the ref / lino will be having sleepless nights about......and a "massive " home gate....mmmm I wonder why ?

How can two penalties be " encouraging" ? encouraging for what/ whom / where / when

Bless, still trying to get somebody to hate you. X X X X

Look your team lost, get over it and go away back to your board. You have another chance later on

this season. Every team in the World moans about penalties awarded against them but you have to

just grow up and act like an adult and accept it. Acting like a twelve year old, as you appear to be,

doesn't work so as I said go away.

And you lot wonder why we humour you?

Pathetic club, pathetic fans, pathetic manager, pathetic excuses.

Go rattle some buckets .....

You must be feeling sick, losing your cup final to two dubious goals ??

Lol, it'll be ok, i expect you will be able to drum up 5-6k of fans at your place that either couldn't get tickets in the away end or aren't having thier hair permed.

You have made a decent start to the season, let the big boys take over now though mate ;) i am sure we will wave at you on the way past. I do hope you stay up though, i have always quite liked plucky old Bournemouth.

Massive home gate? Try four times your average this season?

No wonder you need to pass the begging bowl round, you'll hardly pay for a round of drinks with your attendances....

AFC Bournemouth the only football club with the Big Issue as it's matchday programme...

Bought your ticket for the return leg? I hear theyre selling fast... pmsl...

Edited by Daren W

history lesson for you muppets

These were the days before half of you kiddo's were born

enjoy

Pmsl... Is that it? Your big moment? Thanks for posting yet another example of why you'll always be a small club with a chip on it's shoulder...

Tell you what, let all pass around the begging bowl for Ossie so he can post more than three times a day?

Have you bought the hottest ticket in Bournemouth yet (our visit next year if you hadn't guessed)? I heard they're going on sale extra early to give yoursleves plenty of time to jizz over them first.

Have you bought the hottest ticket in Bournemouth yet (our visit next year if you hadn't guessed)? I heard they're going on sale extra early to give yoursleves plenty of time to jizz over them first.

Don't laugh I hear they're selling tickets for the 2011/2012 season already....

Ossie

Your a knob, Im beginning to wonder if you are a bumfluff fan , should you not be on your own forum discussing

your forthcoming match build up[

Oh I forgot . tyou dont have aforum to debate sensible issues and if you had you no doubt having fallen out with the other poster on that forum. Its sad that you have to come on here, but if your social worker has prescribed you comming on to this forum for therapy

fair enough

• 2 weeks later...
A slight set-back, mind you those predicting any losses at the start of the season would have probably had Huddersfield away as a high possibility.

Onward and upward!!

What ****es me (and others) off though is the manner of the defeat. I went to the game with the thought that I wouldn't be ****ed off if we lost but ran them close, but we got it completely wrong and threw 3 points away, putting more pressure on this Saturday's game.