Football Manager 2011 **Demo Out Now**

Matthew Le God

Completely free 6 month demo of FM11. All features are available so is just like playing the full game.

I recommend getting the strawberry version, will take longer to download but is a lot better visually.

Hope you enjoy...

http://www.footballmanager.com/demo

What are the minimum specs for running the Football Manager 2010 demo on my system?

PC

OS - Windows XP/Vista/Windows7

Processor - XP - 1.4ghz or faster Vista/W7 - 2.0hgz or faster

Memory - XP-512MB Ram, Vista/W7 - 1GB Ram

Video Card - 128MB minimum. Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported.

Mac

Intel Processor, OS X 10.5, NVidia Geforce 7300 GT or greater

What’s the difference between the Strawberry and Vanilla Demos?

The Strawberry demo contains all the sounds, player pictures and logos within the game. Because of this additional content the file is larger and will take longer to download. The Vanilla demo is a stripped down version of the game, which runs exactly the same but is just a smaller download file.

What leagues can I run via the Demo?

In the demo you can only run 'quick start' games, which only run one league and a small database.

The demos include the following:

Vanilla

English language

England and Scotland quickstarts

Strawberry

All Euro Languages

England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina, Chile quickstarts

Edited by Matthew Le God

15k a week, not a chance! Anyone found a gem yet? Only been an hour i'm still getting to grips with it, though I will need a new skin for the game, the white background ruins my eyes

got Fabian Brandy on a free, seems like a good one for the future

Don't do it! :D

:lol:

On the SI forums you've put Assulin and Goncalves as ones to sign, but they don't show up when I search for them. Is this due to the quick load being on small database by default?

Also, who is this Alan Bailey kid and why is he rated so good in game?

:lol:

On the SI forums you've put Assulin and Goncalves as ones to sign, but they don't show up when I search for them. Is this due to the quick load being on small database by default?

Also, who is this Alan Bailey kid and why is he rated so good in game?

Bailey isn't real, he is a newgen. Everyone will have him on their game as the demo is a "quickstart", which basically is a savegame and everyone has the same savegame.

Guest flickjax
You can adjust your transfer budget.

Still doesn't compute with the current reality at Southampton. The game is too rigid on transfer budgets

Guest flickjax
If there is a player you really want but is outside your budget you can ask the board to do the deal for you. So not as rigid as you think...

Yes but if you have a pre-agreed fee the finances should be there to complete.

So, whose found the first bug?

I did, you can't cancel loan agreements, even when told to by your staff. Richardson is far too crap for this league. Loads of players get injured almost constantly. There is a manager sacked every week (atleast one). Half your team wants to leave 3 months into the season.

Apart from that its quite good.

If there is a player you really want but is outside your budget you can ask the board to do the deal for you. So not as rigid as you think...

It is far too rigid though, and you get a crappy wage and transfer budget considering where we are now, plus i didn't get any extra come january, and when you ask the board to finish the guly transfer they disagree.

No you can't, and if you did i would expect it massively dents the wage budget.

Select win the league as a board expectation

Goto boardroom > click edit budgets > you can slide it all the way up to £1.9m

Yes, it does impact on the wage budget(which is realistic), but still makes it possible to spend a lot more.

Select win the league as a board expectation

Goto boardroom > click edit budgets > you can slide it all the way up to £1.9m

Yes, it does impact on the wage budget(which is realistic), but still makes it possible to spend a lot more.

Whats the point of having 1.9mil but having no wages available ?? Who exactly are you going to sign for 1.9mil that will accept 1k a week ?

Whats the point of having 1.9mil but having no wages available ?? Who exactly are you going to sign for 1.9mil that will accept 1k a week ?

Have it at £1.4m then, you still have £13,000 per week wages to play with. Or 900k transfer budget with £23k wages to play with. Which is loads in League One!

Plus you can offload some of the crap in the squad to free up wages.

Remember season one budgets in FM are skewed because the clubs have already spent their budgets for the summer in real life.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Injuries are far too common, Barnard came back and was out again!

Was he fully fit when you starting playing him again? Did you give him reserve football to aid his recovery? If not match fit after returning from an injury then a player is more likely to get another injury. Alternatively it could just be a coincidence.

The game uses data from physioroom.com to reflect real life injury rates within professional football.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Was he fully fit when you starting playing him again? Did you give him reserve football to aid his recovery? If not match fit after returning from an injury then a player is more likely to get another injury. Alternatively it could just be a coincidence.

The game uses data from physioroom.com to reflect real life injury rates within professional football.

I don't even think he went back into a game he got injured in training again!

No i can agree i had an entire front line out, only to sign more forwards on loan and them to get injured aswell, at one point i was fielding youth players as my only forwards.

The amount of managers that get sacked is equally rediculous.