Member departures

Saint_clark

Due to a lot of people asking why certain posters have been banned recently, what would you think about a thread detailing exactly how long and why people have been banned?

Got the idea from another forum, here;

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/144876-Member-Departures

It would follow the same template of that thread.

Thoughts?

Due to a lot of people asking why certain posters have been banned recently, what would you think about a thread detailing exactly how long and why people have been banned?

Thoughts?

I think it is a great idea and i am in complete agreement with it.

Can i start ??

I got 3 infraction points for offering to start a petition on the whole removal of ST installmentsgate a little while back.

I actually PM'd a member of the admin team a couple of times asking why this was infractable and thought it was a tad harsh but never recieved a reply.

Can i start ??

I got 3 infraction points for offering to start a petition on the whole removal of ST installmentsgate a little while back.

I actually PM'd a member of the admin team a couple of times asking why this was infractable and thought it was a tad harsh but never recieved a reply.

As you haven't departed do you think it appropriate to be on a departed member thread? On the other point if you look at your profile the infractions tab should give you the detail on why you received 3 points.

Thoughts?

No brainer. Asked a few years back why it didn't happen. I'm a big fan of transparency.

Go for it

Can i start ??

'Exhibit A' m'lud

Personally I'm against this for several reasons:

Firstly, the reasons for a banning are dealt with by infractions, which are viewable by both the moderator/admin and the person being banned. So at the 1 to 1 level, we are already being completely transparent. A banned person knows exactly why they are banned.

Secondly, someone being banned is not a matter of democracy. There is no point in discussing why someone was banned in an open forum, it will only create more friction. As said above, the business of the infractions is between the mod/admin and the banned user.

Lastly, its more work. Since we can easily put these out in the open, it means myself or steve are going to have to use more of a time to come up with a system that will show you all why someone was banned.

Personally I'm against this for several reasons:

Firstly, the reasons for a banning are dealt with by infractions, which are viewable by both the moderator/admin and the person being banned. So at the 1 to 1 level, we are already being completely transparent. A banned person knows exactly why they are banned.

Secondly, someone being banned is not a matter of democracy. There is no point in discussing why someone was banned in an open forum, it will only create more friction. As said above, the business of the infractions is between the mod/admin and the banned user.

Lastly, its more work. Since we can easily put these out in the open, it means myself or steve are going to have to use more of a time to come up with a system that will show you all why someone was banned.

are you Cortese..??

Why don't you just tick a box in the control panel Baj? Then everyone can see everyones infractions. This place has improved a shed load since registered users can start threads - if you do what people suggest and it doesn't work out then it's the users fault - not yours. Since this place started it's never had the edge that SF had - I think a big part of that can be accounted for how it is run.