Question for any USA Saints

What UK bookies don't check for a USA ip address? ie what ones can you use over here ok if you have an account that you can log into?

Betfair has not allowed USA ip's for ages. I see that Stan James' new site seems to check for it as well.

What ones definitely don't? Not that you use them of course - but perhaps a friend may do?

(Yes I do know about proxies, VPN's etc but don't want to go down that route)

• 3 weeks later...
I am currently studying in Massachusetts for the year, loving the states! But also got some questions, will any channel be showing the Ashes?! I have found a pub in NYC to watch it over Thanksgiving bar that have no idea where to watch it! Cheers

What channel is the pub showing it on? Channel 2024 on Directv is showing it.

Gawd knows how much they will charge you to watch it. I assume it isn't free. One good thing though is that you will be able to avoid the score ok if you are taping it. Just don't mention it to anyone and you won't hear a thing about it. Cricket isn't a great topic of conversation between Americans.

Personally I can live without it. I miss snooker & darts on the TV way more than cricket. Enjoy your stay in MA. I hope you like snow!

What channel is the pub showing it on? Channel 2024 on Directv is showing it.

Gawd knows how much they will charge you to watch it. I assume it isn't free. One good thing though is that you will be able to avoid the score ok if you are taping it. Just don't mention it to anyone and you won't hear a thing about it. Cricket isn't a great topic of conversation between Americans.

Personally I can live without it. I miss snooker & darts on the TV way more than cricket. Enjoy your stay in MA. I hope you like snow!

no idea what channel the pub is showing it, just rang up and some aussie said they would! Yeah i am loving MA cool place, its such a nightmare getting up so early to listen to saints games though, althought quite nice waking up to find us already 2-0 up, haha!

Yeah i am loving MA cool place, its such a nightmare getting up so early to listen to saints games though, although quite nice waking up to find us already 2-0 up, haha!

You are on the East Coast so 3pm UK games are at 10am on a Sat. You must have some cracking Friday nights if you see that as really early. Fair play!

I can just see the steam coming out of the ears of those people who live over on the West Coast. They have to get up for 7am to listen to the game. Now that is what I'd call proper early.

Sat mornings in the USA are pretty good. Early Prem game, then the Saints game on the radio (with choice of Prem game to watch with the sound turned down on the TV), the late Prem game and then the weekend starts.

If you like the NFL then Sundays in the winter are pretty good too :-)

Though right now I think I'd rather be in a pub in Southampton building up to the Brighton game....

You are on the East Coast so 3pm UK games are at 10am on a Sat. You must have some cracking Friday nights if you see that as really early. Fair play!

I can just see the steam coming out of the ears of those people who live over on the West Coast. They have to get up for 7am to listen to the game. Now that is what I'd call proper early.

Sat mornings in the USA are pretty good. Early Prem game, then the Saints game on the radio (with choice of Prem game to watch with the sound turned down on the TV), the late Prem game and then the weekend starts.

If you like the NFL then Sundays in the winter are pretty good too :-)

Though right now I think I'd rather be in a pub in Southampton building up to the Brighton game....

DITTO!!

Saturday mornings are excellent if you don't mind waking up early!

happy holidays!

To you too.

BTW. What are all you expats up to this turkey day/weekend? I'm off up the road to a town called Mesquite to spend with the in-laws for some festive nosh. (Was hoping they'd be cooking a prime rib (love that) but alas they are traditionalists so turkey it is.)

Anyone camping out for bargains on Friday? LOL! I'll be looking out for lightning deals from the comfort of my laptop. Much safer physically, financially, not so good...

Finishing around noon today and then to the local pub to meet the chaps. We have quite a few ex pats in my area so we tend to do the Brit things a lot!! Mrs Redondo still finds it strange how the Brits can literally meet for beers every day!!

Hosting Thanksgiving at our house tomorrow and have the usual Turkey, etc. Anyone like Yams? Can't get how they add marshmallows on the top of them!!!

Have bought a selection of Euro cheese including stilton from Trader Joes to compliment a large portion of Port. Bed time by 8pm!

no idea what channel the pub is showing it, just rang up and some aussie said they would! Yeah i am loving MA cool place, its such a nightmare getting up so early to listen to saints games though, althought quite nice waking up to find us already 2-0 up, haha!

That would be either The Australian in Midtown or Eight Mile Creek in NoLita. In 2009 they were just using a poor internet stream, wouldn't have thought it'd be any better this year.

It's a real problem in NYC, cricket just isn't shown. I've heard there may be a few Indian places (Murray Hill way) that may have it on but I've not found one.

That would be either The Australian in Midtown or Eight Mile Creek in NoLita. In 2009 they were just using a poor internet stream, wouldn't have thought it'd be any better this year.

It's a real problem in NYC, cricket just isn't shown. I've heard there may be a few Indian places (Murray Hill way) that may have it on but I've not found one.

No - it's all over America. Cricket just isn't a popular sport. To watch it on TV you need to get 'Cricket Ticket':

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/cricket

This is pretty expensive and I expect it's mainly the Asians in the USA who subscribe to it (as cricket means a lot more to them than most other people).

I expect some Asian places do show games - as to whether they show them legally and to the public? Well that is another question for another day...

BTW - I like the vision of loads of ex-pat Aussies & Brits turning up at a bar because they are 'showing the Ashes' - only to find that this viewing consists of some guys laptop on the bar connected to a dodgy stream. A good stream (like off the $14.99 a month http://www.willow.tv cricket streaming site) linked to a TV could please some people though. Better than nothing.

About time the USA got a test match cricket team together.

1st beer sparked and bring on the 1st game. Instinct is to want Detroit to win but I've got Brady & Green-Ellis in my fantasy team.

Saints @ Dallas should be good - good test to see how good Saints are at the moment. I think they've upped their game again (but so have Dallas). Saints to win quite easily though.

I reckon the Jets luck could well run out. Bengals to spring a surprise in the last game.

My hope of a flash storm in NYC didn't happen this morning. Shame.

Just got back from NYC, had a top weekend, went to the australian between 5th and 6th on 38th was great....had managed to get tickets to the knicks at the garden so was good fun...

Getting real cold in Massachusetts, cant wait for the snow, havent tried betting yet here to be honest but will give my betfair a go and see if it works...

If you want a rough but consistent Internet live streaming of the game you could do worse than watch it on http://www.everythingon.tv/ - usually skysports1. I might be using that to watch the Posh game in February.

You could also try the Curryleaf in the East village - decent curry and an owner that loves cricket. I got to watch the 3rd day of 1st test there prior to a date night to watch Harry Potter with the girlfriend - had a big case of homesickness the following day... lol.

• 2 months later...
What UK bookies don't check for a USA ip address? ie what ones can you use over here ok if you have an account that you can log into?

Betfair has not allowed USA ip's for ages. I see that Stan James' new site seems to check for it as well.

What ones definitely don't? Not that you use them of course - but perhaps a friend may do?

(Yes I do know about proxies, VPN's etc but don't want to go down that route)

Back to the original question, I'm told Paddy Power lets you, but I don't have an account to check.