Got my new home shirt yesterday

Saint Johnno

Its ok.... apart from that hideous piece of white plastic slapped on the front.

Do FLYBE buy a bulk load and then distribute them to all the clubs where they are the shirt sponsor?

I mean the front of the shirt doesn't move when you wear it.Feels like you are wearing the front half of a sandwich board.

Not impressed at £40.....

To compound your woes, how about telling us you got Saganowski on the back!

Seriously though, I thought the Umbro contract everyone was clamouring for was going to be the end of dodgy shirts.

No, but I got my Arsenal loving son a shirt with Berk-gamp on the back!

As someone who has never, in 50 years as a supporter, worn a club shirt to a game, I am still unable to see the attraction. I do have a clock, a signed football, a few rosettes (whatever happened to the rosette?) and a scarf or two, but no shirt. Half the season its too cold to go to games in just a shirt, or you have to look stupid by padding underneath it with extra layers, or spend the match with your coat off. Obviously so many people do like wearing them, that I'm in a minority, but will someone please explain the attraction. It has to be good to be worth spending another £40 a year

As someone who has never, in 50 years as a supporter, worn a club shirt to a game, I am still unable to see the attraction. I do have a clock, a signed football, a few rosettes (whatever happened to the rosette?) and a scarf or two, but no shirt. Half the season its too cold to go to games in just a shirt, or you have to look stupid by padding underneath it with extra layers, or spend the match with your coat off. Obviously so many people do like wearing them, that I'm in a minority, but will someone please explain the attraction. It has to be good to be worth spending another £40 a year

Well, I collect them.

Obviously so many people do like wearing them, that I'm in a minority, but will someone please explain the attraction. It has to be good to be worth spending another £40 a year

I haven't bought a shirt for many years, but I have three or four old ones which I still wear.

Wearing the shirt defines my purpose for the day, when I'm in it, I will be drinking beer and watching football.....sort of like a uniform. I never wear it on non match days.

Also if I'm away from home there's a feeling of comeradery when in the pubs and around town which I like. I feel proud to be in someone elses town advertising the fact that I'm there to support The Saints.

I must admit, the older I get I feel less comfortable in it - I think essentially it is the attire of the youth - but when I'm in the pub or the concourse with all the other shirt wearers it feels right again.

I wear mine when I play 5-a-side. I believe I'm spreading the word here oop north! :-)

oh dear , i thought we all had to support the club financially.

Two sons bought away shirts but with no sleeves from West Quay ' date=' this week to flash their muscles , bloody posers[/quote']

Think you may be talking about the dark blue training vests?? As it happens I like to majority of the training gear and would rather get two tops at £40 than the home shirt. Shame I really like the look and quality of the home shirt it's just that horrible sticker!

PS Liking the away one too!

Think you may be talking about the dark blue training vests?? As it happens I like to majority of the training gear and would rather get two tops at £40 than the home shirt. Shame I really like the look and quality of the home shirt it's just that horrible sticker!

PS Liking the away one too!

maybe although they looked gray to me , but as you get older

If fans have genuine complaints about the new shirt then it will translate into trouble for the Club as many just will not buy it. So, somebody has got the design seriously wrong. It's all right for those unthinking, uncaring types who scream "you didn't have to buy it.. " I would say just take a moment out to think about it. Saints need shirt sales as a revenue stream as much as they need fans through the gate.

I can't imagine such a design fault occurring with the ManU or Chelsea shirts so why do we not have the gumption to anticipate what the problems might be before they occur.

Got the home shirt yesterday for me and my son. They look good and I have no prob with them. Have always brought the new shirt when the come out, seems only right to be wearing the same shirt, makes the day feel right, drinking beer, watching footie and wearing the shirt. No probs with the quality, better than the previous!

It's all right for those unthinking, uncaring types who scream "you didn't have to buy it.. " I would say just take a moment out to think about it. Saints need shirt sales as a revenue stream as much as they need fans through the gate.

This is partly why i'm intending to buy the away shirt. I really don't want the home one because of the sticker. It's a real shame because the rest of the shirt is an improvement. The away shirt is nice and I will still be 'doing my bit' supporting the club financially (although i will use the 10% off voucher that came with the season ticket). Hopefully they will learn from this and not allow umbro to put this sticker on next season - now that they are changing the shirt every season I assume they'll be able to make changes a season earlier!

Best shirt in ages IMO, put last seasons home shirt on, then this straight after....Umbro quality makes the new shirt feel 1 million times better IMO and is alot better for actually playing football in from my experience than the saints made shirts.

Prefer the away shirt to the home though as although i don't mind the flybe sponsor logo on the home shirt i prefer the way it's done on the away shirt.

I wear mine out here in oz when I'm playing. People always come up to me staring at the badge to try and find out who it is.

haha where abouts in australia are you?

i'm in melbourne and when i play my 5 a side i'm quite proud to be wearing the saints top, even if people get it confused for bloody sunderland!

i wish the aussie dollar was a bit stronger against the pound, so it wouldn't cost me over 130 dollars aussie just to get one shirt delivered!