Offensive posting

Turkish

Having recently come off a ban and been acused of offensive posting and pointless comments and give infraction points for this, i was just wondering what the boundries are and what people really find offensive.

Personally i have a very high offence threshold, not much if anything offends me, not p*ss taking, abuse, being called a c*nt etc However it seems some of you delicate little flowers are a little more sensitive than i am. Obviously blatent racism etc is offensive but is calling someone a goon for having a vendetta against you really offensive, for example? I had someone post a picture of a guy with Turkish on his SAints shirt (now my avatar) claim to be me when it isn't, is this offensive?

What do you find offensive, pointless and sarcastic? I mean, as for the latter two of these if infraction points were dished out for ever every pointless or sarcastic comment or thread then then there wouldn't be many left on this forum as every thread contains them. However some TSW superstars seem to be able to say what they want, when others are brought to book over it.*

I hope no one is offended by this thread, i dont want to offend people or get more infraction points as some of this post might be considered offensive.

Edited by Turkish

As your bestest, i can confirm that is you in the picture.

Tubby

and you are being reported for that too.

BTW that geniunely isn't a picture of me. Essruu, JB and myself were talking about this before the Oldham game, saying how wierd it is.

and you are being reported for that too.

BTW that geniunely isn't a picture of me. Essruu, JB and myself were talking about this before the Oldham game, saying how wierd it is.

I thought it was Essruu who posted it originally??, or at least I remember him commenting on it and taking the ****. Or maybe Im old and confused??

The timing of posting that pic was perfect though, immediately after your Julian Clary thread about cool street gear. Fair or not gave me a laugh at your expense (in a non belittling or offensive way of course)...!

That is what we found the funniest about it, then a few days later got banned so everyone thought i had gone into hiding because of the picture and being outted as a slaphead shirter!*

* i hope this didn't offend any bald shirters, especially ones which have names on their shirts which start with T.

That is what we found the funniest about it, then a few days later got banned so everyone thought i had gone into hiding because of the picture and being outted as a slaphead shirter!*

* i hope this didn't offend any bald shirters, especially ones which have names on their shirts which start with T.

Guess the only way to prove it is rule 1

:lol:

There's no shame in admitting you're a shirter, Turkish.

he doesnt have to admit it, we all know it already*

* I hope that didn't offend you, i dont want to upset people and get more infraction points as apparantly this might be considered offensive

he doesnt have to admit it, we all know it already*

* I hope that didn't offend you, i dont want to upset people and get more infraction points as apparantly this might be considered offensive

It may or may not be offensive, who's to know?

What really is offensive is starting a sentence without a capital letter, using a lower case 'I' to indicate the singular, and missing an apostrophe in don't.

Would an infraction for each and every spelling error give you 3 infraction points or 9? That is the burning question!

It may or may not be offensive, who's to know?

What really is offensive is starting a sentence without a capital letter, using a lower case 'I' to indicate the singular, and missing an apostrophe in don't.

Would an infraction for each and every spelling error give you 3 infraction points or 9? That is the burning question!

I simply copied and pasted Turk's repeated mantra from above, complete with errata, (such as 'apparantly',) in order to take the p*ss, with only a couple af alterations to fit the fact that I haven't actually been banned. Yet...

And I reckon a point for each post with three or more spelling mistakes in it.

HTH

I cannot understand why people report others on here. It is all a bit of a laugh surely? I think it is when it becomes personal, and if you do not like it then just do not get involved in a slanging match with someone.

A lot of people on here need to chill out and get over themselves!!

Your'e a self centered ego maniac - tbf I don't know where Stu ends and you begin sometimes, a tad tenuous maybe but then I don't live on here

I hope no one is offended by this thread, i dont want to offend people or get more infraction points as some of this post might be considered offensive.

I cannot understand why people report others on here. It is all a bit of a laugh surely? I think it is when it becomes personal, and if you do not like it then just do not get involved in a slanging match with someone.

A lot of people on here need to chill out and get over themselves!!

You'll have to ask certain people on here that. When someone takes delight in trying to get people banned on an internet forum then it says a lot about how pathetic they are, no names mentioned, they know who they are.

I'm hoping my infractions for posting a brass eye quote are removed or I am inclined to agree with you. Never had a problem with any mods before so hopefully these new ones will be ok.

Why should your infractions be removed? The lounge is a place for senisble discussion, not silly jokes. In this sense The Lounge is similar to the Main Board. If people want to post silly comments then they should go to the Muppet Show.

I'm hoping my infractions for posting a brass eye quote are removed or I am inclined to agree with you. Never had a problem with any mods before so hopefully these new ones will be ok.

Here's a tip, if you want to post something you're certain will get you an infraction, don't. In the mean time, i'll ensure the mod team are fully versed in the scripts of every movie, tv and radio script over the last century, just in case you want to quote something again they possibly wont recognise as a reference to something else.

also, a lot of you seem to be hung up on people reporting posts, the little invisible army of "grasses". Do you realise how many reported posts weve had in the last 2 weeks? 30? 100?..................6!

still 6 too many. But that is because all the people that were being reported were banned in the last two weeks.

Why should your infractions be removed? The lounge is a place for senisble discussion, not silly jokes. In this sense The Lounge is similar to the Main Board. If people want to post silly comments then they should go to the Muppet Show.

Except there was a serious point behind the comment. Besides, I was infracted for posting a racist remark, not for posting a silly comment. I didn't post anything racist.

Here's a tip, if you want to post something you're certain will get you an infraction, don't. In the mean time, i'll ensure the mod team are fully versed in the scripts of every movie, tv and radio script over the last century, just in case you want to quote something again they possibly wont recognise as a reference to something else.

I didn't think it would get me an infraction. I already apologised. I thought it was a well known brass eye quote, the same way that film quotes are used. It was an error of judgement and I fully appreciate why I was infracted over a misunderstanding. It's just that I have now been infracted for racist remarks which following my explanation is clearly wrong.

a reply to what? ive already told you my thoughts on the matter in this thread

I appreciate the reason for the misunderstanding but since I have explained the situation I would have thought that a bit of common sense would be used and my infractions for being racist would be removed. Fair enough if you want to give me one for posting a pointless remark but that is totally different. On a separate point, can't say I have ever had a problem with mods before who from my experience have done a really good job and preferred to have a word before dishing out infractions.