Things to do in Scotland

hamster

It is very under rated by little Englanders who have never been further north than Winchester.

Beautiful places, friendly people, nice pubs, slower pace of life etc

So good in fact, that you decided to give it your seal of approval by moving to Tokyo?

There's always Loch Ness for whiling away the hours.

Lots of Whisky.

Scottish chicks look hot - until they speak.

So good in fact, that you decided to give it your seal of approval by moving to Tokyo?

There's always Loch Ness for whiling away the hours.

Lots of Whisky.

Scottish chicks look hot - until they speak.

Genuine guffaw. Poor old Tokyo, let us know if you ever come over, I'm sure someone on here will put you up. Don't accept any offers from Dr Who, he'll try to get you to fix his boiler.

It is very under rated by little Englanders who have never been further north than Winchester.

Beautiful places, friendly people, nice pubs, slower pace of life etc

Agree. Scotland is a much nicer place than England imo. It's colder, but it's far less built up and more laid-back. Will definitely retire up there.

To answer the posts:

1) I moved from Southampton to Tokyo (make of that what you will if you follow the same logic).

2) The in the main don't hate the English. I have been there many times and any banter (which would have been against me as I am English knob ends) is Tongue in cheek. Not anywhere near the level we hate Pompey but still might go for a beer with a pokey fan if it was your sisters new boyfriend for example.

3) North sea oil from off the coast of Scotland has raise far more money for the UK economy than England could ever pay for Scotlands social services or whatever. Hense the popularity of the SNP, a small number of their votes may fall into the ukip mood but most are just ****ed of at the amount of money that has gone to London with little in return.

4) although I lived in Tokyo for 5 or so years, I now live in London. I vist both japan and Scotland for work and to see friends regularly though. This means I do not need anyone to put me up (thanks for the offer though) and also I can comment on saints games, as in the most part I would have seen the game. I can rarely be bothered to pont this out to the "how many games have you actually seen?" gang on the main board.

To throw it back to you, of those criticising Scotland, how many of you have actually been?

To answer the posts:

1) I moved from Southampton to Tokyo (make of that what you will if you follow the same logic).

2) The in the main don't hate the English. I have been there many times and any banter (which would have been against me as I am English knob ends) is Tongue in cheek. Not anywhere near the level we hate Pompey but still might go for a beer with a pokey fan if it was your sisters new boyfriend for example.

3) North sea oil from off the coast of Scotland has raise far more money for the UK economy than England could ever pay for Scotlands social services or whatever. Hense the popularity of the SNP, a small number of their votes may fall into the ukip mood but most are just ****ed of at the amount of money that has gone to London with little in return.

4) although I lived in Tokyo for 5 or so years, I now live in London. I vist both japan and Scotland for work and to see friends regularly though. This means I do not need anyone to put me up (thanks for the offer though) and also I can comment on saints games, as in the most part I would have seen the game. I can rarely be bothered to pont this out to the "how many games have you actually seen?" gang on the main board.

To throw it back to you, of those criticising Scotland, how many of you have actually been?

Once you get out of the cities, like Glasgow, it is a beautiful country. I travel up there 2 or 3 times a year to visit my bf's family. They live in the western highlands, on the shores of Loch Fyne. Beautifully place, and you can still leave all your doors and windows open when you go out as there is only one road in and out.

Pluses: beautifully countryside, clean air, very laid back attitude, pace of life is slower

minuses: Weather can be awful, best time of the year is late May early June. In the villages every one knows everyone elses business - they have nothing else to talk about!

That said, I myself am contemplating moving up in the next 6 years, when the other half retires, so cant be that bad

Once you get out of the cities, like Glasgow, it is a beautiful country. I travel up there 2 or 3 times a year to visit my bf's family. They live in the western highlands, on the shores of Loch Fyne. Beautifully place, and you can still leave all your doors and windows open when you go out as there is only one road in and out.

Pluses: beautifully countryside, clean air, very laid back attitude, pace of life is slower

minuses: Weather can be awful, best time of the year is late May early June. In the villages every one knows everyone elses business - they have nothing else to talk about!

That said, I myself am contemplating moving up in the next 6 years, when the other half retires, so cant be that bad

/\

i base my views on having never been there as per scotland, so don;t expect anyone to take any notice of what i think.

actually, there was a thread about how many states there are in america, i think that canada is the one that most people missed out.

;-)

/\

i base my views on having never been there as per scotland, so don;t expect anyone to take any notice of what i think.

actually, there was a thread about how many states there are in america, i think that canada is the one that most people missed out.

;-)

Did anyone actually come up with the definitive answer on that?

/\

;-)

Did anyone actually come up with the definitive answer on that?

50 states