Hartlepool - 4th December

Lighthouse

Think this was a midweek fixture last year, so I'm guessing a few of you will have stayed there overnight. I've been looking at the Premier Inn for a weekender, which seems to be affordable and pretty much accross the road from the ground. Anyone any experience of it?

Cheers mate. Is it just me being thick or is the OS hopeless for 'ticket news' now?

it is hopeless, you really have to search for the detail sometimes and unless you are looking for it it can be easily missed.

i can't see us having over 900 at Hartlepool this year, it will be freezing in December and a lot went last year. If you are doing a weekender I would recommend Newcastle rather than Hartlepool.

I'm doing the same as Steve up and back on the train, as I am on EastCoast trains mailing list got an extra discount due to a deal they were doing, £30 return London to Hartlepool, good price that.

We drank at the Lloyds Bar by Hartlepool station, not amazing but fine for a couple of pre-match pints.

How difficult is it to get from Newcastle to Hartlepool? I assume it's just a short train journey but haven't really looked into it.

Trains go every hour at half past the hour & it appears to take just under 45 mins. I booked train tickets for myself & a couple of mates online & it worked out at £7.50 each return. We're making a weekend of it in Newcastle :)

Trains go every hour at half past the hour & it appears to take just under 45 mins. I booked train tickets for myself & a couple of mates online & it worked out at £7.50 each return. We're making a weekend of it in Newcastle :)

Same as going Friday morning, getting home Sunday evening. Staying in the Albatross hostel, have managed to do it fairly cheap so far £47 each for the hostel, £70 for the flight and looks like 7.50 return on the train to get to and from Hartlepool.

Looking at the weather forecast it does bring back memories of the trip to Newcastle away in 2000-01 season (i think), when we went up there on the saturday for the nightout, woke up sunday morning to find the city covered in snow, game was called off about 2 hours before kick off so we got back on the train and headed home, went back later in the season for the re-arranged game on the Tuesday for the 1-1 draw Pahars scored for us. Could do without a re-arranged game this time though!

For those staying overnight for this one you could take in another game on the sunday, Sunderland are at home to West Ham.

Went down today(Friday) and brought a pair the couple in front of me brought a pair as well the sales woman said they have sold 350+

If we can get wins this week against Peterborough / Brighton would be great to take 900+ up there. still over 2 weeks until the game and loads usually leave it until nearer the day to buy (or like last year pay on the day)

Frankie Boyle in the Hammersmith Apollo on the Friday night, a night in one of Londons finest 8 bed mixed dorm Hostels then train to Hartlepool the next day.

With any luck you'll have a similar situation to me in Madrid sharing a mixed dorm with an fit aussie bird with massive jugs who was more than happy to get up in the morning and walk around the room in her underwear!!

should be a cracking weekend, going to see Cast at Shepherds Bush empire the night before, hopefully the alarm will work on saturday morning and i'll make the train.

With any luck you'll have a similar situation to me in Madrid sharing a mixed dorm with an fit aussie bird with massive jugs who was more than happy to get up in the morning and walk around the room in her underwear!!

should be a cracking weekend, going to see Cast at Shepherds Bush empire the night before, hopefully the alarm will work on saturday morning and i'll make the train.

Will a stop off at Goodge St be required?

Lets hope not, those days are behind me.

i wont be drinking on the train up though, cups of tea all round until York I think.

Don't want to peak to early.

No doubt Rees will ACCIDENTLY knock his cloudy Lemonade over again on the train home.

Was planning to go because I have family in Sunderland and could have met up with them all and go to the match with my young cousins' new boyfriend and his father: a golf professional at a club near Durham and both lifelong saints fans.

But the wife turned down my generous offer of me taking her to see her sister in Derby for the weekend and they could go christmas shopping. A train trip from Derby to Hartlepool isn't too much, but a round trip from Wiltshire is just too expensive.

Bloody typical ungrateful wimmin!!

Edited by boxosponge
spellin

I was thinking the same as l was going to drive up with 2 others in the car. I see Newcastle race meeting has been called of this Saturday

Any idea if Hartlepool have under soil heating?

Would be disappointed if the game was called off having booked train tickets, plus we'd have to go back on a tuesday night again. that would be a dedication.

fingers crossed we'll be ok.

Their game with Swindon is going ahead tomorrow, which bodes well. We've got flights and accommadation booked for the weekend so we'll be going either way :)

I doubt it seeing as Swindon are playing Crawley in the FA Cup.