Xbox Kinnect....

saint lard

• 1 month later...

I've got one and it's brilliant. You only need 6 foot of space and the game play is fantastic. The funny thing is it takes photos of you when you are playing and jumping around. Get one it's going to take over the Wii without doubt.

I've read that if you connect it online it recognises what you are wearing (i.e a Fred Perry polo or Adidas t-shirt) and will provide adverts tailored to your preferences. It can also tell what colour clothes you are wearing too.

It won't be long until Microsoft are snooping in your homes too. Beware. :p

I've read that if you connect it online it recognises what you are wearing (i.e a Fred Perry polo or Adidas t-shirt) and will provide adverts tailored to your preferences. It can also tell what colour clothes you are wearing too.

It won't be long until Microsoft are snooping in your homes too. Beware. :p

Mate dont believe all that you read - the cameras are not that good!! - it would cost 10 times what it does if they could pick up brand names and logos, cross check them against a built in database and then download adverts to match! Oh, and just where do the adverts appear?? Chill

kewl. I've got an xbox elite which I didn't think would work with kinect but my friend has said with the help of a memory stick he's got he can get it working for me!

Dont worry - kinect works with all xboxes, new and old, straight from the box. It plugs directly into the new ones but the only advantage over an older Xbox is that you do not need to have two power sockets

er, ok but lets get some perspective. A techy web site with a lead story about "Big Brother shock story". A web site of uncertain repute. Some quotes prefaced by "according to news reports". Actual direct quotes dont say everything that the article implies and contain nothing very surprising. If they start to interrupt games with adverts then a lot of folks will be hitting "off" so its a non starter in any event.

I could go on but will summise it as - dont believe all that you read!

Dont worry - kinect works with all xboxes, new and old, straight from the box. It plugs directly into the new ones but the only advantage over an older Xbox is that you do not need to have two power sockets

Sounds good then! Might have to get one of these bad boys. Where is the best place to get 'em? Shopto.net?

Sounds good then! Might have to get one of these bad boys. Where is the best place to get 'em? Shopto.net?

need to surf for whatever may be the best price on the day, because very few deals around that are different. Even the bundle deals with extra games etc are pretty much identical price everywhere