amazon backs down

scotty

I'm boycotting Amazon, and am encouraging everyone I know to do the same. They never should have sold this filth.

Now, if they publicise the names & addresses of anyone who had bought this book, I may consider using them again.

:lol:

Nice rant!

Edited by benjii

I'd be inclined not to buy the thing, on the off-chance that anyone here was considering it. There is a real live on-the-register sex-offender living not far from me, his windows never stay in one piece for long, christ only knows what his insurance premiums cost.

I'd be inclined not to buy the thing, on the off-chance that anyone here was considering it. There is a real live on-the-register sex-offender living not far from me, his windows never stay in one piece for long, christ only knows what his insurance premiums cost.

gary glitter...

Re the "NAMBLA" link....

I actually Googled that because there is an episode of South Park featuring a spoof organisation called NAMBLA. That obviously is satirical and I thought maybe someone had set up a satirical site as an homage (no pun intended). So when I saw "nambla.org" as a result on my Google search, I assumed they had. As it happens it looks - somewhat remarkably - as though in fact a group of people were inspired to set up a serious version of it. Bizarre indeed.

Re the "NAMBLA" link....

I actually Googled that because there is an episode of South Park featuring a spoof organisation called NAMBLA. That obviously is satirical and I thought maybe someone had set up a satirical site as an homage (no pun intended). So when I saw "nambla.org" as a result on my Google search, I assumed they had. As it happens it looks - somewhat remarkably - as though in fact a group of people were inspired to set up a serious version of it. Bizarre indeed.

Not quite sure if you are implying it or not in your post, but, NAMBLA has been around for quite a lot longer than the South Park episode.