Brown Leaves Hampshire

manji

Shame, I liked Michael as a person and an opening batsman. He was a bit peed off about being dropped from the one day side recently.

Do't know who the new signing will be. Ramps has been mentioned. Don't want Vaughan. I rate him to get his form back and we will hardly see him play. If he does not get his form back what is the point in signing him. Bransgrove took the same view with Simon Jones before last season started.

Now we know, it is Dominic Cork ffs!

Edited by Weston Saint

Very disappointed about this. Our batting has been weak for a number of seasons (you only need to check the batting bonus points to confirm that) and yet we let out best batsman of the last two seasons leave.

The issue is obviously to do with him not playing many one-day games so the answer is bleedin obvious - pick him in the one-dayers.

I can't believe he'd leave to play second division cricket if he was given the chance in the one-dayers here.

With him gone and Crawley nearing the end we need two new batsmen for next season IMO.