Why gay footballers "shouldnt come out"

Pancake

Not the way it should be, but I can't blame gay footballers for not coming out at all. It's a bit like being in the Police - you're in a role that gets a lot of stick, therefore people who already criticise you for appearance, or whatever they can get out of you would have something far more sensitive and personal to criticise you for if you came out (don't mean within the Police, but punters you deal with etc.) But then again I guess it can't always be like this, and someone needs to start the trend sooner or later to get the ball rolling so that gay footballers don't receive homophobic abuse. We've managed to get over the racism at football hurdle to some extent - now maybe homophobia needs to be dealt with in the same way. People need to move on and get on with their own lives without digging at other peoples.

that is a bit of homophobic comment Baj. Are you going to infract yourself? :rolleyes:

How is it, in ANY WAY homophobic? Mario Gomez is a hetrosexual footballer who is trying to tell other people of a different sexual persuasion how they should live their lives. That is a bad decision.

This shouldn't even be an issue imho.

There's a conclusion in that article that says that gay footballers should not 'come out' for 'sound financial reasons'! Bloody hell, is money really so important to the masses that we would endorse such reasoning? Madness and quite a sad indictment in my opinion.