Cancelling a 3 contract

Saint_clark

Anyone know the easiest way to cancel a contract with 3, and how much it would cost (if anything)?

The service i've received is absolutely pathetic, only get signal in about 2% of my area, every single phone call has dropped out randomly, wifi just does not work - fed up to the back teeth.

I'm not interested in getting a replacement or a lower deal, because I was warned about this from one of my mates but didn't think it could be that bad, so I know it'll be the same with any 3 phone I get. Regret - really regret - leaving 02 now.

Posted this in a few different forums, absolutely desperate to get rid of this stupid f*cking phone.

Can't really say for 3, but if I want to cancel my contract with Virgin I have to pay up 50% of what i'd pay for the remainder of my contract. I'm about 8 months into my 24 month contract on a £30pm tariff...

Maybe if you phoned up a service provider you're willing to switch to they might handle it for you?

Did you get it through the Carphone Warehouse? I had a t-mobile deal through car phone and took out their insurance. Didn't realise it at the time but the insurance meant I could get out of the contract at no cost (obviously lost the number though)

Had a 3 contract quite a few years ago and had the same problem. Worked fine anywhere in the world bar the UK. Didn't their recent advert claim they had improved coverage by a huge amount? Speak to trading standards if that was the case!

Nah, it's a Samsung phone on a 3 contract from a 3 store. I am paying insurance though so might be able to get out of the contract.

The signal really is pathetic, 1 bar at the absolute best of times, no signal at all about 90% of the time. Makes things very difficult when people from work try to contact me.

Nah, it's a Samsung phone on a 3 contract from a 3 store. I am paying insurance though so might be able to get out of the contract.

The signal really is pathetic, 1 bar at the absolute best of times, no signal at all about 90% of the time. Makes things very difficult when people from work try to contact me.

If its that bad it could be a faulty handset. Definitely worth talking to someone in store.

If 3 were the only mobile phone provider on the planet, I would go without a phone. About 4 years ago I was offered a very good deal by them, I accepted. O2 then offered me an even better deal to stay with them so I canceled the 3 contract 3 days into the 14 day cooling down period, I was informed by them that it was canceled. 3 days later I recieved the phone from 3 through the post. When I phoned to sort it out I was informed that the contract had been taken out, I asked again to cancel as I was still only 6 days into cooling down period, but they failed to do so. I tried and tried and tried but had no success. That was until I had passed the 14 days, at which point they said I can cancel but I will have to pay £500. I refused, they passed it onto debt collectors, I had no contract or anything through the post other than the phone itself, which to this day remains unopened in it's box. They keep threatening court, to which I encourage them. Because as far as I'm concerned, they have nothing on me. Even been tempted to take them to small claims myself. W*nkers.

I had a few problems with O2 a few years back, absolutely crap service, didn't set up the phone as i had asked, tried to set up a limit on it but they hadn't set it up and i ended up paying a fortune. I could never speak to anyone who actually knew what they were on about and when i asked to speak to a manager i was told that i couldn't, when i FINALLY managed to get through to the manager he said he would ring me back and never did.

I eventually cracked and demanded to talk to the manager who i pretty much berated down the phone and said if i managed my staff the way he did and treated the customers with such contempt i would be out of a job, he tried to argue it but i said i wanted to make a formal complaint against him and his team. Funnily enough shortly afterwards i got my wish and they cancelled my contract for no cost.

I would suggest you write to the company (if you have a name then address it to the most senior person) & list your issues & problems & their responses & lack of solutions...ideally with dates...& then finish your letter with your contention that the service that is supplied is not fit for purpose & as such has been mis-sold.

Ask for the contract to be cancelled immediately & your number freed for transfer. State that if an acceptable solution cannot be found you will take it up with the relevant authority and trading standards. I believe Ofcom are the relevant authority but this may have been changed recently.

Ask for a response within five working days - that is more than a reasonable response time.

3 are fecking ****s....

I had an internet dongle that was supposed to be pay as you go..(for when I go away on various courses)......as soon as I used it for the first time they told me it was a contract dongle...after a couple of months of arguing the toss...I just stopped the direct debit and ignore their calls.....they stopped trying to contact me not long after

How quick is the "blink of the eye", are we talking hours or near enough instant?

Well, on Friday night I charged it up fully (having tried the old let it run right down trick) and by Saturday evening there was no charge left. I'd used it for one text and one 5 minute phone call. No interweb use, no photos, no videos.

That's not right, surely?

Well, on Friday night I charged it up fully (having tried the old let it run right down trick) and by Saturday evening there was no charge left. I'd used it for one text and one 5 minute phone call. No interweb use, no photos, no videos.

That's not right, surely?

Its the battery. They only last about 100 charges. Just buy a new battery off ebay (make sure its a good make, ideally the same as the orginal)

Its the battery. They only last about 100 charges. Just buy a new battery off ebay (make sure its a good make, ideally the same as the orginal)

Thanks for your help B but I'm confused now. I'd always understood that it's not possible to replace the battery and Mr TF thinks the same. It's a 3GS, not a 3G as I posted earlier.

But you think I can replace the battery?