Sharia Schools uncovered BBC 1 20:30

dune

Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: BBC uncovers 'weekend schools' that teach pupils how to hack off thieves' hands

Pupils asked to list the 'reprehensible' qualities of Jews

Around 5,000 children attend a network of 40 schools

Diagrams show children how to hack off hands and feet

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331789/Sharia-lessons-pupils-aged-BBC-uncovers-weekend-schools.html#ixzz162R3S8Ek

Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: BBC uncovers 'weekend schools' that teach pupils how to hack off thieves' hands

Around 5,000 children attend a network of 40 schools

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331789/Sharia-lessons-pupils-aged-BBC-uncovers-weekend-schools.html#ixzz162R3S8Ek

Is that programme on the ultra left BBC? Oh yeah so it is

Is that programme on the ultra left BBC? Oh yeah so it is

That's already being discussed on the BBC thread.

What are your views of the anti semetic teachings in these Sharia schools?

Why do UAF turn a blind eye to fascism in the Muslim community?

That's already being discussed on the BBC thread.

What are your views of the anti semetic teachings in these Sharia schools?

Why do UAF turn a blind eye to fascism in the Muslim community?

Lets not generalise dune, personally, I'm not turning a blind eye to this anti-semitism amongst extreme members of the Muslim community. Also remember that this isn't 'Fascism', it's anti-semitism. The two arn't mutually exclusive IMO. Lets not pretend either that this anything we didn't know already (the anti-semitism amongst Muslim extremists not the so called 'Sharia Schools).

Lets not generalise dune, personally, I'm not turning a blind eye to this anti-semitism amongst extreme members of the Muslim community. Also remember that this isn't 'Fascism', it's anti-semitism. The two arn't mutually exclusive IMO. Lets not pretend either that this anything we didn't know already (the anti-semitism amongst Muslim extremists not the so called 'Sharia Schools).

Well i've just visited the UAF site and there's plenty about the EDL and the BNP but absolutely nothing about the racism (is that better?) in the Muslim community. Why do this group (and you claimed to be a member of UAF) turn a blind eye?

Mum's death threats over Wootton Bassett campaign

A mother-of-four has been subjected to death threats after starting a campaign to stop a protest march by Muslim hardliners through Wootton Bassett.

It is believed the messages have been sent by self-styled ‘anti-fascists’ and are not the work of any ethnic or religious group.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/default.aspx?page=12&terms=31599&domain=http://www.kentnews.co.uk

So basically UAF will turn a blind eye to programmes such as that to be shown on BBC 1 tonight, but their members will send death threats to a woman that feels strongly that our soldiers that have died for the country should be respected. TLS you really should be ashamed of yourself for associating yourself with this group.

Well i've just visited the UAF site and there's plenty about the EDL and the BNP but absolutely nothing about the racism (is that better?) in the Muslim community. Why do this group (and you claimed to be a member of UAF) turn a blind eye?

I'm with you on this one dune.

The UAF are wrong in their complete blanket hatred of anything right wing and are misguided to ignore the threat of Islamic extremism.

Sharia Law is as racist as any BNP extremist and as dangerous as Nazism.

Mum's death threats over Wootton Bassett campaign

A mother-of-four has been subjected to death threats after starting a campaign to stop a protest march by Muslim hardliners through Wootton Bassett.

It is believed the messages have been sent by self-styled ‘anti-fascists’ and are not the work of any ethnic or religious group.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/default.aspx?page=12&terms=31599&domain=http://www.kentnews.co.uk

So basically UAF will turn a blind eye to programmes such as that to be shown on BBC 1 tonight, but their members will send death threats to a woman that feels strongly that our soldiers that have died for the country should be respected. TLS you really should be ashamed of yourself for associating yourself with this group.

Right, at NO POINT does it mention the UAF - typical dune, all **** and no substance. Go back to your British Imperialism books.

Surely you don't need a diagram to know how to hack off someones hands/feet? It's got to be reasonably easy to figure out what to do. Rather than getting upset by what is being taught, I'd be more concerned by the lack of challenge in the work. Is this really the state of education in this country? And teachers try and say exams aren't getting easier.

I'm not sure why I keep rising to the bait, but here goes...

dune, please point us to the article that shows that the UAF openly support these sharia schools.

What?... You can't?.... Oh....

Why? He hasn't claimed that. He's stated - correctly - that they turn a blind eye to them i.e decline to criticise them whilst objecting to other forms of extremism / racism. That's not the same as openly supporting them, although sometimes silence can speak volumes.

Why? He hasn't claimed that. He's stated - correctly - that they turn a blind eye to them i.e decline to criticise them whilst objecting to other forms of extremism / racism. That's not the same as openly supporting them, although sometimes silence can speak volumes.

Why would they though? That's not what they are about. Their main focus is to campaign against far-right politics and outright racism. To criticise them for not speaking out about islamic extremists would be akin to critcising them for not speaking out against climate change or nuclear proliferation, ie - issues about which they have no concern.

Before anybody goes off on one at me and accuses me of being a jihadi apologist or a UAF supporter, I am neither of those things. I just want to understand why dune automatically made the link with the UAF, against whom he clearly has a big chip on his shoulder, in a thread about something completely unrelated.

Surely you don't need a diagram to know how to hack off someones hands/feet? It's got to be reasonably easy to figure out what to do. Rather than getting upset by what is being taught, I'd be more concerned by the lack of challenge in the work. Is this really the state of education in this country? And teachers try and say exams aren't getting easier.

It's so easy to blame modern standards without fully realising what is involved. It's difficult to de-limb someone if they are active at the time (ie.g running, doing origami, venting their spleen on TMS, etc). There is definitely some skill in achieving a clean, quick amputation.

Thats a typical Daily Mail reader reaction Deppo. FFS amputation exams are not getting easier. Kids need to know how to use different techniques to achieve different results eg permanent disfigurement, slow bleedout, full recovery for a long life hobbling around being a burden to society.

This case is obviously very worrying, but i'd like to draw attention to a quote from near the end of the Daily Mail article:

Panorama separately claimed some Muslim private schools have expressed extreme sentiments on their school websites.

These include: ‘We need to defend our children from the forces of evil’, and ‘our children are exposed to a culture that is in opposition to almost everything Islam stands for’.

What is wrong with having a religious identity? Islam is based on the idea of devotion to your religion, and i'm not sure that saying today's culture is opposite to Islamic traditions is an extreme view.

The Daily Mail are always complaining about the binge drinking culure, yob culture, drug culture etc, and then a website run by Muslims does the same and suddenly it's an extreme view.

This case is obviously very worrying, but i'd like to draw attention to a quote from near the end of the Daily Mail article:

What is wrong with having a religious identity? Islam is based on the idea of devotion to your religion, and i'm not sure that saying today's culture is opposite to Islamic traditions is an extreme view.

The Daily Mail are always complaining about the binge drinking culure, yob culture, drug culture etc, and then a website run by Muslims does the same and suddenly it's an extreme view.

Is it the Daily Mail saying it or are they quoting the Panorama programme?

As a liberal I strongly object to non-secular schools.

As a liberal I strongly object to any pupils asked to list any 'reprehensible' qualities of people of any other religion (race, sexuality etc)

As a liberal I am strongly opposed to authoritarianism, and will support any group who seeks to prevent the rise of authoritarian governments (whether left or right). As such, I wholeheartedly agree with the founding principles of the UAF, and I am joined in doing so by David Cameron, and numerous other politicians, from both the left and right.

Religious schools, discrimination, and totalitarian views should all be opposed.

[bTW, thank you BBC, for providing us with a information about a subject, which without the licence fee would have been largely overlooked by the ratings-obsessed commercial media]

Why would they though? That's not what they are about. Their main focus is to campaign against far-right politics and outright racism. To criticise them for not speaking out about islamic extremists would be akin to critcising them for not speaking out against climate change or nuclear proliferation, ie - issues about which they have no concern.

Before anybody goes off on one at me and accuses me of being a jihadi apologist or a UAF supporter, I am neither of those things. I just want to understand why dune automatically made the link with the UAF, against whom he clearly has a big chip on his shoulder, in a thread about something completely unrelated.

So if that's not outright racism what is? Yet you consider it an "issue about which they have no concern"

I'll ask again what Dune is asking, why aren't the UAF protesting against this ?

Is it the Daily Mail saying it or are they quoting the Panorama programme?

Panorama quoting the Islamic websites and that being reported in the Daily Mail. It's just ironic that the Mail is reporting about somebody complaining about today's culture when that's all they do themselves.

So if that's not outright racism what is?

Anti-semitism, which is not actually racism. I'm not saying I condone it - far from it; I find the culture of programming children with secular hatred from a very young age every bit as reprehensible as they find Jews. But I don't agree that just because the UAF haven't openly come out and condemned this practise that they actually support it. They have their own agenda, obviously, and it clearly doesn't include public demonstrations against indoctrination of muslim children.

I'll ask again what Dune is asking, why aren't the UAF protesting against this ?

I don't know, as I said I am not a supporter so I wouldn't have a clue. Perhaps you had better ask them.

I could flip this round and ask why aren't dune's mates in the EDL protesting about it?

Anti-semitism, which is not actually racism. I'm not saying I condone it - far from it; I find the culture of programming children with secular hatred from a very young age every bit as reprehensible as they find Jews. But I don't agree that just because the UAF haven't openly come out and condemned this practise that they actually support it. They have their own agenda, obviously, and it clearly doesn't include public demonstrations against indoctrination of muslim children.

UAF are clearly hypocrites. They used to call themselves the ANL (Anti Nazi League) and correct me if i'm wrong the Nazi's were most associated with their hatred of Jews. So why do UAF turn a blind eye to muslims that teach children to hate jews?

UAF are clearly hypocrites. They used to call themselves the ANL (Anti Nazi League) and correct me if i'm wrong the Nazi's were most associated with their hatred of Jews. So why do UAF turn a blind eye to muslims that teach children to hate jews?

Not being a UAF member i'm probably not best placed to answer. But there may be several reasons behind this decision:

1) the BBC report has only been out a short while, perhaps the UAF are considering issuing a statement?

2) the UAF might have taken this as a given. I.e they can't possibly issue comments about every event, perhaps as they are anti-racism generally, one might conclude that they are equally anti-Muslim children being taught anti-semiticm? As such perhaps they don't feel they need to issue a statement.

3) Perhaps while objecting to the the 'education' (sic) the BBC have identified, the UAF consider this to be something that the MCB are in a better position to comment on.

Irrespective, while I am not party to the UAF rational, I don't think anyone could conclude that the UAF and it's supporters are anything but 100% opposed to the horriffic 'education' the BBC have identified in some Muslim schools. The implication of your line of questioning seems to be suggesting that you feel the UAF might for some illogical reason support these extreme examples of racist 'education': if so, on what grounds?

Not being a UAF member i'm probably not best placed to answer. But there may be several reasons behind this decision:

1) the BBC report has only been out a short while, perhaps the UAF are considering issuing a statement?

2) the UAF might have taken this as a given. I.e they can't possibly issue comments about every event, perhaps as they are anti-racism generally, one might conclude that they are equally anti-Muslim children being taught anti-semiticm? As such perhaps they don't feel they need to issue a statement.

3) Perhaps while objecting to the the 'education' (sic) the BBC have identified, the UAF consider this to be something that the MCB are in a better position to comment on.

Irrespective, while I am not party to the UAF rational, I don't think anyone could conclude that the UAF and it's supporters are anything but 100% opposed to the horriffic 'education' the BBC have identified in some Muslim schools. The implication of your line of questioning seems to be suggesting that you feel the UAF might for some illogical reason support these extreme examples of racist 'education': if so, on what grounds?

I don't think they support it, but they will not demonstrate against it for the simple reason they would be on the same "side" as groups like the EDL. So they will ignore it. The UAF "types" are the sort who go on anti war marches and they have walked alongside isamic extremists. The fact of the matter is that UAF hate racists so log as they're white and British. Black or Asian racists are ignored by them. This makes UAF not only hypocrites with double standards but it could also be argued makes them racist themselves.

Edited by dune