Lotto winner and his ex...

saint lard

Lotto winner has to pay a chunk to his ex of 10 years.....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/UKNews/EuroMillions-Winner-Nigel-Page-Forced-To-Fork-Out-2m-To-Ex-Wife-After-Ten-Year-Divorce/Article/201011415821513

If it was to go towards the childs up keep quite correct even though he is paying maintanance already,and i'm sure he will leave some in trust for his child.But......

Lotto winner has to pay a chunk to his ex of 10 years.....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/UKNews/EuroMillions-Winner-Nigel-Page-Forced-To-Fork-Out-2m-To-Ex-Wife-After-Ten-Year-Divorce/Article/201011415821513

If it was to go towards the childs up keep quite correct even though he is paying maintanance already,and i'm sure he will leave some in trust for his child.But......

Wrong but this is always a potential problem with divorce. Had a mate who got a decent payout from redundancy about 70k, was really concerned his ex would come after him for it when she found out.

People also get fcked over with maintenance for the wife to keep her in the lifestyle she's accustomed to. FFS. If they were living a millionaires lifestyle, possibly, but this happens to normal blokes as well.

He didn't have to pay her. He chose to settle out of court.

Yes but if he had not done so she would have taken him to Court and he would have been made

to pay a lot lot more. I think that he should look at sueing his lawyer of ten years ago as it looks

like they stuffed up and didn't eneter the clause "full and final settlement". If they had thise greedy

woman would have got sod all, just like she deserved IMHO.

Mind you over here even when both parties agree to a full and final settlement it is common

for the one given the money to go back later claiming more as it was not really a full and final

settlement as they think they deserve more money. It is also amazing how many upset feelings

are suddenly cured by the offer of more money.

Some,who know where I live, will understand straight away whom I am talking about :lol:

Give it a few more years and I suspect that Uk divorce will become less advantageous to the low (non) earning party. and it will be women who push for the change. As more women out earn their partners, there will be a greater reluctance to pay over. we already are seeing that. Recently a prenup was accepted by the courts when a millionairess did not want to pay out a greater ("fairer") share of her fortune than was previously agreed.

Yes but if he had not done so she would have taken him to Court and he would have been made

to pay a lot lot more. I think that he should look at sueing his lawyer of ten years ago as it looks

like they stuffed up and didn't eneter the clause "full and final settlement". If they had thise greedy

woman would have got sod all, just like she deserved IMHO.

Mind you over here even when both parties agree to a full and final settlement it is common

for the one given the money to go back later claiming more as it was not really a full and final

settlement as they think they deserve more money. It is also amazing how many upset feelings

are suddenly cured by the offer of more money.

Some,who know where I live, will understand straight away whom I am talking about :lol:

The comment that I read said that she would probably have got nothing in court. I guess that he felt he could afford £2m out of over £50m just to avoid the bother. My son got divorced recently and insisted on no spousal maintenance. I know of one woman who went to the judge complaining that she couldn't make ends meet and when the judge looked at all the details he said he could not award her any more than one penny a year extra. But it's a gamble.