Please help a Saints fan...

NSS

A good friend of mine, (who happens to be a Saints fan), has entered a competition to win £1,000 worth of 'Visit Queensland' holiday vouchers. If he wins, it means he and his wife and kids will be able to visit relatives (dad and two brothers) in Australia next year, for the first time in almost 10 years. So, if any of you would be kind enough to help, he (Richard) would be most grateful.

Please click on http://www.bigqueensland.com/#/userbigthings/bigthing/328/details and then wait for the page to load. It will eventually show a map and then zoom into Rich's entry (which is called 4X and will display as a pint of beer). Then click on the 'Like' symbol alongside and you'll get a message saying that for your to count you have to enter the compo. It takes about two minutes and you can enter a fake email address to avoid getting junk mail from the Queensland Tourist Board.

Once you've created your own entry, you have to go back to the http://www.bigqueensland.com/#/userbigthings/bigthing/328/details link and click again on the 'Like' button. You will then see the 4X pint grow in height.

He's currently top of the leader board, but only by about 10 votes and with just over 24 hours to go he could easily lose still. So please, if you could spare a minute or two it would mean a lot to him.

Cheers!

Now lying 2nd behind 'Shiny Dollar' who seems to have made a huge surge since yesterday. Less than 2.5 hours to go so please vote if you haven't already, and many thanks to those of you who've already done so.

PS. Nice to see some of you feel that helping a fellow Saints fan is not Saints related. Around 50 Pompey fans have given him their support via a similar link on another forum.

Now lying 2nd behind 'Shiny Dollar' who seems to have made a huge surge since yesterday. Less than 2.5 hours to go so please vote if you haven't already, and many thanks to those of you who've already done so.

PS. Nice to see some of you feel that helping a fellow Saints fan is not Saints related. Around 50 Pompey fans have given him their support via a similar link on another forum.

For that little dig I'm out.

But just because he is a Saints fan doesn't mean that helping him is Saints related. If you had posted a message saying "My friend is after a number of young children for him and his saints supporting paedophile friends to play with, can anyone suggest any who may be vulnerable, whom we can prey on? Thanks", would you still expect people to help? There is a limit to what people are prepared to do just because someone has something in common with them.

Personally, I have been voting for the chap that Buctootim told us about as his seems a more worthy cause. God bless our brave war heroes and our elderly folk.

NB - I am not saying that NSS or any of his friends are paedophiles.

Oh dear. A Saints fan signed up for an online marketing promo.

the premise is that the more friends you get to send emails to the more tickets you get in the draw.

So me and a bunch of mates down here have also entered, but we had enough friends to ensure we got the maximum number of entries.

Don't worry Billy No Mates, we all stand more chance of winning the Euro Millions draw, but nice to see attempts to flood forum members email boxes with More marketing spam.

(But if by some fluke I did win, might just offer up a place to TSW members - that would be funny. Who to take and why? - Lol a whole thread on it's own)

But just because he is a Saints fan doesn't mean that helping him is Saints related. If you had posted a message saying "My friend is after a number of young children for him and his saints supporting paedophile friends to play with, can anyone suggest any who may be vulnerable, whom we can prey on? Thanks", would you still expect people to help? There is a limit to what people are prepared to do just because someone has something in common with them.

Personally, I have been voting for the chap that Buctootim told us about as his seems a more worthy cause. God bless our brave war heroes and our elderly folk.

NB - I am not saying that NSS or any of his friends are paedophiles.

Fair play, though a far-fetched comparison.

The guy can't afford to save a grand in a decade? Serves him right then. If I want to go there, I have to pay. So can he. And no, I couldn't care less that it is another saints fan. That one commonality doesn't mean I give one **** about him, seeing as he could be a complete c*nt, or as Depot says, a nonce. There are Saints fans in Africa who are far more deserving of our help, but I don't see you asking on their behalf. It's frankly selfish, lacking in perspective, and I find it sickening.

Oh dear. A Saints fan signed up for an online marketing promo.

the premise is that the more friends you get to send emails to the more tickets you get in the draw.

So me and a bunch of mates down here have also entered, but we had enough friends to ensure we got the maximum number of entries.

Don't worry Billy No Mates, we all stand more chance of winning the Euro Millions draw, but nice to see attempts to flood forum members email boxes with More marketing spam.

(But if by some fluke I did win, might just offer up a place to TSW members - that would be funny. Who to take and why? - Lol a whole thread on it's own)

have I ever told you how lovely you look?

The guy can't afford to save a grand in a decade? Serves him right then. If I want to go there, I have to pay. So can he. And no, I couldn't care less that it is another saints fan. That one commonality doesn't mean I give one **** about him, seeing as he could be a complete c*nt, or as Depot says, a nonce. There are Saints fans in Africa who are far more deserving of our help, but I don't see you asking on their behalf. It's frankly selfish, lacking in perspective, and I find it sickening.

I'm gonna hazard a guess here and say you didn't vote.

Am I right?

a) If it only cost a grand for a family of five to go to Australia I'm sure he'd have been able to do so before now. This would have contributed to making it possible, not paid for the entire cost of such a trip.

b) So the fact that a travel company/tourist board offers a chance to win such a prize, for someone to attempt to win it is a sickening act of selfishness is it?

c) You know nothing about him, nor me, so for all you know we both may give up a lot of our time to help others (irrespective of any football club they may or may not support).

Of course, everyone's entitled to their viewpoint, but surely it would have sufficed for you to decline the invitation without resorting to uninformed, speculative and churlish name-calling.

As it happens, and as I'm sure you'll be pleased to know, he was only 4th at the midday deadline so I guess he'll just have to keep saving - just as any other big-hearted and reasonable 'Saint' like you would do.

Cheers!

Are you just being melodramatic?

If you find it sickening, perhaps we can find a padded cell to lock you in to avoid your precious feelings being hurt.

Get a grip, maybe even leave your bedroom and venture out into the big wide world.