Thai food

benjii

At the risk of sending over the perfect cross for our resident sun-kissed farangs to head firmly into the back of our collective net of consciousness their tales of what (a bone - excuse the pun - of contention, no doubt, in some cases) they did last summer, I would just like to go on the Saints Web record and announce that I bloody love Thai food.

Please talk, to the extent you would like to, about Thai food below. I am also interested in broadening the conversation to the food of neghbouring countries of Thailand. I would appreciate it if we could not stray into Chinese territory, however, as I think it may have been done before.

I shall start: I am having Thai next Friday. Yum.

At the risk of sending over the perfect cross for our resident sun-kissed farangs to head firmly into the back of our collective net of consciousness their tales of what (a bone - excuse the pun - of contention, no doubt, in some cases) they did last summer, I would just like to go on the Saints Web record and announce that I bloody love Thai food.

Please talk, to the extent you would like to, about Thai food below. I am also interested in broadening the conversation to the food of neghbouring countries of Thailand. I would appreciate it if we could not stray into Chinese territory, however, as I think it may have been done before.

I shall start: I am having Thai next Friday. Yum.

Totally this

Steamed Sea Bass with Fresh Lime Chilli & Corriander

But if you want the true historic Thai recipes then the best on the planet can be found at Cabbages & Condoms (I joke not)

Here is their menu page. They produce a cookbook which is simply exceptional

http://www.pda.or.th/restaurant/menu.asp

The Thai restaurant in Romsey does a terrific version of dim sum, also a kind of crabmeat and pork sausage with honey. Im a big fan of thai food in general, it always seems to carry less cooking-oil than chinese food.

You'll do well to find a fat Thai.

Went for a thai meal on my birthday this year, as I am a huge fan of thai food, but nothing, nothing, could have prepared me for the experience of a jungle curry!

Pad thai is probably one of my favourite dishes from anywhere in the world though. Could eat that all day every day.

Went for a thai meal on my birthday this year, as I am a huge fan of thai food, but nothing, nothing, could have prepared me for the experience of a jungle curry!

Pad thai is probably one of my favourite dishes from anywhere in the world though. Could eat that all day every day.

Bit of a kick?!

Thai food is wonderful, even the street vendors make some wonderful food. The last time I was in Hua Hin there was one vendor which got surrounded each night by the locals. I have no idea what I ate but it was wonderful, a spicy chicken taste for about 100baht[c£1].

If you go a proper Thai place try the 'Royal Thai Curry Lobster' - expensive but bloody wonderful. The Steamed Bass[mentioned above] is lovely too.

Totally this

Steamed Sea Bass with Fresh Lime Chilli & Corriander

But if you want the true historic Thai recipes then the best on the planet can be found at Cabbages & Condoms (I joke not)

Here is their menu page. They produce a cookbook which is simply exceptional

http://www.pda.or.th/restaurant/menu.asp

Never went there when I was in the 'kok but was aware that it is well known.

I am thinking of setting up the Cauliflower and Coil in Powys.

Thai cafe oxford street Closed DOWN now was going for my birthday the other week

Go and see Mom she has a Thai Market stall outside argos in town on a friday/saturday good food and good prices £4 for a bowl of Pad Thai

Edited by dickyhale

I second the King & I in the High Street. Been going there for years. Food always tastes really fresh and you can see the kitchens where your food is being prepared, which is always reassuring.

Has anyone tried the takeaway in St James' Road, Shirley, called Twisted Cuisine? Oddly, it does both Italian and Thai food.Would be interested ito know what the Thai is like.

Beware the chinese takeaway with a 'Thai menu' - Usually just regular chinese dishes with extra chilli added in my experience. Thai food is far more distict than just being 'spicy'!

I second the King & I in the High Street. Been going there for years. Food always tastes really fresh and you can see the kitchens where your food is being prepared, which is always reassuring.

Has anyone tried the takeaway in St James' Road, Shirley, called Twisted Cuisine? Oddly, it does both Italian and Thai food.Would be interested ito know what the Thai is like.

Beware the chinese takeaway with a 'Thai menu' - Usually just regular chinese dishes with extra chilli added in my experience. Thai food is far more distict than just being 'spicy'!

Yes I have order from there a few times think pad thai with chicken is £5.95 not bad and a good size but ordered a red beef curry and when got home is was a green one but l still eat it. One of the better thai based takeways in Southampton

Yeah, tried it....once. was drunk after a home game and went in on the way home....never again.

Would highly recommend the Mango Thai Tapas in Portswood.

http://www.mangothai.co.uk/