BA

CB Saint

No this is not another union bashing thread, well it might be if they screw up my plans.

I have finally managed to book some flights to San Francisco using some airmiles and a free ticket voucher that I had. I have to say they make it damned hard to do this. Anyway, having secured said tickets I went to reserve the seats. Now from my recollection this used to be free, not anymore. £60 (sixty) and that is not the total, that is each way per seat. So for me and the missus to guarentee seat there and back, they want £240. Not even ryan air has that much brass neck. Very unimpressed by that.

On a lighter point, I am looking for recommendations for things to do over there. The rough idea is the napa valley, yosemite and LA with maybe Vegas squeezed in.

Edited by CB Saint
Geographical dyslexia

No this is not another union bashing thread, well it might be if they screw up my plans.

I have finally managed to book some flights to San Francisco using some airmiles and a free ticket voucher that I had. I have to say they make it damned hard to do this. Anyway, having secured said tickets I went to reserve the seats. Now from my recollection this used to be free, not anymore. £60 (sixty) and that is not the total, that is each way per seat. So for me and the missus to guarentee seat there and back, they want £240. Not even ryan air has that much brass neck. Very unimpressed by that.

On a lighter point, I am looking for recommendations for things to do over there. The rough idea is the napa valley, yosemite and LA with maybe Vegas squeezed in.

I love Yosemite. How long is your trip planned for as that is a quite a drive, especially if you're flying in and out of Frisco and you're coming down for LA and LV.

Did you consider Northern CA - coast and Redwood forests?

I am looking for recommendations for things to do over there. The rough idea is the napa valley, yosemite and LA with maybe Vegas squeezed in.

Good choices. Depends how long you've got but if its two-three weeks I'd suggest SF (boat ride to Alcatraz is good but Fishermans wharf is carp), drive to Carmel (good beach and nice inn called Tickle Pink - stay in senators lodge if you can, Monterey Bay Aquarium worth a visit, various top golf courses here inc Pebble Beach which you can play for about £80) drive down highway 1 along Big Sur, visit Hearst Castle stop in San Luis Obispo (farmers market Thursday evening creates a good buzz), stop in Santa Monica rather than LA (good shopping, food, pier and beach - Oceana hotel is nice), Las Vegas, Death Valley (check out a ghost town or Amargosa opera house), stop in motel in Beatty (weird tumbleweed place) up route 95, the passes across the Sierra Nevada dont open till late May, across to Yosemite and wine country (I like the sonoma valley a bit more).

Edited by buctootim

BA have been total cocks for our holiday next year. Took our money (20 of us) and then decided 1 month later cancelled the flight and the route. Getting re booked for 20 people on another airline is very difficult. Beware that BA are currently looking at all routes and will pull out without any concideration of there clients even if you have booked tickets as they don't give a dam