Parents are too soft

Turkish

I've had a google, and as far as I can see, only the Mail reports the 'too soft' quote, and even the Mail only puts the quote in the title... my guess is that Field didn't actually say the words 'too soft'...

The closest I can find from Field is: "positive but authoritative parenting"... which I think is trying to promote perfectly sensible, balanced parenting, not the iron fist approach the Mail has attempted to portray.

Me thinks the Mail has spun this one... (quelle surprise...)

Edited by Joensuu
spelling...

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the man has a point (despite the awful journalism)! There is a time and place for being 'matey' - I think I was about 16 before I stopped seeing the olds as 'scary'. I was about to also get on my high horse about these marriage lessons (or whatever they are) being introduced in schools and was about to launch into a tirade about 'how the curriculum and teaching time itself in secondary schools is already over-stretched' and 'where are we going to find the time to fit this in along side bloody citizenship lessons, sex education, PSHE?' etc. If they are to be put in place in Primarys however then that is a different matter: I'm not saying that teaching time in primarys isn't stretched, but they wouldn't have to try and squeeze it in alongside telling children to make sure they rubber up when they get older unless they want a STI.

No doubt though it will be another government initiative (note, this was the case at points under Labour as well) that will be forced through with gusto, OFSTED will put empahsis on it but by 2012 it will be forgotton about and scrapped.

I'm a parent and I'm not soft.

I beat f*ck out of my missus last night because my dinner wasn't on the table at 6pm. Hard as f*ck.

It managed to get mine on the table, so it was safe there. Remembered my coffee (strong, 2 sugars, shaken, not stirred), so it was safe there. The neglectful c*nt however, served me up oven chips. OVEN CHIPS!? F*****g lazy sl*t. I didn't buy it a potato peeler and a deep fat fryer for f*ck all now did I!? Needless to say, it got what it deserved. See if it does that again in a hurry. As for the kids, my 2 year old cant get to grips with the hoover - Blagger. Thinks i'm bloody stupid.

It managed to get mine on the table, so it was safe there. Remembered my coffee (strong, 2 sugars, shaken, not stirred), so it was safe there. The neglectful c*nt however, served me up oven chips. OVEN CHIPS!? F*****g lazy sl*t. I didn't buy it a potato peeler and a deep fat fryer for f*ck all now did I!? Needless to say, it got what it deserved. See if it does that again in a hurry. As for the kids, my 2 year old cant get to grips with the hoover - Blagger. Thinks i'm bloody stupid.

I hope you put on your hobnail boots and broke the Guinness Book of World Records for number 1 c*nt kickerer in.