Red wine and a cigar

benjii

The Homework thread has reminded me of my days at university when, whilst studying in the final year of my first degree, I would often recline in my room with a glass of red wine and a cigar. I found them both to be rather pleasant and relaxing and to pump my creative pistons, as it were, to a certain extent.

Anyone on here like the cigar? I am thinking of taking it up again; only casually, mind.

I love them. Like you only a casual smoker, in fact it's very rare, only maybe two or three times a year. Went on holiday to Cuba a couple of years back and brought back a few boxes. Our hotel had a whole Cigar shop in it, full of them from £3 to £300.

I love them. Like you only a casual smoker, in fact it's very rare, only maybe two or three times a year. Went on holiday to Cuba a couple of years back and brought back a few boxes. Our hotel had a whole Cigar shop in it, full of them from £3 to £300.

I have the urge to have a bit of a smoke about two or three times a year too. I like the taste of the big cigars but they require a fair amount of commitment given how long it takes to smoke the things!

Not smoked for about a dozen years, but have always fancied partaking in a cigar. So much so that I bought a pack of King Edwards this year in Duty Free. They're still sitting unopened in the cupboard as of now, guess I'm waiting for an occasion to try one rather than just sit in the garden with one for no reason.

I have the urge to have a bit of a smoke about two or three times a year too. I like the taste of the big cigars but they require a fair amount of commitment given how long it takes to smoke the things!

Christmas day. After dinner. Coats on. Cigar and bottle of port. Perfect.

Not smoked for about a dozen years, but have always fancied partaking in a cigar. So much so that I bought a pack of King Edwards this year in Duty Free. They're still sitting unopened in the cupboard as of now, guess I'm waiting for an occasion to try one rather than just sit in the garden with one for no reason.

Put them in the freezer. They will taste wonderful.

One of my mates only smokes cigars, quite funny standing outside a pub with us smoking cigarettes and him puffing away at a cigar.

On a side note - I was on the bus the other day and passed a young chap of about 15/16 smoking a pipe....I can only presume that it was an ironic smoke. Pipes coming back into fashion?

I do like a cigar every now and then. I use to smoke 20+ Malboro's a day, quit. 3 months later, sunning it up in me mates garden, BBQ on the go, Beverages flowing, he brings out the fattest cigars that he could find from Jamaica. I thought I could trust myself... I was wrong. 30 minutes later (only about a 1/4 through this bench Cigar) I was over the garage buying Golden Virginia & Rizla. Now I'm on 10 a day max. Rolling my own certainly cuts it down, just because half the time I can't be arsed to roll it, so I don't have one.

I also find that by smoking my weird concoction of Golden Vadge, Liquirice papers and Menthol filters, no f****r wants to nab a smoke off of me! Mwahahahaha!

As for the pipe mentioned earlier, I'm 23 and posses a pipe. Going by the looks I get, it's got nothing to do with fashion though, I just like it once every so often.

I do like a cigar every now and then. I use to smoke 20+ Malboro's a day, quit. 3 months later, sunning it up in me mates garden, BBQ on the go, Beverages flowing, he brings out the fattest cigars that he could find from Jamaica. I thought I could trust myself... I was wrong. 30 minutes later (only about a 1/4 through this bench Cigar) I was over the garage buying Golden Virginia & Rizla. Now I'm on 10 a day max. Rolling my own certainly cuts it down, just because half the time I can't be arsed to roll it, so I don't have one.

I also find that by smoking my weird concoction of Golden Vadge, Liquirice papers and Menthol filters, no f****r wants to nab a smoke off of me! Mwahahahaha!

As for the pipe mentioned earlier, I'm 23 and posses a pipe. Going by the looks I get, it's got nothing to do with fashion though, I just like it once every so often.

I've got some sort of dope pipe. It came into my possession serendipitously really. It used to do the rounds at school parties and I guess whoever owned it lost track of it (goodness knows how that could have happened) and I have no idea who it actually belongs to. Quite a nice wooden thing with some gold embellishments. I don't use it but it's kind of cool.

like a few of you, a cigar once a year is always a treat at xmas. still have half a box left over from a holiday to cuba a couple of years ago. Had a cigar though two weeks ago while fishing having caught a personal best weight fish. Tasted sweet on the river bank.

wokingsaint

Would love to have a cigar, but after 15 years not smoking (used to be a 30-40 a day man), I know if I had a cigar I would be back on the cigarettes within a couple of weeks, so will not risk it.
That happened to my best mate. He quit smoking for 8 months but started smoking only cigars. A few weeks later he was begging me for a fag.

The Homework thread has reminded me of my days at university when, whilst studying in the final year of my first degree, I would often recline in my room with a glass of red wine and a cigar. I found them both to be rather pleasant and relaxing and to pump my creative pistons, as it were, to a certain extent.

Anyone on here like the cigar? I am thinking of taking it up again; only casually, mind.

fancy a bum?

Cool as f*ck. The thought of smoking makes me feel physically sick, I've never even had a drag. I have to resort to masturbation to pump my creative pistons.