Championship Manager 2 or 97/98

sambosa75

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is somewhere I can download this game? I fancy going old school and whilst I like the newer, more details version of the game, I quite fancy playing a game where you can get through 2 seasons in a day.

I also want to play a game where Erik Nevland, Tommy Svindal Larsen and Jermaine Wright were king.

That's also a cracker. Pretty sure thats the one where Southampton are one of the better teams with Niemi, Claus, Svensson, Marsden, Tessem, Bridge, Oakley, Fernandes, Pahars, Beattie etc... all absolute quality for us. I think I actually have that version somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
Thats the best CM. Markus Allback, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Kim Kallstrom etc etc etc.

Was that the one with Cherno Samba? What a striker he became. The best one I remember though was on Championship Manager 4. Serge Makofo from Wimbledon was a god.

• 2 weeks later...

CM 97/98 without a doubt.

I still have my copy but sadly I can not get it to run on Windows 7 even with DOSBOX.

As for players - give it a season or two and all the old players retire but get 'recycled' and then can be picked up on the cheap. Notable players being Ian Rush, George Weah, an Icelandic DM/FC, Rai and so on!

• 5 weeks later...
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is somewhere I can download this game? I fancy going old school and whilst I like the newer, more details version of the game, I quite fancy playing a game where you can get through 2 seasons in a day.

I also want to play a game where Erik Nevland, Tommy Svindal Larsen and Jermaine Wright were king.

Sambosa, did you manage to track down a copy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
As for players - give it a season or two and all the old players retire but get 'recycled' and then can be picked up on the cheap. Notable players being Ian Rush, George Weah, an Icelandic DM/FC, Rai and so on!

We used to call them 're-incarnations'.

Used to build team of them... Ruud Gullit, Matthaus, M.Laudrup, Baresi. (Although that may've been CM95)

Those were the days :)

• 4 months later...
You should look on ebay mate. I love the older management games, before they got over complicated. Diets and training, staying hydrated. Just get on with it.

Totally agree mate, best option if you want uptodate players etc but without all the diets/training nonsense is to get the PSP version (PSP required).

Totally agree mate, best option if you want uptodate players etc but without all the diets/training nonsense is to get the PSP version (PSP required).

The iOS version is along the same lines as those. It's really quite good.

(iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch required.)

• 1 month later...
It's a online hub as I understand it. Whereby people join and can share files with one another.

Or PM and I can send you a copy.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Sadly I can't PM as you are not a full member! Feel free to email my user name @hotmail.com though!