Oldham away - 11th Jan.

Griffo

Can't find any decent train deals, or any trains trains back.. and that's back to London, let alone Southampton.

If anyone is driving from anywhere around the London area then me and another are offering to pay petrol money to share a lift? Bit of a fag this game being a Tuesday night now, especially with trains to Oldham not running, nor the buses from the ground back to Manchester Picadilly after the game.

Can't find any decent train deals, or any trains trains back.. and that's back to London, let alone Southampton.

If anyone is driving from anywhere around the London area then me and another are offering to pay petrol money to share a lift? Bit of a fag this game being a Tuesday night now, especially with trains to Oldham not running, nor the buses from the ground back to Manchester Picadilly after the game.

I expect we will have to apply in writing for a ballot for tickets for this one?

I am going up and back on the train.

There are £11.50 singles going up from Euston on the day of the game (even cheaper if you have a YP railcard)

not much in the way coming back the next day but there are other options if you want to do this really cheaply from the London area you can currently get :

Megabus coach up - £1 single available on coach that arrives mid-afternoon to Manchester.

Megabus coach back - £6 single on coach back to London Victoria Wednesday morning.

Travelodge in Manchester available for £19 that night.

You would need to take 2 days off to do this, but surely worth it for this game.

No buses back to Manchester afterwards - seriously? That blows my plan then. I work in London but HQ in Manchester. Had a meeting at HQ I had to chair on Tues 4th where I need to stay over. Went to a lot of trouble to rerrange the meeting (10 other people coming) for Tues 11th. The bus was the final piece of the jigsaw.

Wonder what a cab back to Manchester will be (if I can get one)

No buses back to Manchester afterwards - seriously? That blows my plan then. I work in London but HQ in Manchester. Had a meeting at HQ I had to chair on Tues 4th where I need to stay over. Went to a lot of trouble to rerrange the meeting (10 other people coming) for Tues 11th. The bus was the final piece of the jigsaw.

I'm not 100% sure though, you'd have to double check.

If no buses or trains back to Manc I'll be driving and may have space to give you a lift

If no buses or trains back to Manc I'll be driving and may have space to give you a lift

Very decent of you, thanks.

The only train station open is the one 45 mins walk from Boundary Park. Lets wait until January bus schedules are confirmed after Christmas - I would hope they are running ok. Certainly if you look them up for next week they are fine

Gutted that I won't be able to go to this one - I'm now working in London all that week. Have just had a quick look on the GMPTE journey planner, and there are buses running, although not very frequently. Looks like you can catch Bus 181 and it takes about half an hour to get back to Piccadilly Gardens. Last bus is around 11 pm. Don't think I can post the full details here as the website is somewhat interactive, but you can find out for yourselves here: http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk . I just put in Boundary Park as the start point, and Piccadilly Gardens as the finish (most Manchester city centre buses go to Piccadilly Gardens).

Just remember to wrap up warm for this one folks. Joe Royle, the old Man City and Oldham manager, called Boundary Park "Ice Station Zebra" due to its exposed, windy location. So however cold it is when you get off the train at Piccadilly Station, it'll probably be another 5°C colder - in the middle of January, if I was going I'd be wearing three pairs of socks.

• 2 weeks later...
Won't be any more than 500 there.

I would guess 550 for Oldham, especially if we have decent results v Exeter and Dagenham, although if we draw with Blackpool and have a replay up there Oldham turn out could be as low as 350.

I think the lowest away turn out I have been in is 150 odd at Sunderland on a Tuesday in January 2003, 1-0 win was quality.

Is this season going to be a record for mid-week away LEAGUE games?

MK Dons

Yeovil

Oldham

Hartlepool

Walsall

Charlton

Exeter

Dagenham (ok not mid-week but technically not a saturday away game either)

It wouldnt surprise me if Brighton still gets moved from Easter saturday like it was last year, and Plymouth away will have the kick off move eventually as currently clashes with Wales v England on the same day.

Rochdale away FA Cup 5th round day (who knows?)

I would guess 550 for Oldham, especially if we have decent results v Exeter and Dagenham, although if we draw with Blackpool and have a replay up there Oldham turn out could be as low as 350.

I think the lowest away turn out I have been in is 150 odd at Sunderland on a Tuesday in January 2003, 1-0 win was quality.

Is this season going to be a record for mid-week away LEAGUE games?

MK Dons

Yeovil

Oldham

Hartlepool

Walsall

Charlton

Exeter

Dagenham (ok not mid-week but technically not a saturday away game either)

It wouldnt surprise me if Brighton still gets moved from Easter saturday like it was last year, and Plymouth away will have the kick off move eventually as currently clashes with Wales v England on the same day.

Rochdale away FA Cup 5th round day (who knows?)

My Dad reminds me of that Sunderland game and that we went to it, but I don't remember it at all. I would be surprised if we managed 500 at Oldham though. I still need to find a way of getting there and back on the same day/night, so would anyone driving from anywhere around London be willing to give me a lift?

My Dad reminds me of that Sunderland game and that we went to it, but I don't remember it at all. I would be surprised if we managed 500 at Oldham though. I still need to find a way of getting there and back on the same day/night, so would anyone driving from anywhere around London be willing to give me a lift?

On the back of three great wins we might beat 500 now, though appreciate the trip is not the easiest. But we have a resourceful bunch as was showed last season! Good luck

Don't know anyone who's driving, but there is a National Express coach back to Victoria overnight - departs at midnight and gets into Victoria at 6.20 :uhoh:

For anyone who needs to get back to Mnachester there are trains running from Manchester Victoria to Mills Hill two miles from ground before and after gain

Trains are every half hour before game and at 10 and 11pm afterwards journey takes 15 mins return fare £2.80

For anyone who needs to get back to Mnachester there are trains running from Manchester Victoria to Mills Hill two miles from ground before and after gain

Trains are every half hour before game and at 10 and 11pm afterwards journey takes 15 mins return fare £2.80

Buses are also frequent and the bus stops are much closer than this particular train station. Some go from Boundary Park Hospital, virtually next door

Good shout there mate. I had looked into the buses but this might be easier. Looking on Google maps it is a fairly straight forward walk, not sure if this link will work http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

2 miles exactly, Haigh Lane, which turns into Chadderton Hall road, follow round to Burnley Lane, then at the Broadway roundabout turn onto Chadderton Way which leads down to the ground. 37 mins walk.

10 mins journey manchester victoria to Mills Hill , trains depart about every 15mins going out to Oldham in the evening, wont make the 10pm going back so will have to be the 11pm.

Are you getting the train up?

Good shout there mate. I had looked into the buses but this might be easier. Looking on Google maps it is a fairly straight forward walk, not sure if this link will work http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

2 miles exactly, Haigh Lane, which turns into Chadderton Hall road, follow round to Burnley Lane, then at the Broadway roundabout turn onto Chadderton Way which leads down to the ground. 37 mins walk.

10 mins journey manchester victoria to Mills Hill , trains depart about every 15mins going out to Oldham in the evening, wont make the 10pm going back so will have to be the 11pm.

Are you getting the train up?

Am going to be working in Manchester tomorrow and Weds so will be in Manchester already. I found a bus departing after the game at 10.18 (bus 181, leaves from Garforth St, 9 mins walk from the ground, takes 22 mins)

But depending on weather and my mood (if we win !) etc etc I might just grab a cab back to centre of Manc. Got one sorted at £15 if you want?

I was not going to go to this one as Ive got the Diabates clinic on wednesday. The car being serviced tomorrow (monday) so if its not to much damage on the wallet l will drive up to the game

Looking for a share? Check yr PMs Dicky