Terry Jones Invited To Speak At And EDL Rally

dune

So freedom of speech is only acceptable if it doesn't offend Muslims?

UK law imposes a number of limitations on freedom of speech not found in some other jurisdictions. For example, its laws recognise the crimes of incitement to racial hatred and incitement to religious hatred.

It's covered by UK law, so the moron can feck off back home.

I'm thinking of going along if he's granted permsission to speak. I reckon it'd be a good day out and i'd be interested to hear his spiritual views. Does anyone else fancy it?

He shouldn't be given access to the UK on the basis of potential disorder and/or preaching hatred. Just as muslim clerics have been barred from entry.

"Spiritual views". FFS. Stop trolling please!

This; it's exactly the same.

I am not surprised you and your UAF comrades are against freedom of speech. That said i'm yet to see UAF counter demonstrating against Islamic extremism or criticising those that display placards as in the post from R&W91.

Ask some of the Scots and Welsh Nats or the Northern Irish Republicans.

This is different, they live in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland, it's not like they've had to apply for citizenship to live here. It's not like they've been born in another country, made the decision to move here, and then started mouthing off about how sh!t it is.

The stain, I'm on about people who haven't been born here but still carry an anti British agenda, why live here if you don't like it? It'd be like me moving to Portsmouth.

Who?

I've never heard of him and I am far more knowledgeable and intelligent than most members of the public. I predict, therefore, that as long as this isn't hyped absurdly, irresponsibly and sensationalistically by the media, his attendance or otherwise at any minority rally will be entirely inconsequential.

• 2 weeks later...
Who?

I've never heard of him and I am far more knowledgeable and intelligent than most members of the public. I predict, therefore, that as long as this isn't hyped absurdly, irresponsibly and sensationalistically by the media, his attendance or otherwise at any minority rally will be entirely inconsequential.

modest too:lol:

Though as another highly intelligent person;) I too didn't know who he was either until I read the bbc stuff. Think the Monty Python Terry would be more interesting to listen too frankly.

Edited by doddisalegend

The EDL's statement is basically calling Jones a racist and homophobe. If the EDL call you racist, you must be a complete b*stard. Maybe you can fly out and see one of his talks, dune? He sounds right up your street.

I must have hit a nerve if you were that flustered you had to trawl back this far to bump up a thread to make your customory sarcastic remarks.