Tuborg.

Julian H. Cope

I went to Copenhagen a few years ago and even the Carlsberg served out there bears no resemblence to the under-licence garbage we mug Brits buy. Old Carl is a great beer and the stout is good too, if a touch sweet. The amber beer - Carlsberg 57? - is the best of the lot.

Tuborg is from the same stable - it's OK.

• 1 month later...

You may be suprised to know that in Denmark Carlsberg and Tuborg are owned by teh same company and in fact the beers are IDENTICAL - even though some Danes will tell you they can taste the difference.

I went to the Tuborg brewery and they were bottling carlsberg - Special brew is brewed only for the UK.

Can you still get Tuborg in the UK? Haven't seen it for years.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Brahma Beer is teh sex:)

Sorry Calvin, it's just another of the beers owned by InBev who have pushed a mediocre beer on markets all round the world and tried to disguise it as a "Premium" product. It's the same with Stella, Becks, Boddingtons, Bud and Castlemaine.

No amount of advertising will make a poor beer taste any better.

Sorry Calvin, it's just another of the beers owned by InBev who have pushed a mediocre beer on markets all round the world and tried to disguise it as a "Premium" product. It's the same with Stella, Becks, Boddingtons, Bud and Castlemaine.

I'm tired of the usual fare of Fosters and Carling (yes I have no taste I know).

I shall move on to other beers such as Pils as it actually tastes better!

• 2 months later...

Not entirely true, been doing a bit of research on this topic recently and tests in the past all point to people, at least thinking, that a beer tastes better when branded. Though I suppose it depends on what you mean by "tastes better".