Nigel Farage's Christmas Message To The EU Bureucrats

dune

Strange thing is,isnt the pilot who flew the plane in which Farage was a passenger and then crashed,now accused of trying to murder him?

This would suggest if true,that hes not so popular as the right wing media would have us believe.

I don't think there can be any truth in this.

Can the Mods do something to stop Dune posting constant right wing drivel, everyone's entitled to their opinion but he just doesn't shutup?

Don't stop him. Hopefully all his well known tendencies will rise to the top again, when the medication fails, and he'll get himself a proper lifetime ban. No matter what he might try & call himself next time.

Don't stop him. Hopefully all his well known tendencies will rise to the top again, when the medication fails, and he'll get himself a proper lifetime ban. No matter what he might try & call himself next time.

Beats all the left wing kerrap, constantly paraded on here imo.

I like dune's constant right wing posts. They do more damage to his cause than they do in aiding it.

Absolutely -The work he does for the cause of anything to the left of Jean Marie Le Pen has been revelatory.

Don't ban someone who constantly exposes his cause in a way that alienates it to the moderate & rational thinkers..keep up that good work;)

I don't care if you're left wing or right wing, and what opinion you have about this country, Europe, the economy, students and everything else that gets discussed on the Lounge. What I find most annoying is when political stereotypes abound and individuals from either side refuse to simply debate the points at hand, on their own merit. A thread rarely gets beyond 10 replies before the first insult is thrown and the original point is lost in a swarm of point-scoring and name-calling. It usually gets quite pathetic IMO. And that applies to lots of threads on here, not just political ones.

Well, that killed that thread then! lol

Yeah, loser..

Its pity people often dont debate individual economic and political issues using their own knowedge and reasoning. Arguing 'my party is right and yours is crap' is sterile.

Edited by buctootim

I like dune's constant right wing posts. They do more damage to his cause than they do in aiding it.

i agree and his love of divisive losers like thatcher and ian smith,two men who he admires,he really needs to get a girlfriend for the lonely life he leads but then he would need to spend some money on her and we know he only loves cash and not real relationships--- who is this nigel farage guy anyway............

Not sure 'loser' is the most apt description of Britain's most successful post war Prime Minister....

I think that depends by which measure you define her 'success'. Come up to here and ask people from Barnsley and Rotherham if they agree with you and you'll probably end up with a black eye or two.

I think that depends by which measure you define her 'success'. Come up to here and ask people from Barnsley and Rotherham if they agree with you and you'll probably end up with a black eye or two.

Wouldn't they enter into constructive conversation rather than resort to violence?

Wouldn't they enter into constructive conversation rather than resort to violence?

There is still a hell of a lot of ill feeling towards her in the former mining villages of South Yorkshire. There will actually be street parties around these parts when she dies, mark my words.

There is still a hell of a lot of ill feeling towards her in the former mining villages of South Yorkshire. There will actually be street parties around these parts when she dies, mark my words.

Doesn't surprise me. She'll probably have a wry smile on her face looking down at the irony of people exhibiting nastiness towards a person they believed was nasty.

What is it they say about two wrongs...?

I don't care if you're left wing or right wing, and what opinion you have about this country, Europe, the economy, students and everything else that gets discussed on the Lounge. What I find most annoying is when political stereotypes abound and individuals from either side refuse to simply debate the points at hand, on their own merit. A thread rarely gets beyond 10 replies before the first insult is thrown and the original point is lost in a swarm of point-scoring and name-calling. It usually gets quite pathetic IMO. And that applies to lots of threads on here, not just political ones.

tbf

btf is the embodiment of a political stereotype

Doesn't surprise me. She'll probably have a wry smile on her face looking down at the irony of people exhibiting nastiness towards a person they believed was nasty.

What is it they say about two wrongs...?

'She'll probably have a wry smile on her face'

That's senile regression...she's just pi**ed herself...'mad bat' (name courtesy of Paul Merton)

Labour did indeed close a lot of the older mines that were coming to the end of their life,which still caused the loss of jobs,but the difference with Thatcher is she wanted to shut down the whole British coal industry.After she totally decimated the coal industry(leaving us to import coal from Russia and South Africa),she went on to sell off our nationalised industries.

No wonder so many people hate her.

I would have thought the Anti Maggie lefties on here would have agreed with Farage, after all they fought the '83 election with the very same policy. Although unlike farage they changed their position and did an about turn when they lost (there's nothing like sticking by your principles)

Not many MPs,what ever party they belong to stick to their promises.

Not many MPs,what ever party they belong to stick to their promises.

I would have thought wanting to withdraw from the EEC was a bit more than a promise. How can you go from anti EEC to pro Europe in under 4 short years.The Labour party seem to adopt the "you dont like my principles, here's another set" approach to winning elections. Say what you like about Thatcher, but she stuck to what she believed in and took the people with her.You cant say the same about the Labour movement.

Labour did indeed close a lot of the older mines that were coming to the end of their life,which still caused the loss of jobs,but the difference with Thatcher is she wanted to shut down the whole British coal industry.After she totally decimated the coal industry(leaving us to import coal from Russia and South Africa),she went on to sell off our nationalised industries.

No wonder so many people hate her.

I think that what Maggie did to the coal mining communities was bordering on being a social crime. That said the real enemy of the miners were the unions who made the industry uncompetitive and thus unviable. They also did not help their cause by being so confrontational. Why did Thatcher however not do more to help these communities.

I think that what Maggie did to the coal mining communities was bordering on being a social crime. That said the real enemy of the miners were the unions who made the industry uncompetitive and thus unviable. They also did not help their cause by being so confrontational. Why did Thatcher however not do more to help these communities.

This is the real reason that coal mining collapsed in this country, it was cheaper to import it, but hey! it makes it easier for the lefties to blame Maggie, and ignore the fact, that the unions got to big for their boots!

This is the real reason that coal mining collapsed in this country, it was cheaper to import it, but hey! it makes it easier for the lefties to blame Maggie, and ignore the fact, that the unions got to big for their boots!

Maybe it was cheaper to import our coal then (though now we are held to ransom),but add to that bill all of those miners,back up staff,engineers,management who were put on the dole and all of those businesses who relied on the mining industry,then i will bet it has cost us far more.

The fault of Thatcher was she only did things that made her friends richer and didnt think how her actions would effect the country years later.

I thought Dune was the dumbest poster on here but actually, it's you. You combine not being very bright with a clear lack of understanding of the topic.

Why don't you go away, research the dash for gas, gas privatisation and make an informed decision regarding why the government decided to close the profitable coal mines.

Anyone who feels that being reliant on importing our coal, gas and oil is a good thing deserves to take over the dumb crown from Dune.

I thought Dune was the dumbest poster on here but actually, it's you. You combine not being very bright with a clear lack of understanding of the topic.

Why don't you go away, research the dash for gas, gas privatisation and make an informed decision regarding why the government decided to close the profitable coal mines.

Anyone who feels that being reliant on importing our coal, gas and oil is a good thing deserves to take over the dumb crown from Dune.

No ThreeLions you are the dumbest person on here.

You're probably the only hooligan in history to get banged up without throwing a punch.

Maybe it was cheaper to import our coal then (though now we are held to ransom),but add to that bill all of those miners,back up staff,engineers,management who were put on the dole and all of those businesses who relied on the mining industry,then i will bet it has cost us far more.

The fault of Thatcher was she only did things that made her friends richer and didnt think how her actions would effect the country years later.

This.

Farage says what a not insignificant number of people actually think, but are all to often slapped down by the politically correct brigade that pervades our society nowadays.

More power to his elbow I say !

This is why UKIP always do well in European elections. A large swathe of Conservative voters lend them their vote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8088343.stm

Edited by dune

It is looking like Farage may be proved right about the single currency, possibly more through luck than judgement though.

Either way you have to respect him for actually standing for something he believes in unlike the other spineless lot from Labour, Lib Dem, Conservatives etc who just change what they stand for like the wind just to get elected.