Boiler broken

swannymere

Has he spoke to his landlord yet? Insurance wise, he may be entitled to claim for hotel expenses directly from the company, thy have teams working atm to deal with people's domestic heating claims. Not a 'fiddle' it is what we pay insurance for, comfort.

Household/Buildings insurance? Or are boilers not covered?

Why is it not working ? If it has just broken down then failure of the boiler itself would not be covered under a buildings policy.

For alternative accomodation the house has to be "uninhabitable", not just uncomfortable or inconvenient.

Why is it not working ? If it has just broken down then failure of the boiler itself would not be covered under a buildings policy.

For alternative accomodation the house has to be "uninhabitable", not just uncomfortable or inconvenient.

I'd consider a house with no heating at the moment to be un-inhabitable though. I just spent a few hours sat in a car in Sevenoaks but at least I had heating.

Tell your mate to call whoever ANY policy is with, he needs to call them. If no policy at all then the council. It's bloody freezing tonight and it's getting colder.

He won't get a boiler engineer at the moment for love nor money. Where exactly does he live, if he's remote maybe someone should check on him.

British Gas guarantee a next day call if you are without heating or hot water.

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/maintenance-and-repair/boilers-and-heating/boiler-and-heating-repairs.html

edit. just seen you need to sign up to their scheme for £3pm and wait 7 days before you can claim. no help to OP.

Junction 9 is always great help with this sort of thing. PM him - he's always happy to help a fellow Saints fan, whatever the hour - he came and fixed mine at 11:30pm at night when I PM'd him on here. I didn't even know him either, someone just recommended him on here.