Asda roundabout chandlers ford

SO16_Saint

Same as the dual carriageway between the M27 and Bursledon tesco.

I believe they are to force you to slow down as you don't know whats coming.

I preferred slowing down AND seeing what was coming.

I wonder how many crashes there were at that roundabout and how many there will be going forward.

More now, I'd guess

Who's bright idea was it to put up fence panels on the approach to the roundabout so you can't see other cars coming?

Genius!

It is a bloody stupid idea, they've done it on the M3 at J5 too. You used to be able to see what was coming, judge your speed and go or slow down. Now you have to slam on the brakes, stop, see what's coming then go.

All I can say is that it is a) not very green as you have to use more fuel and b) penalises those drivers who can read ahead and don't need to stop at every junction!!!!

Same as the dual carriageway between the M27 and Bursledon tesco.

I believe they are to force you to slow down as you don't know whats coming.

Was most amused to see the boards slowly disappearing over the ensuing weeks after their installation until the council bods were back to 'nail em up' and screw them in place.

They slow the unitiated but not me, they're a few boards short to stop me keeping traffic flowing.

Never seen any accidents there so spend the money on the schools and hospitals you fkcing numpty council fecks.

'Council bods' were removing the 'This is a death trap' grafitti when I passed the boards on my way to work this morning.

Incidently, I agree that the boarding is daft and will surely cause more accidents than they avoid. Having said that, you would hope that some sort of risk analysis was done before they went up.

I worked at hampshire Corp Park by the roundabout for 25 years, never heard of one prang involving queing cars coming down from Bournemouth Road; the similar boards at Cadnam and hedge End are to stop specific anti social speeding bikes and cars I understand, so goodness knows why here. The graffiti has been painted over.

'Council bods' were removing the 'This is a death trap' grafitti when I passed the boards on my way to work this morning.

Incidently, I agree that the boarding is daft and will surely cause more accidents than they avoid. Having said that, you would hope that some sort of risk analysis was done before they went up.

You would hope so, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's on my daily route home and I thunk that some people are missing the actual point of the boards, they are there to slow the Chilworth traffic but not to stop accidents alkthough that will be one benefit imho.

Prior to their erection and following companies taking up residence in the new park behing ASDA the traffic on Chestnut was getting slower and the queues longer by the day. The boards enable a more smooth and equal flow through the whole junction. That new park added about 5 mins to mine and others from that route's journey, now I reckon they've shaved about 7 minutes off of the queueing time at peak hours.

Obviously if they had been erected on MY side I would also be irrationally upset by them but if you really do think that they may cause YOU to have an accident then they may inadvertently save you from one of your own bad driving habits, we all have them.

For the first time, today, I encountered these boards from a different perspective. I was leaving ASDA, about 07.00, and going almost right around and exiting into Chestnut Avenue. I realised that as I came to that junction I had no idea if someone was approaching, from Chilworth, in a reasonable manner or if it could be an idiot about to jump onto the roundabout. I know I was on the inside of the roundabout at that stage but it was quite disconcerting to not be able to see, or avoid, any strange traffic movement from there.