No sprouts for xmas

CB Saint

I am going to my brothers for xmas dinner and he is point blank refusing to cook sprouts. To me they are as important to the tradditional xmas dinner as, say, crackers but he is not having any of it.

Got me thinking, what one food item perfectly captures xmas for them? Is it mince pies, brandy butter, sprouts?

For me is has to be the chipolata wrapped in bacon.

I can't stand sprouts either. I read once that most people are deficient in a special gene. This gene is possessed by only a few of us but it allows us to taste how bitter sprouts (and broccoli) really are. The rest of you just don't know how awful they actually taste.

For me, port and stilton. I suppose it must be that you remember the foods that you only have once a year. When I was a kid we only had chicken on Christmas Day, but now you can get in everywhere so it's no longer special.

Enjoy your sproutless lunch and have a great day!

Cheese Football sandwiches.

Blimey there is pot of they hidden in the kitchen having the drinking munchies that it quite a tempting midnight snack.

Back to the subject at hand:

Pigs in blankets without doubt

Too many roast spuds so you can eat them cold later

Christmas Pud with one of those brandy laced creams (that my Dad adds to) Got to have money in too

Without doubt Sprouts with Pannacetta and Chestnuts................. The active ingredient when blended with Turkey to ensure a gale warning is issued around about half 3 - 4 o'clock! Paarrrrrrrrp!

Merry Christmas